Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Why Are (Many) Nissan Drivers So Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-02, 11:42 PM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I'm sure some Boxter owners offered a trade on your Nissna
beside boxster owners my friend's friend also want to trade his acura NSX-T for a nissan

what do you got a 300zxTT?
i got 2 nissans, bcnr33 v-spec & bnr32..my brother also had 2 nissans.. bcnr33 & bnr32.. my company has a bone stock bcnr33 v-spec which is the one i drive now...

you won't be smoking any 911TTs in any Nissan
you joking right?? go check out this guy website http://www.exvitermini.com looks like all his nissans would smoke 911TT.. i smoke a e46 M3 a while ago in my company's bone stock nissan 911TT will be my next target when my other nissan is out of the shop..

Last edited by splitfire; 05-17-02 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-17-02, 12:46 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see the other company car in the back over there What happened to it? I saw a spare tire on it a while ago.

When are you going to replace it with the E or GS?
Old 05-17-02, 12:56 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

When are you going to replace it with the E or GS?
i'm selling the es now so as soon someone bought it I'm going to get a bigger sadan.. i'm pretty sure it will be a GS and i'm already looking for parts to build up another company toy
Old 05-17-02, 01:33 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

your company is having too much great time

looking for part time employees? (delivery preferred )
Old 05-17-02, 10:59 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

didn't know you had a Skyline as for any other Nissan, I seriously doubt it.... thought you were being a typical 300zx owner

oh; and the owner of exvitermini is also running much larger turbos than you will be i'm sure; along with a Motec and custom head-cooling system for major rpms and major boost...

thats cool that you and everyone you know has GTRs, now as for the rest of the normal world; we don't have that...

you might be able to beat a stock 911TT; which is no small feat in itself; but there IS an aftermarket for 911TTs too... i've heard of several running 10s on the stock turbos

and you don't have to act all JDM n **** to be cool around here We know what a BCNR32 V-spec is and what a BNR32 is; you can be a normal human being and call them a "Skyline GTR V-spec" or a R32 Skyline GTR... writing out car names with their full chassis code is lame imo...

you don't see me talking about my JZZ30 or FC3S, or my friends JZA80 or MA70

Last edited by Bean; 05-17-02 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-17-02, 02:43 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Bean

and you don't have to act all JDM n **** to be cool around here We know what a BCNR32 V-spec is and what a BNR32 is; you can be a normal human being and call them a "Skyline GTR V-spec" or a R32 Skyline GTR... writing out car names with their full chassis code is lame imo...

you don't see me talking about my JZZ30 or FC3S, or my friends JZA80 or MA70
I find it easier to tell what cars people have by seeing the whole chassis code.

If someone says "I have a S13 Silvia." Well, which one? Silvia coupe? Silvia hatch? 180sx or 240sx? turbo or NA? Which package version? 1.8 liter CA18DET or 2.0 liter SR20DET? All of that can be answered by a simple RPS13.

Of course people here in US only gets "PS13" and "S14". Sad.
Old 05-19-02, 01:35 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

The only old Nissan I would like to get is an old, OLD S30 Z, bored to 3.1 liter, tri-turbo, 620bhp top speed over 190mph
I saw one at a car show somewhere else..
Attached Thumbnails Why Are (Many) Nissan Drivers So Bad?-dsc00320.jpg  
Old 05-19-02, 01:36 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

rear..
Attached Thumbnails Why Are (Many) Nissan Drivers So Bad?-dsc00322.jpg  
Old 05-19-02, 01:39 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

i saw part of the video at the show.. this car is super fast!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Why Are (Many) Nissan Drivers So Bad?-dsc00319.jpg  
Old 05-19-02, 01:52 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

oh; and the owner of exvitermini is also running much larger turbos than you will be i'm sure
LOL

you might be able to beat a stock 911TT; which is no small feat in itself; but there IS an aftermarket for 911TTs too... i've heard of several running 10s on the stock turbos
do you have any idea how MUCH aftermarket parts cost for 911TT ?? Actually I had a chance to get the 911TT last year but I decide to get a nissan instead. I was only 22 and I don't think i can afford to fixed up a Porsche.. a 55K retail car with about 35K in mod I'm sure it will be better than 911TT and it is cheaper too...

writing out car names with their full chassis code is lame imo...
lol..well.. my Japanese title read BCNR33.. it doesn't say Skyline anywhere...when i put in request for part at nissan they wanted me to write BNCR33.. sure it is lame

Last edited by splitfire; 05-19-02 at 01:53 AM.
Old 05-19-02, 02:08 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by splitfire
i saw part of the video at the show.. this car is super fast!!!!!
Yeah I read in a mag long time ago that they were making a real-life movie version or Wangan Midnight. Saw few small pics of the Z you posted. Looks great. Blue needs to be darker

Had a chance to play new W.Midnight R at Infinity last night, with the S30-A Devil's Z. Pulls away from R34 M-Spec like the GT-R was standing still! :eek:

Hey I think GT-R modded to the max can beat 911TT modded to the max...... but of course GT-R has no max yet so who knows
Old 08-05-04, 12:11 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why Are (Many) Nissan Drivers So Bad?

Bigoted you are! Lets see Im both a lexus and a nissan driver (SC300 and 240sx respectively)

And I have to disagree with you entirely. In all the car events I been too, Nissan cars seem to outnumber lexus drivers by what seems like 10 to 1.

I have seen 2 lexuses attend at the events, one of them being one I own. I seen many, many nissans at this events, mostly 240sx... which I will admit are my friends, (local car club www.az240sx.org). To quite a few 350z, ussually about 2-4 350z per event, I even seen a 300zx TT, granted he was a newbie driver, And of course i seen a few nissan sentra SE-r. I havent seen maximas or altimas as of yet...

The lexus I have seen compete is my own sc300... and a IS300, thats it.

Random information.. the 2 fastest cars on my club is powered by a sr20det he has run a best of 11.8 seconds. The most powerful 240 in our club has dynoed at 543 rwhp with a KA-T setup. (T66 Turbo) 240sx there have anything from rb25det, rb20det, ka-t, a ca18det and off course the sr20det guys, and even a chevy 350. And someone is working on swapping a ford 302 into his 240, its a very diverse group of 240s..
Old 08-05-04, 06:38 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

okay, here is the opinion.

many non-toyota-lexus drivers say that lexus is just a rebadged toyota. I don't care I love toyotas (i.e. MKIV supra MR2 comes to mind)

many toyota-lexus drivers say that BMW's suck. My friend with a 02 bmw 323i has not had a single thing go wrong. Yes he's got 75k miles on it. No rattles, nothing. Expensive to maintain? maybe but the m-series freaking rock.

i love them nissans, 300zx-tt comes to mind also the datsuns.... love them things

I can go on forever but I won't because every car company has their strengths and weakness.

When a vehicle becomes affordable and it comes with nice power package, the median age of drivers for that vehicle segment drops, younger guys with powerful cars..... not a great combination.

I see many early year model lexus SC coupes that drive like a monkey behind the wheel of a ATV on a dirt track. you see what i mean?

Splitfire: I'd trade both my SC and the RX + cash for a test drive on your R33 for a month lol j/k
Old 08-05-04, 10:06 AM
thisguy_06
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Funny that this is brought up so quickly...well my friend drives like an @sshole in his Pathfinder and also in his mom's Maxima, and i mean he's a true A-hole with it. Well the other day, he was being such a horrible driver that he flipped his truck and now it's totalled, i wished i had my camera there at the spot because i was in the car with him when he flipped him....oh well, the world may never know why this is, but the maxima does haul plenty of @ss.
Old 08-05-04, 10:47 AM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

I find Acura drivers more annoying than Nissan drivers (Teg, TL, CL, heck even MDX!)
See the sig ...

Acura drivers - especially those in the new TL either think that it's about to break (which it probably is) and take off slower than I could pull a wagon (right in front of people) - or they whip it around in traffic like it's a beater ... which ... well *ahem*

Anyway - every car regardless of make has its bad drivers; I'd like to think I'm not one.

M.

Quick Reply: Why Are (Many) Nissan Drivers So Bad?