Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Diddy Buys Son $360,000 Maybach for 16th Birthday

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-10, 01:01 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

On the bright side, this is Maybach's first sale in the last year.
Old 01-26-10, 01:05 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
As stated the kid also got a 10,000 check which is promply donated the full value of to the Haiti relief fund. So to question someone's full parenting skills based on the most extravagant piece of an article serves no purposes. Yes Diddy bought his kid a Maybach = shock value. The rest of the post was irrelavent and unncessary with regards to parenting.

keeping 360,000 car giving 10k check to disaster struck country with 200,000 dead.... really commendable... /sarcasm

If he was really a giver he would said no dad I wnat you to sell that car and lets donate the full amount.
Old 01-26-10, 01:07 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Change the name of the person in the story to Buffett or Gates and would you have bothered posting it? Why do you care what Diddy buys to have his son chauffered around in?

What do you know about this kid other than a gift he received for his birthday to comment on parenting skills?

Here's the title of my next thread

KID RECEIVED $10,000 FOR HIS BIRTHDAY AND DONATES ENTIRE AMOUNT TO HAITI.

Which thread do you think reflects more on how this kid was raised?

Oh please. 10,000 for him is NOTHING. Not Diddy. Yes his son. When your father is worth half a billion dollars you know you can give away 10k and it won't affect him at all. Stop blowing his 10 grand donation out of proportion.
Old 01-26-10, 01:09 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by G Star
1. I agree a maybach is a bit much for a 16 year old, even if his dad is filthy rich.

2. Since the Diddy's son's party was filmed for MTV, Diddy had to make this party and glitz and glam, getting his son the Maybach was cherry on top to show America he's got money, to let all the kids know what's up.

3. P Diddy will most likely use it for himself and share it with the family etc..etc..

4. If I had the money, I would get my kid something extravagant too, he'd have to earn it under my conditions and be at least 18 but if he very well deserved it, why not?

5. In the end, this was all a big PR stunt and it worked because it got you guys all riled up and talking about it.

Okkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy

those are all YOUR ASSUMPTIONS
Old 01-26-10, 01:10 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Milla...
Yes he will be chauffeured its part of the deal. Daddy Diddy also gave him a birthday check for 10k and the kid was reported to have immediately donated the full amount to Wyclef's Haiti relief fund.
nice kid. I am sure people dont buy Maybachs for their kids to roll in. It will probably have a driver. A 16 year old probably wants a Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo etc if he was driving himself
Old 01-26-10, 01:30 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO
Oh please. 10,000 for him is NOTHING. Not Diddy. Yes his son. When your father is worth half a billion dollars you know you can give away 10k and it won't affect him at all. Stop blowing his 10 grand donation out of proportion.

Thanks for all your valuable insight, this thread would be nothing without your contribution.

Now we know Diddy's full worth.
His emotional state after donathing $10,000
Three different ways to type ten thousand

See, that's sarcasm.....

You want to continue on your tangent or do you want to back to the article and cut and paste any part of it that alludes to bad parenting?

RICH KIDS GET RICH GIFTS - get over it.

If the kid ditches the driver next week, takes the car out and wraps it around a pole, then we can talk bad parenting.

In the meantime, you're upset with Diddy over the size of his contribution here you go: www.badboyonline.com
Old 01-26-10, 01:58 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO

Who here would sell the Maybach and donate the money?

enter cricket sounds

thats what i thought.

10K is still going to help a lot of money
Old 01-26-10, 02:02 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Thanks for all your valuable insight, this thread would be nothing without your contribution.

See, that's sarcasm.....

lol man your a riot!
Old 01-26-10, 02:16 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Insightful thread, no way.
Old 01-26-10, 03:19 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Andy
If I was 16 and had the choice of any car, the last one I'd want would be a Maybach. He's 16 not 61. It's hardly going to give you any street cred with your mates.
The idea that teen-agers (and their mates) can't appreciate a nice luxury car is B.S. When I was in high school, I liked both big luxury cars AND the classic American muscle-cars of the era.....I owned samples of both. I was also generally a careful driver (though not perfect), dispelling the myth that teens also tend to be reckless.
Old 01-26-10, 03:48 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what is this, TMZ?

car chat = tabloid and gossip
Old 01-26-10, 03:50 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blah blah blah

KID RECEIVED $10,000 FOR HIS BIRTHDAY AND DONATES ENTIRE AMOUNT TO HAITI.

blah blah blah
That couldn't possibly have been a publicity stunt.
Old 01-26-10, 05:53 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

See, that's sarcasm.....

You want to continue on your tangent or do you want to back to the article and cut and paste any part of it that alludes to bad parenting?

RICH KIDS GET RICH GIFTS - get over it.

If the kid ditches the driver next week, takes the car out and wraps it around a pole, then we can talk bad parenting.

In the meantime, you're upset with Diddy over the size of his contribution here you go: www.badboyonline.com

See now that's where you got it twisted, when did I ever say anything about bad parenting? Seems like you're the one getting overly defensive about this issue.

My posts were soley aimed at you making like this kid is such a philanthropist when he only donated 10 grand of which he got for free. And 10 grand is nothing to him nor diddy.

Would you commend me for giving 5 bucks to Haiti? Because thats what 10 grand is equivalent to Diddy's family's fortune.

I don't care about the issue enough to be upset over Diddy's son's donation. Just addressing the "16 yr old gives 10 grand to Haiti Relief" comment which is laughable.
Old 01-26-10, 05:54 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

man i just remembered my mom took me to chucky cheese for my 16th birthday...
Old 01-26-10, 05:57 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
Who here would sell the Maybach and donate the money?

enter cricket sounds

thats what i thought.

10K is still going to help a lot of money

Stupid comment. Of course people who cannot even afford a $360,000 car won't ever think about doing such thing. But this is a 500 million dollar man we are talking about here. Selling a Maybach and donating it to Haiti will have insignificant affect on his wealth just like it did when he purchased it.

And not even 500 million dollar man diddy nor his son would sell that car without hesitation thats why it would be commendable if they did. But they didn't. Instead they just donated a measley 10 grand.

Quick Reply: Diddy Buys Son $360,000 Maybach for 16th Birthday