Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Automobile Comparison - 2010 S63 AMG vs. 2010 Panamera Turbo vs. 2010 760Li

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-10 | 07:22 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

funny you guys saying this about the S class. i seem to remember (maybe not from you two O.G.'s ) a LOT of negativity toward the current gen s class when it came out.

i've been a huge fan from day one of it.

and i've heard a thousand times how its interior stole from the 7 series which is a joke if you actually sit in both and sweat the exquisite details of the s class. the instruments, lighting, and trim work are EXCELLENT and beautiful.
Old 01-24-10 | 10:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
funny you guys saying this about the S class. i seem to remember (maybe not from you two O.G.'s ) a LOT of negativity toward the current gen s class when it came out.

i've been a huge fan from day one of it.

and i've heard a thousand times how its interior stole from the 7 series which is a joke if you actually sit in both and sweat the exquisite details of the s class. the instruments, lighting, and trim work are EXCELLENT and beautiful.
i still have a lot of issues about those wheel arcs and the rear. but no doubt it has a lot of presence, been thinking that since day 1 plus i think the facelift improves quite a bit
Old 01-24-10 | 11:19 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
i still have a lot of issues about those wheel arcs and the rear. but no doubt it has a lot of presence, been thinking that since day 1 plus i think the facelift improves quite a bit
I think it does have a lot of presence, perhaps too much presence, and those wheel arches and general bling bling appearance make it kind of tacky. I loved the W140 and really liked W220, they were elegant and classy, but not this.
Old 01-25-10 | 04:35 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Och
I think it does have a lot of presence, perhaps too much presence, and those wheel arches and general bling bling appearance make it kind of tacky. I loved the W140 and really liked W220, they were elegant and classy, but not this.
i dont think it's too bling bling/tacky. man it's the evolution of automotive design. we can't live in the past forever... W140 and W220 were nice for their time... The wheel arches give it a real distinction
Old 01-25-10 | 06:17 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
i dont think it's too bling bling/tacky. man it's the evolution of automotive design. we can't live in the past forever... W140 and W220 were nice for their time... The wheel arches give it a real distinction
Well, its just my opinion, I have no love for the current S class. Clearly other people are loving this "in your face" styling, since it is the top selling flagship sedan.

I personally think that the current A8 is the best styled flagship, it looks modern and aggressive, yet very elegant. But then its sales numbers are pathetic, so I guess its too conservative for most people.
Old 01-25-10 | 08:05 AM
Pitman
Rookie

Holy Smokes that Panamera moves . Overall best package goes to the S63. Can't lose in the 760Li either.
Old 01-25-10 | 09:20 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
bit, Henry hit it here. I still am not in love with it but it is a very imposing car and I like it for that.
Old 01-25-10 | 09:26 AM
GS3Tek

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I only picked the S class (from this comaparo) since I can't stand the panamera's *** and the new 7 nostrils and rear brake lights, but I still don't go goo goo ga ga over the new S
Old 01-25-10 | 09:29 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I only picked the S class (from this comaparo) since I can't stand the panamera's *** and the new 7 nostrils and rear brake lights, but I still don't go goo goo ga ga over the new S
You like high butts to big butts?
Old 01-25-10 | 10:04 AM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

when it comes to flagships, benz does it right. There's gotta be a reason why time and time again the S-class pwns.
Old 01-25-10 | 10:07 AM
GS3Tek

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
You like high butts to big butts?
high butts = S class
sagging butts= panamera?

I guess so since I don't like droopage

you guys can thank sicklex for opening this can of worm

and this is why I hate the new 7 taillights.............warning, graphic picture below
(edit, yes it's a 730d not a 760 but taillights are still the same.just a quick googling for smaller pictures)

I tried to pick the least offensive muffin top
Attached Thumbnails Automobile Comparison - 2010 S63 AMG vs. 2010 Panamera Turbo vs. 2010 760Li-muffin-top.jpg  
Old 01-25-10 | 10:12 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

high butts = S class
sagging butts= panamera?

and this is why I hate the new 7 taillights.............warning, graphic picture below
(edit, yes it's a 730d not a 760 but taillights are still the same.just a quick googling for smaller pictures)

I'd still hit that, lol
Old 01-25-10 | 10:12 AM
LexFather

Lol!!! That is hilarious.
Old 01-25-10 | 11:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

high butts = S class
sagging butts= panamera?

dude! i was drinking water when i saw this post... choked myself bad man
Old 01-25-10 | 11:15 AM
RXSF

loved the wheel arches and the rear of the S from day one. its a little better after the refresh after they removed the color matched strips on the brake lights. Generally, MB out does themselves with exterior designs. Most of their sedans, coupes, and cabs have real presence.

Quick Reply: Automobile Comparison - 2010 S63 AMG vs. 2010 Panamera Turbo vs. 2010 760Li