Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Aston Martin Cygnet (Toyota IQ) updated from Geneva (update) starts at $49,500

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-09, 07:26 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are two reasons why I LOVE this car:

1: It's an Aston Martin.
2: It's a Toyota.

Old 12-21-09, 07:35 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetfire
wow, i think this hurts the brand. now every joe blow will buy it because it's an aston martin. won't make people drool over the brand anymore.

hope this is a joke. i want an aston martin in dark grey.
would you buy 3m car with 100hp engine for the price of brand new, well equipped IS250?

I doubt every joe would either...
Old 12-23-09, 12:52 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
did you see the suv/cuv monstrosity too? i assume aston HAS to do the smart type car to bring up their average fuel economy.
Actually, from the looks of things, they really have too. Most of their lineup is on sports cars like what we already know.......but the engines used are something that EU government tends to frown upon. In short, with Euro 6 just five years away (or even less than that), AM does not want its business to be forced to shut down or to halt hence why the need for this vehicle.

Some will like it (like me hehe) while some don't. But nevertheless, they would have no choice either way.

And hey, for a small car, this vehicle is quite cool tbh
Old 03-03-10, 07:31 AM
LexFather

2010 Geneva: Aston Martin Cygnet in New Colors, Including Gulf Livery

Originally Posted by stu@kilometer
See a bunch of new photos through the link. . .

GALLERY

Last edited by LexFather; 03-03-10 at 07:54 AM.

Old 03-03-10, 08:02 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$34k beater for Aston Martin owners.

I guess the Aston Martin owners who would buy this, would be for their kids that are learning how to drive or a secondary car for city living.
Old 03-03-10, 08:30 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JessePS

I guess the Aston Martin owners who would buy this, would be for their kids that are learning how to drive or a secondary car for city living.
why would not they drive them themselves? in europe often parking is quite problematic, and lately some cities have banned bigger cars from city centers...
Old 03-03-10, 08:41 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JessePS

I would actually buy one of these, provided I had the money to buy an Aston in the first place. My wife and I both like it. A DBS for weekends, this for the weekdays and a Rapide for the family!!
Old 03-03-10, 10:57 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

new trend is adding 2 more doors to a sports car.
next trend is microsizing an exotic

if this is successful, then other luxury makers are jumping in:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...he-future.html

Old 03-03-10, 11:03 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I have lost a lot of respect for Aston Martin if they produce anything like this little bastard child. Ferrari should make a version of the Tata nano based on what they are doing. Aston was not popular because the cars are over priced, not as fast as the competition, and look relatively dull when compared to cars in their price range. Now they do this. Its not going to be a good thing to those few people who actually buy these cars. It ruins the image of the other cars
Old 03-03-10, 01:58 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

I see some CT 200h in the rear 3/4
Old 03-03-10, 02:35 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

this is the start of the end of Aston Martin
Old 03-03-10, 02:42 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UberNoob
this is the start of the end of Aston Martin
With American CAFE Standards and Europe joining controlled emissions standards, this is the BEGINNING of what is to come with ALL BRANDS, exotics included.

Thankfully, Lambo and Bentley are under the VW umbrella, who produce small vehicles. Rolls Royce is under the BMW umbrella, so they can pull off meeting emission standards.

Brands that will be affected drastically are Aston Martin (as seen here), Jaguar, Land Rover, Ferrari (I can only imagine how it will get butchered), Maserati, and the such...
Old 03-03-10, 04:35 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Actually, from the looks of things, they really have too. Most of their lineup is on sports cars like what we already know.......but the engines used are something that EU government tends to frown upon. In short, with Euro 6 just five years away (or even less than that), AM does not want its business to be forced to shut down or to halt hence why the need for this vehicle.

Some will like it (like me hehe) while some don't. But nevertheless, they would have no choice either way.

And hey, for a small car, this vehicle is quite cool tbh
iQ drives like it was an Lexus... so all these comments are really silly, car is solid and only downside to iQ was interior, which AM fixed.

As to the suspension and powertrains, there is literally nothing better on the market in that class or even few classes above.
Old 01-20-11, 04:25 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Aston Martin launches Cygnet with two special models, priced from $49,500

http://www.leftlanenews.com/aston-ma...rom-49500.html

Following a rather quiet unveiling late last year, Aston Martin has launched two special editions of its Cygnet city car. Appropriately, the Launch Edition models are simply called White and Black.

The Launch Edition White model is painted Snow White paint with a mix of silver mesh, chrome brightwork and White Diamond turned alloy wheels. The interior features Pearl white leather seats with Alcantara inserts and satin chrome.

The Launch Edition Black is finished in Magic Black metallic paint with a specially developed deep sea green effect, offset by matt black louvers and chrome brightwork. Inside the LE Black is covered in black leather with a diamond pattern used throughout.

Both Launch Edition models come standard with a Bill Amberg five-piece luggage set design to specifically fit the Cygnet. The set includes a glove box bag, removable door pocket bag, holdall, garment bag and a collapsible tote bag.

The Aston Martin Cygnet is currently available for order, with production scheduled to start in April. The Cygnet carries a not-so-small-car base price of £30,995, or about $49,500.

Old 01-20-11, 04:30 PM
LexFather

Thanks Jwong for the update.

50 grand for a Toyota IQ with an Aston Badge. I think this maybe the worst use of badge engineering one has ever seen. Wow, can't believe they went through with this.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin Cygnet (Toyota IQ) updated from Geneva (update) starts at $49,500