Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

$7 Thousand worth of vandalism damage...pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-09, 02:48 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by tromly
Sorry to hear about your loss, guess it spoiled Christmas for you. At least you have USAA, the best company in the world, good luck with the Murano !!
I agree......I hope Christmas wasn't ruined for you in spite of this. The good news is that USAA and GEICO are usually both way up there on the satisfaction scale, as far as dealing with insurance companies.

Let us know how it goes with the new(er) Murano. I hope my previous posts on financing, in the other thread, were helpful to you.
Old 12-31-09, 03:01 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Faymester
I take issue with your insinuation that well off children become worthless people but I choose not to get into war with you.
Devil's advocate:

Nothing wrong with sharing your wealth with your chirrens. I think what AceVA was saying is that this appears to be a case of spoiled/coddled kids who have never had to apologize when they've done something wrong because mommy and daddy make up for it. I don't take you to be that based on what I've read here, so clearly he's not referring to you. I know a few who are spoiled/coddled, and this is certainly something I would expect of them, but I also know many who are "raised right" and while their parents were well off, the children learned right from wrong and understood that their place in life was determined by their actions, not their money. I'm sure you feel the same way.

OP: look at the bright side (?) Murano sooner rather than later, and perhaps you can take advantage of year end clear outs
Yep! Time to be positive. Hopefully them totaling it out has made you whole, and you can enjoy a newer vehicle without much trouble.

Oh, and I agree with the idea that if they are caught, they should get their asses whooped - publicly. No excuse for even breaking the window, much less the rest of this ridiculousness. Rotten figpluckers...

Big Mack
Old 12-31-09, 03:28 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys for all of the kind words! We just purchased the 06 Murano..Black on Black leather SL trim. I ended up putting 10k down and will be financing 12k. Not too bad I think. The wife LOVES the new ride. She had been wanting one for a very long time. Christmas this year was great. We really didn't let the car thing get us down too much. It just added a little more stress to the picture with the car shopping. It was kind of exciting because it was our first car purchase. We have been married for a year.

And yes, I still want to beat whoever did it to the Xterra! I liked that car!
Old 12-31-09, 03:29 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I agree......I hope Christmas wasn't ruined for you in spite of this. The good news is that USAA and GEICO are usually both way up there on the satisfaction scale, as far as dealing with insurance companies.

Let us know how it goes with the new(er) Murano. I hope my previous posts on financing, in the other thread, were helpful to you.

Yep, I tried to follow your advice! I will post up pics and my taste for the Murano once I have driven it a bit!
Old 12-31-09, 04:19 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Sorry to hear about your damage.. Nobody has any care anymore about ones property.. I think we've all had something happen like this to us and feel your pain and sour stomach.. There will always be stupid people out there with the mentality of a peanut and we just have to accept that unfortunately
Old 12-31-09, 09:43 PM
AMAlex
Pole Position

Sorry to hear that, but hopefully everything will turn out well in the end. I guess you can never be too certain on the kind of people living around that neighborhood...
Old 12-31-09, 11:25 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

this is very unfortunate! whoever did this- karma will get them, and get them good. sorry for all the pain and suffering endured, but with the new year comes a new beginning. best of luck finding your next vehicle my friend! happy 2010!!
Old 12-31-09, 11:42 PM
AceVA
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take issue with your insinuation that well off children become worthless people but I choose not to get into war with you.
Spoiled is not strictly a financial reference.... spoiled is defined as:

to impair, damage, or harm the character or nature of (someone) by unwise treatment, excessive indulgence, etc.: to spoil a child by pampering him.
I made no reference to class or wealth - you read into that what you chose, but my apologies nonetheless if you took offense. I was referring to personal responsibility, discipline and the value of hard work.... all things that are inarguably not instilled in our youth to the degree that they once were. That is something that *I* take issue with. Perhaps that's for another topic.

Pirate - congrats on the Murano and I admire your spirit. I can't say I would have moved along so swiftly - kudos to you and good luck with the new car!
Old 01-01-10, 12:00 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Where I come from, "coddled, spolied children unfamiliar with consequence" would be the last ones to do something like this. Not sure what things are like in Virginia but here those "coddled, spoiled children" drive Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes and wouldn't give a second thought to someone's XTerra sitting outside a fenced lot.

However, this is not worth having a discussion about class and responsibility, as someone's personal property was heavily damaged. I hope the Murano works out for you, Pirate
The rich kids I knew in college ( mostly guys with excellent grades )were the ones out doing stuff like this and stealing. But your right its really not worth discussing. There are bad apples no matter how much your parents make or dont make
Old 01-01-10, 12:03 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Very sad, hopefully karma gets them back 10 fold.
Old 01-01-10, 09:10 AM
lamar411
Pole Position

Karma will get them, post up pics of the new Murano!
Old 01-02-10, 03:19 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about the car. I had a car stolen and things stolen from it so this does strike a nerve with me. Car thieves IMHO should be shot.

All this has nothing to do with spoiled kids or whatever. I bet 99% is drugged out people. People on drugs always cheat, steal, and do anything for money or even just kicks. These are other people that should be shot as I lost a lot of money from people stealing things from me because of drugs.