Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Juke (Reviewed)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-10, 01:27 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

I won't even comment on how ugly it is, but the rims are what I find most interesting. With such a wild body and out of the box styling, they ended up throwing on very common and ordinary alloys- ones you could find on many SUV's and cars today (new Tucson, ES350, etc).
Old 06-01-10, 06:25 PM
proximal
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good for Nissan for taking a chance with this. Too many other companies are obsessed with brand identity and making all their cars look the same. I hope this does well to encourage more adventurous design.
Old 06-02-10, 11:11 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
This the kind of ugly that attracts your attention and you cant look away because you cant believe its that damn ugly.
LOL, I am sold on its uglyness.

If I am in the market for a sub-compact SUV this is it. The red looks much attractive than the silver in contrast. Actually, the Nissna Juke is just "different looking" and it's far from being "ugly". "Ugly" is reserved for car makers like Acura (most models), BMW (most modele), etc.
Old 06-02-10, 11:33 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a brand Nissan has real personality up and down its line-up. 370Z, GT-R, Murano, Maxima, Cube and now Juke. Some may think they're not pretty but they sure aren't boring. Add the Leaf and the next Quest and it's a pretty exciting line.
Old 06-02-10, 12:33 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by speedflex
As a brand Nissan has real personality up and down its line-up. 370Z, GT-R, Murano, Maxima, Cube and now Juke. Some may think they're not pretty but they sure aren't boring. Add the Leaf and the next Quest and it's a pretty exciting line.
Agreed. It sure is far more interesting than Toyota/Honda right now.