Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Model year 2011 M3 COMPETITION MODEL (ZCP package) confirmed

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-10, 11:29 AM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Model year 2011 M3 COMPETITION MODEL (ZCP package) confirmed

per Bimmerpost.com

It has been confirmed that there will indeed be an M3 Competition Package (ZCP) available for the 2011 M3!

While exact details of the ZCP Competition Package are not yet available, if the E46 M3 Competition model is any indication, there will be both performance and cosmetic enhancements. The E46 M3 competition package included tweaks to the car's handling via a tuned suspension, a more direct steering ratio, larger wheels, CSL brakes, larger rotors, and high performance tires.

Cosmetic enhancements included alcantara fabric throughout the interior and a alcantara steering wheel and handbrake. A new exclusive color, Interlagos Blue, was also introduced with the ZCP Competition Package.

What upgrades the new M3 Competition Package will include remains to be seen, but it's safe to say we'll many similar enhancements from the E46 M3 ZCP.
source: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342742
Old 01-20-10, 12:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very interesting, would love to see how much extra they will get on this generation
Old 01-20-10, 05:35 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I love the E46 with ZCP package. Still my favorite M3 so far. Can't wait to see what they are going to do with E92 ZCP.
Old 01-28-10, 12:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default BMW M3 Competition package: closest thing to an M3 CSL

Ever since the E92 BMW M3 was first revealed at the 2007 Frankfurt Auto Show, true BMW enthusiasts have been intrigued but still longing for the CSL to make its return. Standing for Coupe, Sport, Lightweight, those three letters name the purest driver and most track-focused cars BMW has to offer.
The last BMW M3 CSL was built in a limited run of just 1,400 cars between 2002 and 2004--such tiny numbers make it an exclusive offering, and only the most dedicated opt for the extra expense and somewhat harsher and noisier ride characteristics of the car.
Since then we’ve only seen a number of racing packages like the M3 GTS and M3 GT4 but their exorbitant price tags--rising into the hundreds of thousands--and race track exclusivity put them out of league for most mere mortals. And the M3 Edition model (pictured) only offered a number of trim and aesthetic updates.
Still, while we may never see a CSL version of the latest M3, EVO is reporting that there’s at least one other hardcore M3 in the works and this one is probably the closest thing to a modern-day CSL that BMW will offer for the current generation M3.
The new upgrade will be called the M3 Competition Package and is expected to make its world debut at March’s 2010 Geneva Motor Show before going on sale in Europe that same month--no word yet on a U.S. launch but stay tuned.
Some of the modifications reportedly include a 10 mm reduction in ride height, more aggressive electronic damper control and a new stability control system.
Unfortunately, no power mods are planned for the M3’s high-revving 4.0-liter V-8, which means output will remain fixed at 414 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque. And, with no reduction in weight, the M3 Competition Package will likely accelerate to 60 mph from rest in the same 4.8 seconds that it takes the standard M3.
Attached Thumbnails Model year 2011 M3 COMPETITION MODEL (ZCP package) confirmed-bmw-m3-edition-models-002_100201322_l.jpg  
Old 01-28-10, 12:35 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wasn't something like this posted a while back?

If it's anything like the E46 Competition Package was then it's not that big of a deal IMO...
Old 01-28-10, 01:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

The old posts were about an orange M3 GT car or something like that. This is a bit different
Old 01-28-10, 01:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The old posts were about an orange M3 GT car or something like that. This is a bit different
if you actually do a search before posting, you would see that there is a thread about this competition series already from last week.

appreciate all the posts, but please try to post them together in similar threads
Old 01-28-10, 08:46 PM
LexFather

Unfortunately, no power mods are planned for the M3’s high-revving 4.0-liter V-8, which means output will remain fixed at 414 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque. And, with no reduction in weight, the M3 Competition Package will likely accelerate to 60 mph from rest in the same 4.8 seconds that it takes the standard M3.
Well whomever wrote the title to the article needs to do some research. How on earth can it be a CSL and the two major components are not done
1. Less weight (300lbs or so less)
2. More power (360 vs 333)

This is a competition package, nothing close to the CSL.

Old 01-28-10, 09:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
if you actually do a search before posting, you would see that there is a thread about this competition series already from last week.

appreciate all the posts, but please try to post them together in similar threads
I posted it from autoblog and the articles post date was today so I figured I was current. I am just trying to keep the forum alive and fresh.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Well whomever wrote the title to the article needs to do some research. How on earth can it be a CSL and the two major components are not done
1. Less weight (300lbs or so less)
2. More power (360 vs 333)

This is a competition package, nothing close to the CSL.

Talk to the author of the article from autoblog. BTW it says closest thing to a CSL not its a CSL

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...o-a-modern-csl

I would type the authors name but its way to complicated to spell

Last edited by I8ABMR; 01-28-10 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-28-10, 11:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I posted it from autoblog and the articles post date was today so I figured I was current. I am just trying to keep the forum alive and fresh.

Talk to the author of the article from autoblog. BTW it says closest thing to a CSL not its a CSL

don't get me wrong, we definitely appreciate all the new posts, please keep them coming
Old 01-28-10, 11:32 PM
LexFather

My post was in no way directed towards you. Again, please post the link to your threads and where you got the news from. This does eliminate confusion from the source or O.P and it gives credit to who started the article. As Henry stated the info is appreciated.

Old 01-29-10, 12:46 AM
Wassa786
Driver

CSL was only sold in Europe. They make you sign a waiver saying if you drive this car in the rain, you will likely die.
Old 01-29-10, 01:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
don't get me wrong, we definitely appreciate all the new posts, please keep them coming
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
My post was in no way directed towards you. Again, please post the link to your threads and where you got the news from. This does eliminate confusion from the source or O.P and it gives credit to who started the article. As Henry stated the info is appreciated.
will do. Thanks guys
Old 01-29-10, 02:07 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wassa786
CSL was only sold in Europe. They make you sign a waiver saying if you drive this car in the rain, you will likely die.
Well that's because the car came with Michelin Pilot Sport Cups.
Old 01-29-10, 04:20 PM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

Here's the confirmed competition package details:

* Electronic Damping Control with new Sport mode mapping
* 19” wheels (style 359M) with performance tires
* Lowered M suspension
* Modified DSC mapping

Disappointing.

Quick Reply: Model year 2011 M3 COMPETITION MODEL (ZCP package) confirmed