Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cop (335i owner) owns teen 350z driver

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-09, 08:49 PM
LexFather

Post Cop (335i owner) owns teen 350z driver

Good read!

Originally Posted by archangel06
Just saw this on BCBimmers.com. don't think it's a repost... :P

anyways, enjoy

link to the story: http://www.e90post.com/forums/...32203

Tonight I was going out to work to finish up a report. Its a nice cool night and I took the 335i. Well, I was in the slow lane and I see a set of HID lights pull up on my rear bumper fast! WTF?!? It changes lanes and it was a murdered out 350Z. Pretty much he was jabbing at his throttle getting me to run. I just stayed in the slow lane and cruised. After a minute or so of trying the driver side window rolls down and some idiot sticks his hand out and gives me a thumbs down. The guy zooms off and begins weaving through traffic.

I keep my pace and he gets stuck behind traffic. Again I am side by side with this clown and he again tries to get me to run. Well, I end up getting ahead of him, he changes lanes, and he begins to ride my ***. He was so close that I couldnt even see his headlights anymore. That's 1. I take a exit and he follows. Perfect. I call in to my co-worker who was on beat and told him to position himself should this idiot follow me into my city. My lane splits into 2 lanes and he gets beside me. The driver looks over and says," Hey *****.. lets see what that over priced piece of **** can do." and begins revving his engine. The light turns green and he peels out. That's 2.

Speed limit is 35 and he is doing about 50+. That's 3. The next light turns red and we end up next to each other again. Once again I get the verbal abuse. Driver: "Come on *****. I will smoke your ***." The Passenger: "What a ****ing *****." I turn to them and said," You never know.. there might be cops around." Not sure who said it but I heard " **** the police". The light turns red and he burns out again. That's 4.

My bluetooth goes off and its my partner working beat. I roll up my window and answer my phone. I have him a description of the car and he said he was ready. Light turns green and he sees my partner who has his unit sticking out behind a safeway store and right when he passed my buddy lit his *** up. He pulls over and I pull in behind my buddy and put on my bullet proof vest that was in my trunk.

As my partner backed me up, I went up to the car and identified myself as the police and both of them were in shock. I got his driver license, registration, and insurance. He didn't say anything. I grabbed one of my buddy's cites n hit him up for speeding, exhibition of speed- 2 counts, tinted driver and passenger side windows, and Exhaust. As I filled out the cite I told my buddy to take them out of the car and to tell the driver that his car was getting towed as well.

I went up to the driver and explained to him what I was citing him for and that the Exhibition of Speed was a misdemeanor though we weren't going to arrest him but his car was now mine. He broke down and started to cry!!! Started whimpering and saying " I have finals tomorrow sir! How am I going to get to work?" "Please don't take my car!" The kid was 18 years old and he had to call his dad to pick him up. Needless to say the dad wasn't happy. Tow truck came and took the car. Pretty much he's going to have to pay around 400 bucks to get the car back.

I felt no pity. So lesson is, don't go picking races with people because you never know who you might run into. This kid learned the hard way.

...anyways, i thought it was good for an end of the day laugh

Modified by archangel06 at 4:07 PM 12-17-2009

Old 12-17-09, 08:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

stupid *** kid. He should be thankful that the fine is only 400 dollars to get the car out for that. All in all the father will probably have to end up paying around 1000-1500 dollars to hire a lawyer, pay the fines, and court fees. Plus he will need to be prepared to pay the exorbanant insurance premiums that a ticket like that will accompany . I think the dad would be a real clown if he gave his kid back his 350z after he got fined for that kind of ****
Old 12-17-09, 09:42 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

haha great story. I love ownage
Old 12-17-09, 10:06 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Great story... Hopefully that will teach him next time to think twice before street racing.. Punk azz..
Old 12-17-09, 10:27 PM
lex-phil
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha nice story. kid got owned, hopefully he learns his lesson. Would be interesting to see a "cop in a bmw took my car" thread in a 350z forum.
Old 12-17-09, 10:59 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

haha wow owned.
Old 12-17-09, 11:17 PM
2000LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Old 12-17-09, 11:25 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

He should be happy that all he has to do is get the car back.
Old 12-17-09, 11:38 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool story... My brother's friend does the same thing. He has a fully built 05 Subaru STI. He likes to cruise around with it but never (at least not that I know off) try to pick on racing on the street. He call's his partner(s) too when he sees something like that on the street hehehehe
Old 12-17-09, 11:38 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

wow. what a beautiful story. this story needs to be shared for next 100 years.

that's the greatest happy ending ever.
Old 12-18-09, 12:48 AM
superchan7
Lead Lap

I like how one respondent said the OP was an a$$h0le. That was a bowl of win.
Old 12-18-09, 01:37 AM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I lol'd at the end.

I used to be a bastardly teenage driver. Then I grew up.
Old 12-18-09, 02:21 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exhibition of Speed is pretty bad (not that the kid didn't deserve it), and his fine will certainly NOT be just $400--that's seems to be just his impound cost. Exhibition of speed will certainly put his total fines into the $1K+ range, not to mention his speeding ticket, which is another $300 ish, but his tint/exhaust citations are just fix-its.

He will also need to show up to court, and given how's the judge is feeling, it's possible that he can lose his license for a short period of time.

I'm also pretty sure that exhibition of speed is about the same severity as a reckless driving ticket here in California (since the OP seems to be from the Norcal Bay Area), and are both misdemeanors. A friend of mine was "lucky" to have his DUI (seriously unfortunate, since he had a totally sober passenger who didn't let it be known that he was sober--a fact both the officer/judge took into consideration) brought down to an exhibition of speed.

But I do totally agree and support what happened to the kid. He's probably learned his lesson for good at an earlier age than most (I've still got friends who are moving hazards on the road at 23...)
Old 12-18-09, 02:28 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahahahahahahah, i was hastly driving one time to work(i was late). and a maxda mx-5 is tailing me and i thought nothing of it. at the next light he pulled up right next to me and flashed his badge and told me to slow down, and if i didnt he would call me in. thank god he was in a good mood!!! and trust me i cruised the rest of the way.
Old 12-18-09, 03:49 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

tl;dr

Why and how is a cop able to afford a BMW?

Quick Reply: Cop (335i owner) owns teen 350z driver