Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

10 most optimistic car names of all time

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-09, 08:26 AM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

What about kia optima? I don't know what it means but it sounds optimistic
Old 12-15-09, 10:40 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I always found it funny how American companies used great famous racing classes/circuits for such utterly crappy cars not worthy of those names like the Chrysler Sebring, Pontiac Lemans, Dodge Daytona, Pontiac Grand Prix, Pontiac Grand Am, Chevy Monza, etc. The Grand National version of the Regal in the early 80's was one of the few worthy of the name.

Those names would go so much better with high performance German, Italian, or Japanese cars and I am surprised they did not take those names first for certain cars. I think Porsche Lemans or Sebring would have been a better name then Carrera GT, Cayman, Panamera, if they could have used those names. When I mention Carrera GT many people think I am talking about a 911 Carrera and not a totally different car. I would figure if GM and Chrysler were going to use those names they would at least use them on something more worthy and performance inspired.

I would not be surprised if we end up getting a Chrysler or Chevy Nürburgring, Nordschleife, Fugi, Tokachi, Indy, Talladega, etc in the future as a cheap fwd 4 cylinder econobox or soft riding CUV from the way they have been naming cars.