Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Just a question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-09, 02:41 PM
PlatLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a question.

i'll just say I finally registered after reading this forum for a few years (lots of help with my GS), but after reading THIS SECTION of the website in particular, it seems like a lot of the set here are just kids driving 10-15 year old non-lexus cars who 1) can't afford any Lexus, let alone a civic, 2) want everyone to think they've driven every car out there when they haven't, 3) think they are experts on every car out there because of their "imaginary" car and driver/edmunds online "test drives", and finally, when they have a lexus listed in their profile 4) Probably outright lie as to what car they own or were given it for free from their parent.

They then think their 17 year old peon brains can make judgements like "lexus sucks", "I don't like the LS", "the GS is a grandma's car". blah blah blah Give me a freaking break. If you can't afford the car, then close your mouth. Like we care what you think about a car you're still aspiring to afford? You're just all embarrassing yourselves as most people with half a brain can see through your phony internet guise!!

am I the only one who feels this way?
Old 12-24-09, 02:49 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ouch anger much? I don't really notice this too often on here? You get those type of folks every once in a while, but overall they are kept to a minimum here on CL.
Old 12-24-09, 02:59 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

There are a few & they are not the only ones that know who they are
Old 12-24-09, 03:09 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Um,, yeah,, pretty much.

The interesting part about this section of the forum is that it is a place where just about ANYTHING car related can be discussed. Here it really doesn't matter WHAT type of car you are driving as this section is for the purist/enthusiasts at heart. MANY of the members here, while owning a Lexus also sport other types of vehicles for other purposes; be it a Daily driver, second car, winter car, etc. The forums here are an open place for everyone to express their opinions, comments suggestions, etc., however in that of a respectful manner. Remember, these are people's individual opinions, and like parts of the body, every has one be it good or bad. Yes, there is a certain amount of BRAND bashing that does go on here, particularly concerning a car affectionately named "Godzilla", but it is what it is, an opinion. I know for a fact that I am in no financial position to afford HALF of the models discussed here(Aston Martin, Ferrari, Jaguar, Nissan GTR, to name a few) but it doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion on the car just the same, based on the information that I have collected on it. Again, this is the enthusiasts section to dream/drool/admire/cry over, etc. LOl!! Just because someone is not financially stable enough to be able to afford/maintain a Lexus, by no means is grounds to not have them here to learn,discuss, opinionate, and take part in discussion. Yes there are ALOT of kids here in the forums in GENERAL. Alot of them had their cars donated to them, bought for them, or some of them may have worked REALLY hard to buy them themselves. Yes, it can be told thru their post who some of these people are that you mention, but with this being an open forum, you pretty much have to just tolerate it and move on. As long as they are not being disrespectful to other members directly(per the forum rules), is it REALLY that big of an issue. Again, you have to understand that you are dealing with people from all walks of life, different backgrounds, etc here on the forums. I to have opinions of Lexus vehicles such as the LS being considered a Grandpa's car, and the IS being a "boy racer" toy. At a stocky, solid built, 6'1 some of the cars just don't suit MY needs/comfort levels, etc.; doesn't mean that I don't like the car. I just don't like it for ME. These are just MY opinions, but does that mean that I am embarassing myself, here in the forums, by saying so? For the record, no I am not one of those 17 y/o peon's you mentioned, and I do drive a Lexus(photo in signature is my 17 year old LS). In fact, I myself, am WELL into my 30's. Honestly, you do have some valid points, but it isn't as big a deal as you seem to try to be making it.

Last edited by trukn1; 12-24-09 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-24-09, 03:25 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Am I missing something here? I rarely see that kind of attitude in this forum.
Old 12-24-09, 03:28 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As a Moderator, I see this attitude come from only a handful of people, not the representative members of these Forums in general.

I believe that most frequent members of ClubLexus are aware of certain individuals that have nothing positive to say. Therefore, it's best not to feed these trolls...
Old 12-24-09, 03:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

We are not just a bunch of immature kids on this forum. Nor, most of the time, do we just give idle opinions for the sake of idle talk (though, often, we have geniune disagreements). A number of us.....including me, 1SICKLEX, IS-SV, bitkahuna, lobuxracer, Threxx, Trexus, PhilipMSPT, GS3Tek, and others have been driving, discussing, and evaluating cars and/or motorcycles for many years. Some of us have actually worked in the auto buisness for a living.

If you think we are immature on THIS car forum, just compare it with a number of others.
Old 12-24-09, 04:08 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PlatLex
i'll just say I finally registered after reading this forum for a few years (lots of help with my GS), but after reading THIS SECTION of the website in particular, it seems like a lot of the set here are just kids driving 10-15 year old non-lexus cars who 1) can't afford any Lexus, let alone a civic, 2) want everyone to think they've driven every car out there when they haven't, 3) think they are experts on every car out there because of their "imaginary" car and driver/edmunds online "test drives", and finally, when they have a lexus listed in their profile 4) Probably outright lie as to what car they own or were given it for free from their parent.

They then think their 17 year old peon brains can make judgements like "lexus sucks", "I don't like the LS", "the GS is a grandma's car". blah blah blah Give me a freaking break. If you can't afford the car, then close your mouth. Like we care what you think about a car you're still aspiring to afford? You're just all embarrassing yourselves as most people with half a brain can see through your phony internet guise!!

First, you could still make your point without insulting our members, please knock off the name calling.

Second, welcome to CL

Third, you took all that time to make that post and missed the largest one of all, everyone talking about how great the GT-R is on a Lexus forum but no one ever buys one
Old 12-24-09, 04:29 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 12-24-09, 06:57 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by PlatLex

Every internet has those people. To be honest we don't have a huge problem with it. Our moderator team is very resourceful. I find car chat to be pretty damn good. As Phil said we are aware of our "handful"" but its not too bad.

Old 12-24-09, 07:07 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

You will find kids on any forum like this. I still think of the many forums I am members to , CL car chat is the best place to talk about cars. Frankly I find most of the members intelligent and informative .......even when we disagree