Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

someone didn't like this bmw lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-09, 11:17 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I saw a black Mercedes CLK coupe last week at a jewelery store that was keyed really bad, not as bad as that BMW but it was bad, every panel and even the roof and trunk had several large scrapes. Thing is most keys will not do that kind of damage and it was more likely done with a flat head screw driver or knife. I was debating asking the employee at the jewelery store if it was his and what he was going to do about the paint and if he wanted me to see if I could make it less noticeable by some compounding and polishing but I figured most likely the person would be embarrassed and not want to talk about.

If the guy with the CLK was not covered or did not have the money for a repaint a decent touchup like Dr. Colorchip and some wetsanding and polishing could make it much less noticeable at least until you got right up to it.
Old 12-15-09, 11:52 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

To find who did it just go to your ex girlfriends house and do it to her car. That is a "vandalism of passion" lol
Old 12-15-09, 12:07 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Highly doubt if it was a woman who did it. Women usually leave a message letting everyone else know why the damage was done (CHEATER, PIG, DOG, ETC). And they don't usually destroy the car because they want you to have to drive to work the next day so everyone can see their 'message' and embarrass them like Udel's scenario above.

Could just as easily been an insurance scam where someone wanted to stop their lease payments.