Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Double Standard

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-10, 09:41 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Again, I don’t think there are double standards, the fact remain that the Lexus issue kill a number of people and the BMW's FP issue haven’t. However, I do see a double standard if we compare the BMW FP problem to the Audi coil pack problem from 10 years ago. Both problem cause the car to go into limp mode, but the Audi's problem get much more media exposure.
I'm getting tired of beating the dead horse. The so called Lexus issue can happen to any car. Unfortunately the well publicized accident caused by this issue combined with lack of basic driving skills happened in a Lexus. Toyota did address it by recalling a lot of vehicles. Has any other manufacturer?

As far as HPFP failure in BMW, it is a far more common problem than Toyoyas acceleration problem, and far more dangerous as well. Is BMW going to wait until somebody gets killed in an accident before they address the issue?
Old 01-26-10, 11:26 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
I'm getting tired of beating the dead horse. The so called Lexus issue can happen to any car. Unfortunately the well publicized accident caused by this issue combined with lack of basic driving skills happened in a Lexus. Toyota did address it by recalling a lot of vehicles. Has any other manufacturer?

As far as HPFP failure in BMW, it is a far more common problem than Toyoyas acceleration problem, and far more dangerous as well. Is BMW going to wait until somebody gets killed in an accident before they address the issue?
I think you are the one that is beating the dead horse here. Yes the sudden acceleration can happen to any car, but the latest Lexus incidents are being investigated by the government and that is what we are discussing here.
Did you know the driver of that Lexus ES with the sudden acceleration was a State Trooper, he probably had more driver's training than you and I both, so I don’t think he lacks basic driving skill. How is the BMW problem more dangerous when one issue slows the car down and the other one speed the car out of control at full throttle.
Old 01-26-10, 07:00 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Och

This is more than lack of basic driving skills:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...the-water.html