Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Diddy Buys Son $360,000 Maybach for 16th Birthday

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-10, 05:58 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LIMS407
man i just remembered my mom took me to chucky cheese for my 16th birthday...

You went to Chucky cheese for your 16th birthday? We're you the bigggest dork loser in your 10th grade class?
Old 01-26-10, 05:59 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AdrianXT
That couldn't possibly have been a publicity stunt.

Exactly,

and you got the smartass clowns who think its such an act of philanthropy
Old 01-26-10, 06:12 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cherplex
OP I don't see a reason for the thumbs down and the negativity,it seems you simply don't like the situation because a 16 year old gets a 6 figure car. I'll go out on a limb and say you have a problem with wealthy <insert something> people.
I don't think its a problem with the wealthy. It would be perfectly acceptable if were given an expensive with 150 HP. We read about 16,17,18 year olds driving very powerful vehicles and wrecking them, killing themselves in the process, as well as others. And then we all say, "no no, parents should have never let them have this car." And then there is this thread.
Old 01-26-10, 06:22 PM
LexFather

Guys debate the topic and not make personal remarks towards one another.

Old 01-26-10, 06:30 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

300hp, 150hp, 0.5hp...any dumb kid can wreck the car regardless of how much power it has. I don't really see a problem with this kid getting a Maybach, especially since he WON'T be driving it so wrecking the car isn't a concern.
Old 01-26-10, 08:46 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO
You went to Chucky cheese for your 16th birthday? We're you the bigggest dork loser in your 10th grade class?
hahaha hopefully i wasnt that bad in high school actually my mother rented the whole place for few hours for my party...we were there like 40-50 deep just partyin....still remember one of the worker tried sell us some weed
Old 01-26-10, 09:23 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^haha, some funny posts here...

i can't believe the haters on here... so many guys on CL who will say something similar as "to each his own" when a poser puts waste-of-money-2001-fast-and-furious part on a car but tries to make some kind generalized life lesson on a rare one in a million moment... (i am not trying to single out anyone, just the general vibe sometimes)

my 2 cents, life is too short - flaunt if you got it - and i can't hate on someone who did what i would have done also if i was p. diddy, puff daddy, puffy son, or whatever they go by.
Old 01-26-10, 10:21 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KA8
Good for him although it won't be good for him in the long run. USUALLY People who get their way early don't end up very happy later in life.
lol...lets just ask how all these trust fund babies are doing right now
Old 01-27-10, 04:53 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by malujerry
my 2 cents, life is too short - flaunt if you got it - and i can't hate on someone who did what i would have done also if i was p. diddy, puff daddy, puffy son, or whatever they go by.
Well, WHY is life too short? Sometimes it's because of EXACTLY that..........too many people blow too much money early in life (or for unnecessary things), and then don't have enough left for later on.
Old 01-27-10, 04:58 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, WHY is life too short? Sometimes it's because of EXACTLY that..........too many people blow too much money early in life (or for unnecessary things), and then don't have enough left for later on.
Likewise, many did nothing but save and never enjoyed the trips or things they wanted or would have enjoyed when they were younger.

There is a line between saving smartly and enjoying life, you’re not taking the money with you when you die.

Life is very short, it goes by very quick and you do not know when you will die.
Old 01-27-10, 05:12 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by J.P.
Likewise, many did nothing but save and never enjoyed the trips or things they wanted or would have enjoyed when they were younger.

There is a line between saving smartly and enjoying life, you’re not taking the money with you when you die.

Life is very short, it goes by very quick and you do not know when you will die.
Well, OK, if you have the money and can afford it, I guess there are worse ways to die than driving a Maybach.
Old 01-27-10, 05:22 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO
Exactly,

and you got the smartass clowns who think its such an act of philanthropy
It may be nothing to Diddy, or his son, but believe me, it means more than you could possibly imagine to the million or so homeless Haitians. Many, many people are donating $5 here, $10 there, wishing it could be more.
Old 01-27-10, 05:27 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Don't know if you know P. Diddy. I don't know him personally, however, I do know he is a very savvy, very smart business man. It's unlikely he'll go broke like Mike Tyson or MC Hammer.
Old 01-27-10, 06:16 AM
AMAlex
Pole Position

*sigh*

This thread is funny as hell. Personally I don't give a damn what PD does with his money and his kid.

As for me though, I would rather drive than be chauffered everywhere. I hate it when I have to sit in the passenger seat or the back seat of a car, I would much rather be in the drivers seat, and quite frankly, if I was PD's son I would've asked him for something else and it probably would've been cheaper.
Old 01-27-10, 06:33 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This just in...... Puffy is going to buy this thread, roll it up & give it to his son to use as toilet paper.

Quick Reply: Diddy Buys Son $360,000 Maybach for 16th Birthday