Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2009 JD Power Customer Retention Study

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-09, 12:37 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by IS-SV
You guys bring up some good points about Infiniti that I never thought of. And they are down there in some real sad company/brands with low retention scores.
Whats amazing is Porsche's scores might rise since they have expanded not just into SUVs but now into a sedan.

Old 12-14-09, 12:59 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

If the buyer sees or sits in a new Maxima/Murano, more confusion sets in.
Exactly the case. When we went shopping for an RX replacement, and not at all liking the new RX, we shopped Infiniti, then went to Nissan - why should I pay the premium for an EX when I can get a Murano with essentially the same interior, same V6, better fuel mileage, and just as quiet. So, we got the Murano, and haven't regretted it one bit. I like Infiniti, but, not that much more! Sad too, as the G is an awesome car, and the EX has a lot of interesting features, but not worth the extra $'s. Now if Nissan put an AWD system in the Maxima, they would have some serious competition!
Old 12-15-09, 08:19 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Orzel
Exactly the case. When we went shopping for an RX replacement, and not at all liking the new RX, we shopped Infiniti, then went to Nissan - why should I pay the premium for an EX when I can get a Murano with essentially the same interior, same V6, better fuel mileage, and just as quiet. So, we got the Murano, and haven't regretted it one bit. I like Infiniti, but, not that much more! Sad too, as the G is an awesome car, and the EX has a lot of interesting features, but not worth the extra $'s. Now if Nissan put an AWD system in the Maxima, they would have some serious competition!

Exactly. I would love to see an AWD Maxima.

Old 12-15-09, 08:28 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Exactly. I would love to see an AWD Maxima.
The Maxima is pretty expensive full equipped.
In fact I've read in some auto article that a fully equipped Maxima is very close in cost to a G37 with the same equipment.
An AWD model will bring a Maxima even closer if that article was true.I haven't checked the cost of a loaded Maxima,though.
Old 12-15-09, 08:45 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Joeb427
The Maxima is pretty expensive full equipped.
In fact I've read in some auto article that a fully equipped Maxima is very close in cost to a G37 with the same equipment.
An AWD model will bring a Maxima even closer if that article was true.I haven't checked the cost of a loaded Maxima,though.
Loaded it is around 38-39k. G37 loaded is around 43-44k. No one pays MSRP. The Maxima offers items the G37 doesn't and vice versa. Both offer 0% financing.

To me the G37 advantages are clearly more power, sportier handling, dealer service. To me the Maxima looks tons better, offers the same refinement/interior look, marginally slower, with a bigger interior.