Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Bugatti Brings Three New "Special Edition" Veyrons to Dubai

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-09, 10:26 AM
LexFather

Post Bugatti Brings Three New "Special Edition" Veyrons to Dubai

The Middle East triumvirate will consist of the Veyron Nocturne, which features "galvanized side windows" that add continuity to the polished aluminum body panel accents, and there are also polished wheels and a "black nanocoated magnesium dashboard" with a center console rendered in galvanized platinum. Just five examples will be built.

Bugatti will also show its Veyron "Sang d'Argent" and a topless Grand Sport "Soliel de Nuit" model for those that like a little sun and sand in their hair. The former of which employs a silver metallic finish and alloys nicked from the Grand Sport and the latter incorporates "country coded" colors that include a silver metallic lower and an impossibly deep upper blue finish and a Havanna interior with quilted seats.

Source

Old 12-15-09, 10:37 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Man those are nice... Just hope no one ends up in a River over there..
Old 12-15-09, 11:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i think they look pretty cool
Old 12-15-09, 11:13 AM
Coconut
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

Whats the white car to the left on the 3rd picture?
Old 12-15-09, 11:26 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

This now makes like 10 different Bugatti Veyron lines now. Its no surprise that they will market these cars specifically fore the middle east. They have the money for cars like this and demand exclusivity

here is a break down:

Pur Sang

A Bugatti Veyron Pur Sang
On 11 September 2007, a special version of the Veyron called the "Pur Sang"[2] (French for "thoroughbred", literally "pure blood") was unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show. The only difference from the standard Veyron is the body finishing: the Pur Sang has none, revealing the Veyron's pure aluminium-carbon fibre body, with just a clear coat protection. Production of the Pur Sang will be limited to five cars, which will have high-gloss aluminium roadwheels with a diamond cut finish.[3]
[edit]Fbg par Hermès

A Bugatti Veyron Fbg par Hermès
The Bugatti Veyron Fbg Par Hermès[4][5] is named after the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, the street at which number 24 contains Hermès' headquarters. The car features numerous changes to both the interior and exterior of the car. The front end of the car has been modified slightly, and the Hermès monogram has been added to the front grille. The roadwheels also feature a single H in the centre, and the fuel filler door is engraved with "Bugatti Veyron Fbg Par Hermès". The interior is done in Hermès leather and features new internal door handles reminiscent of handles used on Hermès trunks, there is also a Hermès wallet which is designed to fit inside the centre console, and a Hermès suitcase designed to fit inside the trunk is also included. The car is only available in a unique combination of ebony and étoupe colors with a beige interior with black seats.
[edit]Sang Noir
The Sang Noir pays homage to the original Bugatti Atlantique 57S of the 1930s. Exterior styling combines an all-black colour palette — Sang Noir means "black blood" — with raw carbon fibre panels, blacked-out headlamps, and aluminium trim for the grille surround and side mirrors. The production run was 15 vehicles. The interior is exclusively finished in bright orange.[6]
[edit]Grand Sport
Bugatti announced the production of a targa top version, called Grand Sport. The car was unveiled at Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance[7] on 15 August 2008, with production that began in spring 2009. The Grand Sport comes with small tweaks to the windshield and running lights, and two removable tops. The second is a temporary roof fashioned after an umbrella and inspired by pictures of classic Bugatti racers with umbrellas in hand. The Grand Sport can reach 406 km/h with the hardtop in place, the same top speed as the coupé version. With no roof, the top speed is limited to 369 km/h, and to 130 km/h with the temporary soft roof. The Grand Sport has extensive reinforcement beyond the standard Veyron, including carbon fiber doors, hoops, intake faces; carbon fibre enclosed transmission tunnel.[8]
The first Grand Sport (code named: Chassis 001) was sold at the 2008 Gooding & Company Pebble Beach Auction with a winning bid price of $2.9 million. Approximately $900,000 of the auction price went to charity.[9]
[edit]Bleu Centenaire
This version was a new edition created to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Bugatti brand. The entire body was painted blue, rather than the standard two-tone scheme. Instead, a combination of matte and gloss "Bugatti Blue" paint was used.[10] The mid-section between the two wings on the hood was expanded, and a chrome strip up the middle was added. The car is also more expensive than the standard Veyron, costing in excess of £1
The car was unveiled at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show.[11]
[edit]Mansory Linea Vincero
Italian car tuner, Mansory, decided to tune up the Bugatti Veyron 16.4. What was born was the Vincero, meaning 'I will win' in Italian. The front part gets a comprehensive face-lift including modified wings, a shorter hood and a striking front apron. The LED daytime running lights integrated in the front mount and the implemented stylised “V” as a special tribute to the name “Vincerò” draw even more attention to the car. The newly developed side skirts are the visual and aerodynamic connection between the axles. Larger air outlets at the sides and at the back render optimal engine cooling and in combination with the new diffuser, they underline the powerful car design. Mansory transforms the car using an ultra light and high strength carbon giving it a light look (and drive). The car costs about a million above that of the stock bugatti.cool
[edit]

Last edited by I8ABMR; 12-15-09 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-15-09, 01:29 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a special on this car, and they said it does 0-60 in 2.5 sec., and 0-120 in 4.5 sec. That is hauling A$$, at 2M a unit.
Old 12-15-09, 02:27 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Coconut
Whats the white car to the left on the 3rd picture?
i believe it is a Danish supercar.

i do not know what it's called.
Old 12-15-09, 03:54 PM
Milla...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are truely the most beautiful ugly cars I've ever seen in my life. I simply can not say a single negative thing about these ugly cars they're so dog-gon beautiful.
Old 12-15-09, 06:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

After looking at the stuff they do to their SUVs I guess its no surprise that they do this to their almost 2 million dollar cars
Attached Thumbnails Bugatti Brings Three New "Special Edition" Veyrons to Dubai-09-12-15-gold-lexus-lx-570.jpg  
Old 12-15-09, 08:58 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

cant even look at this cars anymore....worry about the mortgage payments this month...
Old 12-15-09, 09:05 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

jeez how many more special editions are there gonna be

they all look pretty much the same too
Old 12-15-09, 10:23 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ill b checking out these bad boys and a host of others tomorow
I think they might the have the galiber (4 door one) concept there as well

Cant wait!!!!!!

Last edited by ndk83; 12-15-09 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-15-09, 10:29 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
After looking at the stuff they do to their SUVs I guess its no surprise that they do this to their almost 2 million dollar cars
That car Foiled, which is a cheaper alternative to paint.

The buggatis however are from the factory with those finished, but ur right, im sure ull see a few foiled bugattis running around
Old 12-16-09, 12:05 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

That blue one is just ... oh man, I want it.
Old 12-16-09, 06:39 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by whoster
i believe it is a Danish supercar.

i do not know what it's called.
Zenvo ST1
I love how aggressive that car looks.

Quick Reply: Bugatti Brings Three New "Special Edition" Veyrons to Dubai