Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Saw my first GT-R today

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-10, 07:16 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bad co
I see plenty of them here in the chi almost as often as I see 911's. A fail that I have noticed is G35's with Gt-R body kits

That is b/c the G35 is the new Civic. I have seen one in person too and it actually fooled me. I pointed and said to my lady "look, a GT-RrrrrrWTF" and it was a G35 as it passed.

So beyond lame.

Pics don't do it justice. I love it.

Old 02-02-10, 08:53 PM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Well I might be a GT-R fanboi but I love it to this day. It does not get old to me. I've seen PLENTY at meets, shows and dealerships.

It is futuristic, masculine, aggressive, different and original and aerodynamic.

HEre is the one bitkahuna talked about at the LFA event we went to. THe guy was VERY cool, let us sit in it and talked to us for a long time.

It was by far the best looking GT-R I have ever seen!!

So did you get a ride in the GT-R? If you haven't got a ride in a GT-R yet you should really try to find a local guy to give you a ride, I'm pretty sure you will like the car even more...

Some guy with a newer modded GS stop by my work yesterday I give him quick ride in my car.. I took him to some back road where there was no car I got on it a little and he didn't have much to say after the ride.. and my car was completly stock
Old 02-02-10, 08:57 PM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I agree with others that seeing it in the street, it is too big and bulky to really stand out and be noticed by regular, non-car enthusiasts (regular people). Combined with a lack of a distinctive exhaust note, that is the big reason why this car is not noticed.

Are you sure about that? Do you have any proof?
Yes I'm sure about that, what kind of proof do you want to see? hahaha
Old 02-02-10, 09:02 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by splitfire
Yes I'm sure about that, what kind of proof do you want to see? hahaha
So when sticking only to normal street driving, you're telling me a GT-R is cheaper to maintain than a Cayenne, Cayman, Boxster, or a regular 911?

I find it hard to believe. Yes, I would like to see proof, as in hard numbers, not just personal observation or anecdotal evidence based on what you've heard.
Old 02-02-10, 09:34 PM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
So when sticking only to normal street driving, you're telling me a GT-R is cheaper to maintain than a Cayenne, Cayman, Boxster, or a regular 911?

I find it hard to believe. Yes, I would like to see proof, as in hard numbers, not just personal observation or anecdotal evidence based on what you've heard.
Well.. i don't have much to proof beside from my personal experiance, having 3 Porsches in past 8 years c2 to TT to GT they are nothing but money pit.. try call Porsche dealer for parts and service quote you will see it yourself how OVERPRICE Porsche PARTS and maintance.

My GTR had about $2000 spend in service/maintance so far for about 20k miles which I think it is more than reasonable for a car with this level of performance. If you think 2k is too much to spend for maintance on a car that blow the door off Porsche and Ferrari I don't know what else to tell ya...

Old 02-02-10, 10:07 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

That pic of the GTR next to the Porsche is sic...it makes the Porsche look dated
Old 02-02-10, 11:45 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

I'll take the Porsche instead, you guys can have the G35 uh I mean GTR.
Old 02-03-10, 12:07 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by flipside909
I'll take the Porsche instead, you guys can have the G35 uh I mean GTR.
+1, agreed .
Old 02-03-10, 01:09 AM
madoka
Pole Position

Well.. i don't have much to proof beside from my personal experiance, having 3 Porsches in past 8 years c2 to TT to GT they are nothing but money pit.. try call Porsche dealer for parts and service quote you will see it yourself how OVERPRICE Porsche PARTS and maintance.
Well, here's a list of cars you've claimed to own or have owned (let me know if I missed any )

- 911 C2
- 911 Turbo
- 911 GT3
- R32 GT-R
- R33 GT-R
- R34 GT-R
- R35 GT-R
- Three different Supra TTs
- LS430 Ultra
- MB S500
- MB S550
- BMW 330i
- 3 different S2000s
- Evo 8
- Camry XLE
- MB E55
- SC 430
- Four different SC 300s
- SC400
- GMC Typhon
- Scion Xb
- GS300

So I guess I'm left wondering where you find the time to drive any one car enough to know the maintence costs.
Old 02-03-10, 07:35 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

My GTR had about $2000 spend in service/maintance so far for about 20k miles which I think it is more than reasonable for a car with this level of performance. If you think 2k is too much to spend for maintance on a car that blow the door off Porsche and Ferrari I don't know what else to tell ya...

I'd say that's pretty convincing evidence, myself... I'm just sayin.
Old 02-03-10, 07:37 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Why the frak does it matter how many you see? It's about the car. If that weren't the case then RXs and ES350s would be junk.
Old 02-03-10, 07:51 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 747 Likes on 517 Posts

So...why are you selling it then?

http://www.rbwheels.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=2468
Old 02-03-10, 08:33 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

I'm picking up a new SUV soon need to let go some toys. My neighbor have wrote #s of complant I got cars park on the street last thing I want to do is throw the GTR on street and park the SUV inside... GTR is still fastest and best handling STOCK car I ever own PERIOD
Old 02-03-10, 08:48 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 747 Likes on 517 Posts

I say get rid of the Porsche
Old 02-03-10, 08:56 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw couple GT-R one year (Jan 2009) ago in H.K. and few more couple months ago in Tokyo. I have not seen it in the States yet.

The car looks amazing in person.

BTW, I'll take the 911 Turbo too then trade it for a GT-R and some cash.