Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda Crosstour vs. Toyota Venza

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-10, 09:36 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall

While the Venza will probably sell more as its competition to the Subaru Outback (which clearly outsells it) becomes more widely-known, I still think it would do even better (and some Toyota salespeople are also saying this) if it came with, say, 17" wheels standard and the 19 or 20-inchers were an option instead.
I really don't see the Venza and Outback being cross-shopped typically, a better example of vehicle cross-shopped is the Ford Edge (which I will actually cross-shop too).

In 2009 Venza sold 54K units, Outback 56K units, decent numbers for both. I think a smaller wheel option would generate insignificant sales and would look ugly.
Old 01-21-10, 11:03 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a cryin' shame that the best looking vehicle in Honda's lineup is a mini van!
Old 01-31-10, 12:29 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Although it is true that many Europeans are smaller physically than typical Americans, with 7 of them in a vehicle and a 2.0L four, that vehicle will probably barely move. That's like the old VW Microbus back in the 60's with the small, air-cooled beetle engine...a vehicle that took all day to get rolling.

Time, of course, will tell, but my guess is that the Crosstour's styling will turn off more shoppers than the TSX Sportwagon's. The key is, though.....not many people are going to Acura shops nowadays, so the TSX Sportwagon might have some trouble getting publicity.
Then I have no idea why anyone would buy a Premacy then cause I can't imagine a poor 2.0 litre engine carrying 7 people. It does ok with 5 in the Mazda3.

I guess. I sat in the Crosstour at the auto show today. Still not sold on the styling but I must say, the interior is quite spacious and comfortable. In fact, I now like this more than the ZDX (Previously, I said I liked the ZDX mostly b/c of its looks and frankly, I was sorely disappointed at the ZDX displayed at the show. The leather dashboard felt cheap, the vinyl that's covering the centre console lid wrinkled. If this is Acura's flagship vehicle, I would be embarrassed. I think the RL has a MUCH better interior (fit/finish and materials)