Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Make an ad for LEXUS -

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-10, 03:53 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Make an ad for LEXUS -

Actions speak louder. Nothing ever gets done by simply talking about it. It takes people with a vision, and, more importantly, the courage to take action even if it defies convention.

In the luxury automotive world, Lexus engineers have taken action where others have not. While many luxury brands are still lost in the discussion of possibilities in the future of the automobile, Lexus has taken real action to get there: pioneering luxury hybrid technology, producing four distinct hybrids [RX 400h, GS 450h, LS 600h L, HS 250h].

The ‘h’ badging on the back of these cars is a signature tie for all the hybrids in the Lexus lineup. The ‘h’ also represents Lexus’ belief that technology can make anything possible. To better put into perspective what creative thinking and innovative technology can achieve in just five years, consider this: when Lexus built its first hybrid in 2004, YouTube did not exist, your status did not need to be updated, more people had landlines than cell phones, and Wi Fi was hard to find.

Your Assignment:

Help us brand the Lexus ‘h’ by shedding light on great achievements. There are two ways to approach your VCAM:

a. Find a creative way to visualize Lexus’ “action speaks louder” philosophy behind the commitment to developing hybrids (‘h’) as outlined above.

b. Profile a person or organization that, just like Lexus, put creative thinking and innovative technology into action, breaking through barriers to achieve something great and unexpected. Demonstrate the alignment between Lexus’ philosophy and your subject.

Requirements:

• Your VCAM should start with a sentence relating ‘h’ to your subject: ‘h’ is _____________” (e.g. “h is building a better mousetrap”) You do not have to use the Lexus ‘h’ icon.

• Incorporate the Lexus endtag below at the end of your VCAM.

• 60 second maximum (including endtag). Remember, longer is not necessarily better.

• Showing a Lexus Hybrid vehicle is not required.

• If your VCAM is selected by Lexus, you will be paid $2500, as outlined in the VCAM Submission terms (see link below for more details).

• All VCAMs must be uploaded through the upload button on the upper-right side of this page (you have to log into Current.com and join the VCAM assignment to see it).

• Upload deadline: Monday, February 1st at 12pm (noon) Pacific Time.

More information:

http://current.com/lexus
Old 01-26-10, 05:15 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I want to do this but i just found out and its such a short notice.
Old 01-26-10, 06:14 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

I guess we should pass on mentioning anything in the ad with reference to accelerator pedal's though huh? Sorry couldn't resist.
Old 01-26-10, 08:04 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I would love to see what people come up with, but sadly I am not creative enough to make one
Old 01-26-10, 11:12 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dang, i REALLY REALLY want to do this, especially since we have a Rxh. I dont have the equipment right now though.
Old 01-27-10, 06:43 AM
AMAlex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
I would love to see what people come up with, but sadly I am not creative enough to make one
Same here haha. I just won't be able to come up with something really ad worthy.