Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

AutoSpies rips Motor Trend a new one

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-09, 01:00 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I've never had an issue with the freebies and it gives me GREAT PLEASURE to get them for free.
I'm also pretty sure my subscriptions ran out many many months ago,

but still getting them.

Old 12-14-09, 05:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Reminds me of the old east coast west coast stuff from back in the day
Old 12-14-09, 07:37 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by madoka
Well, when Autoweek proclaimed the CTS station wagon as "the best-looking car built today," I knew the magazines had jumped the shark.
Well, though maybe not the best-looker today, I have to say that the CTS wagon is certainly far from ugly (I briefly looked one over a few weeks ago when I reviewed the Cadillac SRX). And, though I'll let him speak for himself on the matter, I believe that Mike (1SICKLEX) likes it, too.
Old 12-14-09, 07:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, though maybe not the best-looker today, I have to say that the CTS wagon is certainly far from ugly (I briefly looked one over a few weeks ago when I reviewed the Cadillac SRX). And, though I'll let him speak for himself on the matter, I believe that Mike (1SICKLEX) likes it, too.
I have to admit I love the CTS in pics and to me, it looked fantastic in the flesh. One of the few wagons I do think looks better than a lot of sedans/coupes etc.

Old 12-14-09, 09:29 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I have to admit I love the CTS in pics and to me, it looked fantastic in the flesh. One of the few wagons I do think looks better than a lot of sedans/coupes etc.
agreed. I saw one on the road on BBS wheels and I FLIPPED OUT. That is ONE HOT WAGON.
Old 12-14-09, 10:51 PM
Epik151
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autospies is a joke of a car website and those guys do anything they can to try and get more hits. If you actually read the MT article, they're right about the overblown reaction to the Honda Crosstour. It's not all that bad.

I'm not even sure if the MT writer even knows about autospies' existence. Also, the writers at autospies are embarrassingly amateur.

There is a growing number of respectable car web sites but autospies is not among them.
Old 12-14-09, 11:59 PM
madoka
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, though maybe not the best-looker today, I have to say that the CTS wagon is certainly far from ugly (I briefly looked one over a few weeks ago when I reviewed the Cadillac SRX).
But that's the whole point. It is not better looking than any number of Ferrari, Lambo, Aston Martin, etc. But they kept insisting that it is the best looking car built. Period.
Old 12-15-09, 10:24 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Free is good, Honda Aztek not so good.
And the Honda El Camino
Old 12-15-09, 10:48 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

LOL! Everything Don said is true. Look at magazines nowadays, they don't bear the interesting content I remember reading...and it is for sure they got really cheap with the print material. Compare an issue of MT or any magazine publication for that matter from not even 10 or 15 years ago and compare it today's mags. Today's magazines are getting closer to newspaper stock and the articles are not as enthusiastic as they used to. We are definitely living a new era in media. I stopped my long-time subscription to MT after Primedia monopolized great magazines and turned em into fire starting material.

As for the Accord, Honda needs to reorganize and figure out what they started messing up starting with the Element and Ridgeline. Now it's the Crosstour, the recent revamp of the so-called Prius fighter, Insight (should be renamed the Unsought). Don't forget the Acura ZDX. Fail.
Old 12-15-09, 11:42 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Epik151
Autospies is a joke of a car website and those guys do anything they can to try and get more hits. If you actually read the MT article, they're right about the overblown reaction to the Honda Crosstour. It's not all that bad.

I'm not even sure if the MT writer even knows about autospies' existence. Also, the writers at autospies are embarrassingly amateur.

There is a growing number of respectable car web sites but autospies is not among them.
Ditto.

The summary of the MT article is that the Crosstour looks better in person and that the venom originally thrown at it might be overblown. Overblown ... just like the Autospies post. I don't follow Autospies, and have no plans to do so, especially after this kind of "trolling-for-a-reaction" response.
Old 12-15-09, 11:47 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am not a fan of Motor Trend magazine but I would read their columns and articles before I read auto spies. Online magazines are weak imho. I want it in my hands so I can take the article on a plane or even into the bathroom