Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Car & Driver's Take on Lexus ( Has Lexus lost its way merge)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-10, 12:31 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
No one knows what a Toyota Century is except those in Japan. Toyota is known for the LS, not for the Century. The Century is extremely old and it is irrelevant.
I simply pointed out a fact that the Toyota Century was the most expensive Toyota to date up until the LF-A...now its irrelevant?

TYou then find another thread to discredit anything Lexus does and give credit to anyone else for simple things. You give credit for I-drive but not for hybrids? As a matter of fact, since the LS, GS, GX, ES, RX 350, HS, IS,
I am disgusted with what you just wrote. Let's be clear, I never said the GS or RXh suck. I actually said the GS performance was good and I also said the RXh should replace the RX350 altogether. The RX hybrid is good enough that to replace the gas counterpart which is not really needed. All RX owner could be driving a RX hybrid right now....And Lexus doesn't even need to market it...

As for GX, my comments are that it is too small inside and and materials appear to have gone down a bit. I don't have much issue with the HS other than that is really is rebadge, but I can live with that.

You discredit the man that visited the Toyota plants and came back with positive remarks.
The guy is coming out with a book on Toyota. Of course he will praise Toyota right now, he wants his book to sell well.

At this point not sure what more you can share with us since you find Lexus and Toyota pretty unappealing.
I have not much problem with the IS, LX, FJ, 4runner, Highlander, Taco...I often speak highly of the Land Cruiser and Avalon. I also highly praise anything Lexus from 2000-2005...

Last time I checked, things are not all well and peachy at Toyota/Lexus.....They have lost money the last few years, have recall problems, they excess capacity, Toyota has never been more criticized for it lack of quality (especially in the interior) and they now have a money losing super-car.....

There is nothing wrong with me asking questions about whether Toyota/Lexus is Moving Forward

Last edited by pagemaster; 02-08-10 at 12:35 PM.