Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX Replacement Arrives to Run in Japan's Super GT Series

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-09, 12:12 PM
jaseman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Two
It does, but Super GT already made an exemption for Honda after Honda applied for a special permission for the HSV-10 GT to enter the series without any production plan.
Thanks. Guess that means the sanctioning body wants Honda to participate, even if they don't have a production platform to compete with.

Any idea if Honda is a major series sponsor, or financial backer of some sort?
Old 12-22-09, 12:42 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Two
It does, but Super GT already made an exemption for Honda after Honda applied for a special permission for the HSV-10 GT to enter the series without any production plan.
Not really. Honda found a loophole in rules which does not require a manufacturer to have a car in production in order to enter the series (shocker a I know). Manufacturers only need to have their car approved by some association, I forgot the name, and then they are cleared to race. Honda submitted plans for now canned FR NSX replacement and got approved to race in SuperGT.
Old 12-22-09, 01:27 PM
jaseman
Pole Position

Taken from another website:

Honda has managed to side-step the Super GT rules that require the use of a car based on a production vehicle by presenting the drawings and specs of the car to JAF (Japan Automobile Federation), which sanctions the GT Series. The rules permit cars that are production ready, though not necessarily in production, which is why the NSX and Toyota Supra are still a part of the championship.
Old 12-22-09, 01:28 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bad co
Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I finally have a V8!!!

exactly...meanwhile we get a 120hp or so crz.. Lol

Old 12-22-09, 02:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

god. this car has been killed, brought back, killed, and now set up for racing. The clowns at Honda need to get their **** together
Old 12-22-09, 02:07 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont understand how any of you can look at that picture and say, "Ohhh....ahhhh....so pretty."

The nonexistent, never gonna happen, not even in this ballpark production model would look very different.
Old 12-22-09, 03:21 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

At least Honda put it use rather than completely cancel the project after they spent all the money on it. Maybe they might put it to use later real later in the future.
Old 12-22-09, 09:11 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TLe2006
At least Honda put it use rather than completely cancel the project after they spent all the money on it. Maybe they might put it to use later real later in the future.
Thats like saying "Hey I'm glad Unicorns have horns as they might put them to use one day to stab someone".

Its lame, it is not even using the V-10 powerplant in the NSX mule is people forgot and its simply a loophole.

Old 12-22-09, 09:17 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

you suggest they should destroy everything they developed and waste all the time they spent?
Old 12-22-09, 09:23 PM
LexFather

you suggest they should destroy everything they developed and waste all the time they spent?
They wasted everything they developed. This will not be sold. It is a unicorn. Did you miss the part about it using a DIFFERENT engine? So what development was that? I don't think SH-AWD will be used either. So again, what development?

Yeah its great its going to race under a loophole and it also is a slap in the face to loyal Honda fans who were saying how the next NSX was going to be the next big thing and it was canned and instead we get this.

Old 12-22-09, 09:35 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

They might not use the engine but they're using the body/frame of the car.

Now that they have a v8, maybe they'll put into production later in the future. Even though there are news that they won't. Everyone criticize for not having v8 or selling v8 engine. Now that they have one develop for racing, maybe they'll make it into production.
Old 12-22-09, 10:09 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trexus
You are correct. I believe Honda was going to introduce Acura into the Japanese market but that never happened...
... because they're still working at the whole 'luxury' aspect of the brand?
Old 12-22-09, 10:54 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

They might not use the engine but they're using the body/frame of the car.

Now that they have a v8, maybe they'll put into production later in the future. Even though there are news that they won't. Everyone criticize for not having v8 or selling v8 engine. Now that they have one develop for racing, maybe they'll make it into production.
No they aren't.
Old 12-22-09, 11:24 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

It sounds awesome:

http://www.honda.co.jp/SuperGT/

I lol'ed when I read this on NSX Prime:

I feel like I went to the strip club and saw the most exotic dancer I have ever seen. But when I asked for a lap dance, she said "Sorry, I only dance for JGTC drivers."
Old 12-22-09, 11:31 PM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice!!!

Quick Reply: Acura NSX Replacement Arrives to Run in Japan's Super GT Series