Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Prices on All-New 2011 M

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-10, 08:11 AM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joe80
those lease deals on GS seems bit high. my buddy is paying $640 a month for GS350. i think he put down little less than 4 grand.
Exactly. Hiking up prices obviously
Old 04-15-10, 08:13 AM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
How about defending their lease deals over and over is childish?

I have a novel idea, how about price the car appropriately?

The car is brand new, Infiniti themselves said it is debuting with low lease rates and even BMW can't touch their lease terms.

Lower the MSRP, why have a high MSRP just to knock thousands off immediately??? The car isn't even a month old. If they priced the car lower than the competition they could ADVERTISE THAT instead of advertising thousands off sticker. That would be a more effective sales tactic.

The value has eroded, its gone and they seem to use the same sales tactics at Eddie's used cars and it leaves a feeling of blah and not luxury.

You are stuck on the lease terms and as shown this brand new car has low rates already. What about the MSRP being cut by thousands already?

Price the car appropriately.

I honestly wish this car the best of luck but the pricing and immediate discounts TELL US the car is priced to high.
Find me a great discount in LA and I will buy a loaded m56. Thanks
Old 04-15-10, 08:21 AM
LexFather

There is a multi-quote feature to the lower right side (has the + in it) so you can quote multiple people in one post.

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
Find me a great discount in LA and I will buy a loaded m56. Thanks
I'm sure there is if you tried.

http://assets3.dealertrend.com/media...pdf?1270755770

This dealer hasn't even updated their site with the new models

http://www.infinitiom.com/

Old 04-15-10, 08:44 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

So they're calling the EX35 a sedan?
Old 04-15-10, 09:01 AM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speedflex
The marketing seems to focus on craftsmanship and luxury which is valid but maybe not what is expected, given the car's performance aspirations. I think it will do well but not take a significant bite out of E-class and 5-Series sales.

I think Infiniti missed the boat on the styling given the promise of the Essence show car. As it is it just seems too compromised. But you've said it before, 1SICKLEX, this is the penalty of basing your luxury car on a JDM product. This car is still sold as a Nissan back home and it has too appeal to the more conservative Japanese customer there. If only Infiniti could be freed of that then maybe the styling could have been more daring.

Lexus is conservative too, and it does well everywhere. BMW is now more conservative than any other brands. Audi was never crazy either except the bold grill. you get the idea.

I think being conservative is not an issue. having a wrong curves in every wrong places, and just being not 'attractive' is an issue. there is no elegance in Infiniti. Infiniti took a step back IMO.

Last edited by joe80; 04-15-10 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-15-10, 09:06 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Lexus is conservative too, and it does well everywhere. BMW is now more conservative than any other brands. Audi was never crazy either except the bold grill. you get the idea.

I think being conservative is not an issue. having a wrong curves in every wrong places, and just being not 'attractive' is an issue. there is no elegance in Infiniti. Infiniti took a step back IMO.

Well, I'm not one to call the M ugly or unattractive. Just that they didn't go far enough with the styling themes they were playing with.
Old 04-15-10, 11:36 AM
madmax2k1
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The M looks the best in that Miller Infiniti Ad; must be a photo-chop
Old 04-15-10, 01:57 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I drove the M56 and thought the car was stunning. Looked fresh and stylish. To each his own, but if I was looking for a new sedan today I would seriously consider the M.
Old 04-15-10, 02:04 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

those lease deals on GS seems bit high. my buddy is paying $640 a month for GS350. i think he put down little less than 4 grand.
Apples to apples. I listed OFFICIAL lease deals from the Lexus USA website, and compared them to OFFICIAL listed deals on the Infiniti USA website.

It's irrelevant trying to compare local deals here, where discounts can vary from market to market or dealer to dealer. I have taken those variables out of this discussion by strictly comparing officially listed lease rates from the websites of both brands.

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
To be fair, here is a current add for Lexus with legible fine print. Someone can post BMW, Merc, Audi for comparison purposes also.
No, that's not fair. I specifically compared only the official listed lease rates from each automaker listed on their websites.

I did not list or compare local lease deals, which can differ and vary.

Originally Posted by speedflex
I think it's too early to tell one way or the other with the M. The car has literally been on sale for less than 1 month. We have one, maybe two, ads from Infiniti dealers with this "deal" so is this a corporate rate or one only from this particular dealer who may be competing with other dealers in the area. That said, we're still in a slow economy and even cars in this range need to be made attractive to buyers so perhaps dealers are being aggressive about getting the cars on the street. That does happen with new car intros.

But I think it's way premature to say that this is any proof of failure. When a trend starts to develop then there can be some meaning debate on this.
Yes, the car has been on sale for less than a month, and the OFFICIAL listed lease deals on the Infiniti USA website are already lower than most of the competition's official listed lease deals on their websites.

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
I dont know where you got those numbers from but here's what I got from typing Lexus Lease Deals on google

LEXUS GS - $559/mo $2999 due at signing 36 months.

http://www.pohankalexuschantilly.com/MiscPage_5
Ever heard of www.lexus.com? Give me a break .

Let me make this CLEAR ONE MORE time: the lease deals I listed were OFFICIAL deals from the Lexus USA website and the Infiniti USA website. NO numbers from any local or specific dealers were listed.
Old 04-15-10, 02:42 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I drove the M56 and thought the car was stunning. Looked fresh and stylish. To each his own, but if I was looking for a new sedan today I would seriously consider the M.
What did you think about the A/C and the blind spot option?

Someone suggested getting a CTS-V at this price and I never even thought of that. I would get the CTS-V over this in a heartbeat.

Old 05-07-10, 11:55 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Judging by the reviews and comments here, I think I am the only person who feels this way but I have to say that I LOVE the new M. I have seen a few of them around town now - white, black, gray- and I think this car is stunning in person. All of them had the sport package so I haven't seen a standard car at this point but I think they did a fantastic job.

The front, which looks sot of garish and SUV-esque in photos, looks a lot better in person- meaner and more imposing, IMO. The curves and organic shapes also look much better when you see the car face to face and those wheels are gorgeous too. When looking directly at the rear end of the car, it's a bit bland and I wish they had done something more "Infiniti-esque" but it's not bad when the lights are turned on and you can see the detailing.

This morning when rolling into work I noticed a brand new black/black M56S. Turns out one of my coworkers traded his problematic XF S/C for the car and really loves it. We went out at lunch and sat in the car and that interior is truly best in class, IMO. Better than the new E and any other competitor that I've seen. IMO, this is basically an LS/7/S grade interior in a GS/5/E priced car.

Props to Infiniti
Old 05-07-10, 01:41 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Now there's a novel and "unbiased and unbashing" vote of confidence from a Lexus owner!

Well done my man... Well done.

From what I have read, it surely offers a "solid and refreshing alternative" to the market segment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBLR9otmp7o

"This car is the future." as quoted by the tester.

Actual OWNERS seem to be quite pleased as well: http://www.infinitiusa.com/m/awards-...owner.reviews#

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 05-07-10 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-07-10, 01:42 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Oh....... And a "deal" in this economy is welcomed. And smart.
Old 05-07-10, 01:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Judging by the reviews and comments here, I think I am the only person who feels this way but I have to say that I LOVE the new M. I have seen a few of them around town now - white, black, gray- and I think this car is stunning in person. All of them had the sport package so I haven't seen a standard car at this point but I think they did a fantastic job.

The front, which looks sot of garish and SUV-esque in photos, looks a lot better in person- meaner and more imposing, IMO. The curves and organic shapes also look much better when you see the car face to face and those wheels are gorgeous too. When looking directly at the rear end of the car, it's a bit bland and I wish they had done something more "Infiniti-esque" but it's not bad when the lights are turned on and you can see the detailing.

This morning when rolling into work I noticed a brand new black/black M56S. Turns out one of my coworkers traded his problematic XF S/C for the car and really loves it. We went out at lunch and sat in the car and that interior is truly best in class, IMO. Better than the new E and any other competitor that I've seen. IMO, this is basically an LS/7/S grade interior in a GS/5/E priced car.

Props to Infiniti
Having driven it and also seen a few around town I much prefer the last model and I never thought I'd say that. The new one is a total "meh" to me from an exterior standpoint. Interior is not LS level to me but it is nice. What I find is Nissan/Infiniti interiors are usually behind the competition so when they step it up some its a big deal to some people but really its just what everyone else has been doing for sometime.

Nice car but with all the yapping about Essence this and that I was expecting a lot more in person.

Old 05-07-10, 02:37 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Nice car but with all the yapping about Essence this and that I was expecting a lot more in person.

I really don't remember a lot of Essence talk in reference to the M except that Infiniti said that all future Infinitis would have styling cues from the Essence concept. Most people were excited because they wanted the Essence produced as the Essence, not as the new M. They still do as a matter of fact.

I still need to see an M in person but it seems on par with anything else in this segment except the Jag XF, which is beyond anything from BMW, MB, Lexus or Infiniti right now from a styling point of view.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Prices on All-New 2011 M