Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Prices on All-New 2011 M

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-10, 07:57 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by ktiger
Drove the 2wd M37 this morning. It was black but in direct sunlight it actually looked purple. The car look much better in person IMHO and the interior is nicely done. It stickered for a little more than $52k. The ride was smooth and the cabin is very roomy. The seats are more comfortable than my M45S but the pick up is less pronounced than the M45. Don't get me wrong the engine is powerful but the off the line power is better in my car. The sales person really urged me to drive the vechicle hard on the twisty roads behind the dealership in Baton Rouge, LA and I did. Car felt planted to the road even though it wasn't the sport model. I was really disappointed with the door handle and the fake looking aluminum piece that surrounded it. It looked and felt cheap, totally out of place in this car but everything else looked top notched. The wood grain was beautiful while the nav screen wasn't affected by the sun light like the current model. There are sensors all over the interior for "quality of air" control which was a pleasant surprise and the Bose system sounded better (this was not the 5.1 system). The car looks and felt bigger than my M45S but handled just as well.

The salesman said that they will receive 4 M37s and 4 M56s next week and will call me to come drive the M56 when it arrive. All in all this look like a winner for Infiniti but I'm not quite sure the M56 will sell well at $65k on the sticker and $72k loaded. That's the sticker prices that will be on the M56s according to the salesman.
Did it look unique or did it basically look more or less like a bigger curvier G37. Where you able to easily tell them apart at a distance. That is the main problem I have with the new M is that from pictures it looks way too much like a G37 which I am not a fan of. The current M at least looks nothing like the G35/G37 and has its own distinctive looks and styling. I was expecting something groundbreaking from the new M and for it to have the impact that a Mercedes CLS had and was disappointed when I saw the G37ish looking M. It does have some good angles and the interior looks very nice.
Old 03-20-10, 08:38 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

So, how long until they start offering $399 lease deals?
Old 03-20-10, 08:44 PM
ktiger
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
Did it look unique or did it basically look more or less like a bigger curvier G37. Where you able to easily tell them apart at a distance. That is the main problem I have with the new M is that from pictures it looks way too much like a G37 which I am not a fan of. The current M at least looks nothing like the G35/G37 and has its own distinctive looks and styling. I was expecting something groundbreaking from the new M and for it to have the impact that a Mercedes CLS had and was disappointed when I saw the G37ish looking M. It does have some good angles and the interior looks very nice.
When I drove onto the lot the M37 was not parked on the show room floor or for that matter seperated from the other vehicles. It was parked next to a G sedan and cope. There was a discernable difference though there is some family resemblence. No one will mistake this car for the G. I was able to spot it immediately and without exaggeration the car looks better in person. To me it stood out and though I dislike black cars this particular black metalic with the redish flakes that made the car look like it was a dark purple actually caught my eyes. It's called Malbec Black. I have vowed never to own another black vehicle.

I am in the market for a weekend driver and I'm chosing between the 750 and the M56. I perfer the look of the LS460 but the lexus cars do not fit my driving style. I don't like the 5 series interior and chose the current M45 over the GS already so its a non starter for me. I have never liked mercedes.

My opinion is this car will sell better than the previous generation if the Infiniti brand, in the mind of buyers has the clout to carry the increased MSRP. I currently own an M45 sport and can honestly say the M37 looks better inside and out. I was at the dealership for over an hour comparing my car to the M37 with the salesman and another guy looking at the M. He will give me a call when the loaded M56 arrives.
Old 03-21-10, 01:15 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
I think they will be offering them almost right away, if not already .
Old 03-21-10, 07:24 AM
ktiger
Pole Position

As I stated earlier, I really believe that Infiniti will struggle getting people to pay $70k for this car but we will see. The problem is ALL car prices are out of control. Who would have thought that people would be willing to pay 28k for a camry, 40k for a camaro, 35k for a maxima, and 20k for a civic. Are you kidding me!

I remember not long ago that the magazines, automotive sites, and even some on this site cast doubt about Lexus selling a $60k, $80k, then $100k car. How about the shock and awe on this site over the price of the LF-A when it was announced? For which from my understanding there's a waiting list. Good thing Lexus didn't listen to the nay sayers.

Do anyone on this site truely believe that the S550 is worth 100k? It's never about the price of a vehicle. It's what an individual likes and what that person is willing to pay to drive what he or she likes. Personnally I think a person has to be nuts to pay 40k for a camaro but that's why I don't own one and others do.
Old 03-21-10, 07:58 AM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I don't think there is any question that most of the M's sold will be the M37 version. With the premium package which includes things like NAV and climate controlled seats, the car is right at $50K which puts it right at GS350 price and a bit cheaper than comperably equipped E350 and 535's. I don't think they missed the pricing by much, but the high end options like the tech package get very expensive.
Steve
Old 03-21-10, 09:56 AM
R1R
Driver

Originally Posted by Och
Not anytime soon, the new M's residual value is going to be around 60-62%.

These are the special introductory lease offers for 36 months:

M37 Premium Package - $639 ($3,480 Down)
M56 Base - $745 ($4,030 Down)

This is only for well-qualified buyers. It is estimated that about 60% of cars in this class (5-Series, E-Class) are being leased. Demographically speaking, the average income for the new Infiniti-M buyer is $220-230K per year, which is in fact lower than the customers who buy their G37 convertible, which is well above $300K. For these people, affording anything in this class it not really an issue.

Last edited by R1R; 03-21-10 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-21-10, 10:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by R1R

This is only for well-qualified buyers. It is estimated that about 60% of cars in this class (5-Series, E-Class) are being leased. Demographically speaking, the average income for the new Infiniti-M buyer is $220-230K per year, which is in fact lower than the customers who buy their G37 convertible, which is well above $300K. For these people, affording anything in this class it not really an issue.
60%? that sounds high, but to me that's already a sign where infiniti is trying to push for some attractive lease deals

avg income for new M is 220k and g37 convertible is 300k? wow, very interesting. most of the people i know / see with cars like these, they maybe barely making 100k a year. unless there are some very rich people pulling the curve
Old 03-21-10, 10:29 AM
LexFather

Maybe its just me but it doesn't move me at all. Since their management continues to be clueless, Infiniti has no presence in the Atlanta Auto show I am going to today(another auto show they haven't been represented in) so I have to go to a dealer to check it out.

Originally Posted by Och
In their press release they stated they are debuting with lease deals which will surely get more aggressive as time passes.

Originally Posted by R1R

It might be 60-70% of maybe BMW or Infiniti's, not the entire class. Got any links?

Old 03-21-10, 10:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well either the car is blending in very well with other nissan and infiniti, i haven't really seen any on the road yet. want to see it in person
Old 03-21-10, 11:39 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
well either the car is blending in very well with other nissan and infiniti, i haven't really seen any on the road yet. want to see it in person
Neither have I but it did just go on sale in the last week or two. Give it time.
Old 03-21-10, 11:47 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Maybe its just me but it doesn't move me at all. Since their management continues to be clueless, Infiniti has no presence in the Atlanta Auto show I am going to today(another auto show they haven't been represented in) so I have to go to a dealer to check it out.
Infiniti was not at my local show this year either. It was the first time that's happened so I'm assuming it's recession-related.
Old 03-21-10, 12:18 PM
ktiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by speedflex
Neither have I but it did just go on sale in the last week or two. Give it time.
It's been less than a week according to the salesman. The M37 I test drove arrived that morning (20th) and it was the only one scheduled for delivery that week. They will receive 8 more M's (4 each) next week.
Old 03-21-10, 01:11 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by speedflex
Infiniti was not at my local show this year either. It was the first time that's happened so I'm assuming it's recession-related.
Infiniti had a display at the Chicago Auto that included the M37. I don't recall if they had an M56.
Old 03-21-10, 01:25 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ktiger
I perfer the look of the LS460 but the lexus cars do not fit my driving style.
I'm not sure what you're price range is, but if I were you I'd check out the new LS Sport

Originally Posted by rominl
avg income for new M is 220k and g37 convertible is 300k? wow, very interesting. most of the people i know / see with cars like these, they maybe barely making 100k a year. unless there are some very rich people pulling the curve
Avg Household income maybe? If you have two adults making $100K each plus a teenager working at McDs making $20K a year you get $220K

Quick Reply: Infiniti Prices on All-New 2011 M