Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Prices on All-New 2011 M

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-10, 05:55 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

I clicked this thread expecting to see a BMW LOL
Old 03-16-10, 06:00 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
lol me too....

Old 03-16-10, 06:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
lol me too....

that's what i thought too when i saw it in the 3gs forum... moved right the way

if anything i like the interior more, it's pretty nice. exterior, i am just ok about it
Old 03-16-10, 06:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

I honestly thought I was going to see the new M5 reading the thread title...merged....

hilarious picture and caption, rofl
Old 03-16-10, 06:33 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Old 03-16-10, 09:59 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was shocked to see the FX50 start around the same price and it is not selling.
yup, i would have bought the fx50 if it wasn't for the price. at $58k i'd rather take the v6 cayenne.
Old 03-16-10, 10:57 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

M56 (name) reminds me too much of QX56 cause of the 56... M looks like a newer bigger G37. doesn't M55 sound better than M56, just my opinion.... G37 sounds weird also btw...
Old 03-16-10, 11:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
M56 (name) reminds me too much of QX56 cause of the 56... M looks like a newer bigger G37. doesn't M55 sound better than M56, just my opinion.... G37 sounds weird also btw...
hehhee, that would be epic coz' first they try to confuse people with the real "m", and then with 55, they confuse people with amg's as well
Old 03-17-10, 02:16 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Och
Haha the roflcopter is here woot
Old 03-17-10, 04:51 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
hehhee, that would be epic coz' first they try to confuse people with the real "m", and then with 55, they confuse people with amg's as well
yeah forgot about the whole "E55" thing...
Old 03-17-10, 05:23 AM
kg19989
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just not sure I could pay that for an M. IMHO Infiniti has missed the boat the past few years with their styling as well as their go to market strategy.
Old 03-20-10, 01:42 PM
ktiger
Pole Position

Drove the 2wd M37 this morning. It was black but in direct sunlight it actually looked purple. The car look much better in person IMHO and the interior is nicely done. It stickered for a little more than $52k. The ride was smooth and the cabin is very roomy. The seats are more comfortable than my M45S but the pick up is less pronounced than the M45. Don't get me wrong the engine is powerful but the off the line power is better in my car. The sales person really urged me to drive the vechicle hard on the twisty roads behind the dealership in Baton Rouge, LA and I did. Car felt planted to the road even though it wasn't the sport model. I was really disappointed with the door handle and the fake looking aluminum piece that surrounded it. It looked and felt cheap, totally out of place in this car but everything else looked top notched. The wood grain was beautiful while the nav screen wasn't affected by the sun light like the current model. There are sensors all over the interior for "quality of air" control which was a pleasant surprise and the Bose system sounded better (this was not the 5.1 system). The car looks and felt bigger than my M45S but handled just as well.

The salesman said that they will receive 4 M37s and 4 M56s next week and will call me to come drive the M56 when it arrive. All in all this look like a winner for Infiniti but I'm not quite sure the M56 will sell well at $65k on the sticker and $72k loaded. That's the sticker prices that will be on the M56s according to the salesman.
Old 03-20-10, 03:19 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

The local dealer just received an M56. It is pretty much fully loaded with the Technology Package and Touring Package. Sticker was $65K. The car was white with a light (stone?) interior. I thought it looked great in person and the interior is a match for any of the other luxury cars in this price range. I had read some early tests that implied that the acceleration was "soft". It certainly was not soft on the one I drove. It is not loud nor does it spin the wheels like the late '60's muscle cars, but it is very fast. By the end of the freeway on-ramp we were nearing 100mph with the acceleration still strong. This car did not have the sport package, so the ride was very nice and very quiet. I'm 6'2" and had plenty of room. I could even sit in the rear with the front seat all the way back so this is a large car. Size wise, it is more like the short wheelbase LS460 than the GS.

I commented about the price and the sales guy showed me an invoice for a "stripped" M56 which is about $58K. In this case, "stripped" is pretty well equipped including NAV which is standard on the M.

The wood in the tester I drove was their new high end stuff that is rubbed with silver powder. I prefer the standard wood trim, but my wife was really taken with the silvered stuff.

The current GS certainly isn't competitive with the new M. The M is larger, rides better, handles better, and has a nicer interior. Lexus better hurry the new GS, with a new E class out, a new 5 series coming, and now the new M, this class is getting crowded.

Steve
Old 03-20-10, 06:02 PM
ktiger
Pole Position

I'm with you oldcajun, the M has brought it's "A" game to the class. I'm not cheering the M just because I own one for many on club lexus know that I also own two Lexus'. The interior is a real winner and as with all vehicles styling is subjective but I like very much. The black car that I drove actually looked purple, go figure. The salesman said that Infiniti added some red-ish flakes to the paint. Up close in direct sunlight you can actually see the flakes. I too am 6'-2" and had no trouble in the front or rear seat. I can't wait to drive the M56.

In Baton Rouge the Infiniti and Lexus dealers are next door neighbors and I tripped to Price Leblanc after driving the M to sit in the LS460 for comparison. I must admit unlike the past the M held its own. Now before anyone get in an uproar and have a tizzy fit I am not saying that the M is in the LS class but simply comparing the interiors due to the fact that the GS is much older. Nevertheless I must admit IMHO they are not that far apart.
Old 03-20-10, 06:05 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

lol me too....

off topic, but if the new M5 looks anything like that, I am there.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Prices on All-New 2011 M