Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mitsubishi planning for hybrid EVO XI

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-10, 07:39 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo XI - New and Future Cars
If there is to be another Evo, it will probably have some sort of hybrid option, which is an infinitely better scenario than having no Evo at all.
By Sam Mitani / Photo-Illustration by Best Car
June 14, 2010

With the launch of the Outlander Sport compact crossover as well as the electric i-MiEV, it seems Mitsubishi Motors is intent on adopting a green image. Word from Japan is that the company is slowly scrapping its sporty-car program in favor of more economical products.
The company’s in-house tuner, Ralliart, has been all but shut down, while plans for the next-generation Lancer Evolution have allegedly been put on hold. However, an inside source tells us that death reports of the next-generation Evo are premature. He informed us that there are still a few people within Mitsubishi who don’t want to see the company’s image car go away, and that development is underway on a plug-in hybrid version of the high-performance sports sedan.
“This way, it will conform to the company’s overall strategic plan of building fuel-efficient cars,” he says. “Yet it will have all the performance that the current Lancer Evo possesses.”
Although nothing is set in stone, it seems that at this point if there is to be another Evo, it will probably have some sort of hybrid option, which is an infinitely better scenario than having no Evo at all. And from what we’ve been told, the new car won’t be a slouch at the test track, either.
Attached Thumbnails Mitsubishi planning for hybrid EVO XI-fc_mitsubishi-lancer-evo-xi_span.jpg  
Old 07-12-10, 07:51 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love an electric boost.
Old 07-12-10, 08:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

how can anyone say no to better mpgs and a solid boost in torque off the line