Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: C300 vs G37 sedan vs ES350?
C300
22.99%
G37 sedan
70.11%
ES350
10.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

C300 vs G37 sedan vs ES350

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-10, 10:57 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 123 Likes on 48 Posts

OR a GS-F FTW! thats if you can wait
Old 01-10-10, 10:58 PM
04Caddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

G37 ftw!!!
Old 01-10-10, 11:04 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not include the 335i or TSX V-6 over the ES for sporty small 4doors? i mean really... ES? my 63 y/o mother even laughed at it when we picked up our ISF.
Old 01-10-10, 11:37 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I dont think you can use reliability against the C class as an argument against it, maybe for it this time.
Old 01-10-10, 11:42 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by malujerry
why not include the 335i or TSX V-6 over the ES for sporty small 4doors? i mean really... ES? my 63 y/o mother even laughed at it when we picked up our ISF.
Cool another indian (i'm indian as well)

Man I liked your wedding video. Made me happy for you and depressed at the same time (because I wonder if I'll ever see the day to experience something like that!). Good for you man.
Old 01-10-10, 11:48 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by malujerry
ES? my 63 y/o mother even laughed at it when we picked up our ISF.

lol, that is so messed up
Old 01-11-10, 05:46 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

The G37 looks cheap inside and out. Someone in my neighborhood has a red G37x and honestly I think the Acura TSX looks more like a luxury car

Try the BMW 328i, Mercedes C300, IS350, and Audi A4. All four are real luxury sport sedans and beautiful inside and out. Also if you go German: lease don't buy! Now out of the 3 German cars I listed the big A4 might be best for you, but FYI the A4 only has 211hp...
Old 01-11-10, 07:08 AM
Pitman
Rookie

Originally Posted by (Cj)
The G37 looks cheap inside and out. Someone in my neighborhood has a red G37x and honestly I think the Acura TSX looks more like a luxury car

Try the BMW 328i, Mercedes C300, IS350, and Audi A4. All four are real luxury sport sedans and beautiful inside and out. Also if you go German: lease don't buy! Now out of the 3 German cars I listed the big A4 might be best for you, but FYI the A4 only has 211hp...
[Unbiased]

I highly disagree that the G37 is "cheap" inside & out. Have you sat in 3-Series lately, interior is the definition of blah. Personally, and I put emphasis on personally, both the 328i & A4 are overpriced, and underpowered. I borrowed a friend's C300 for a day, and half way through I missed my G. As for the IS350, I like the car from a distance, but as far as ownership, I wouldn't buy. Overall the G37 is the biggest bang for your buck.

[Unbiased]
Old 01-11-10, 07:16 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Pitman
[Unbiased]

I highly disagree that the G37 is "cheap" inside & out. Have you sat in 3-Series lately, interior is the definition of blah. Personally, and I put emphasis on personally, both the 328i & A4 are overpriced, and underpowered. I borrowed a friend's C300 for a day, and half way through I missed my G. As for the IS350, I like the car from a distance, but as far as ownership, I wouldn't buy. Overall the G37 is the biggest bang for your buck.

[Unbiased]
It's definitely a personal thing, but in my opinion the G's exterior design doesn't even look like a luxury car. It looks like a RWD Nissan, which in fact it is a RWD Nissan in other parts of the world. To me the G doesn't look the part of a luxury sedan on the outside, and on the inside, it looks ok, but you can get the same interior in the larger Nissan Maxima
Old 01-11-10, 07:18 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

C300 Sport out of the bunch.
Old 01-11-10, 01:22 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

The IS350 is barely faster than the G37 and if you test drive both back to back, G37 obviously handles better. You won't get a 5'8" adult in the back comfortably in the IS350...not enough leg room. The G37 is considerably bigger in the back. I would get the G37 due to reliability and bang for the buck.
Old 01-11-10, 02:24 PM
soakgame
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by (Cj)
It's definitely a personal thing, but in my opinion the G's exterior design doesn't even look like a luxury car. It looks like a RWD Nissan, which in fact it is a RWD Nissan in other parts of the world. To me the G doesn't look the part of a luxury sedan on the outside, and on the inside, it looks ok, but you can get the same interior in the larger Nissan Maxima
i respect your opinion.. but if you ever drive a G sedan (07 and up) i bet you will change your mind.. it's one of the funnest cars i've driven
Old 01-11-10, 02:33 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by soakgame
i respect your opinion.. but if you ever drive a G sedan (07 and up) i bet you will change your mind.. it's one of the funnest cars i've driven
I have driven a G, and IMO fun to drive doesn't = luxury car. The Corvette is fun to drive too, but no one would ever consider it a premium car. The G lacks the luxury feel and look and that's my beef with it. It's a fine sports sedan, but I would never put it in the same league as the A4, IS, C class, and BMW 3 series.
Old 01-11-10, 02:41 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by lxslvr2500
Well guys...in a few months from now, the lease on my IS250 will be up and sadly I will have to part with it . It's been a reliable car though, not much fun but very reliable haha. In case if you guys are wondering, im still part of lexus family cuz my mom drives a GX. Anyways, I was car researching and narrowed down my choices to the above mentioned. I decided that this time around, I'm going to PURCHASE, so I want to make the best choice. I would really appreciate if you guys can comment/opinion on the cars listed above and give me advice. My requirements:

1) Looks/Design...What car you guys think is good looking from exterior design perspective? Interior counts too, but not as much since they're all luxury cars so they should have nice interiors

2) Value/Long Run Satisfaction...what car you guys think is the best bang for the buck? Which car will keep a smile on my face years from now?

3) Performance/Space? 2 different categories, but they're equally important. Which car has good performance in terms of acceleration and handling? I also need a car that can fit 4 adults COMFORTABLY. I don't want to suffer in the back seat when my parents are in the front. Me and my brother are 5'9 and 5'8 respectively.

Sorry for the very long explanation...please help a brother out!!! Please comment and give your opinions. Thanks in advance
Here are my rankings based on your needs and wants, not what people are suggesting based on what they want.

1. Looks Exterior
1. C350 sport
2. ES 350
3. G37
If the C class is not a sport, then the ES is the best looking car here to me. I find a C class sport to be fantastic looking with great proportions. The ES is a very good looking car and hides its FWD proportions well. The G37 never looked good to me, like a more bulbous GS.

Interiors
1. ES 350
2. G37
3. C350
The ES has a much larger interior, nice fit and finish and I love the gauges. It feels like a mini LS inside. The G37 has good ergonomics and a nice highly placed NAV but it still feels a grade down and you can see the shifter vibrate. I find it flows well to the eye and space is pretty good. The C class interior uses harder plastics and seems like the worst place to be. Its not bad but the interior is not a strong point. Its also snug compared to the other two.

2. Value/long run
Well the ES will still feel new in 5 years compared to the other two. In the long run, its the best car here. Value wise, nothing touches the G37. 7 speed auto, 328hp, good size, features for a very good price and lease deals are even more attractive. It will likely be 2nd in reliability here. The C class isn't the strongest value proposition but its all relative. Some thing its a bargain. To me compared to the ES/G37, its by far third in this ranking.

3. Performance/space
The G37 is by far the performer here and the most entertaining car. Next is the C class which can feel pretty fun with its smaller dimensions. The ES is by far the floater of the bunch. The ES is pretty quick but not a car you will want to take on canyon runs. To me the G37 mixes performance/space/at a great price.

I touched space before but rankings are ES, G37, C.

I don't usually like recommending other vehicles, but the new Maxima might be what you want. Big like an ES, fantastic styling, interior from an Infiniti, tons of features, fast and handles well. Just a thought.

Old 01-11-10, 03:04 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Save up for the new M56 if you're going Infiniti. =D

Quick Reply: C300 vs G37 sedan vs ES350