Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Prices on All-New 2011 M

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-10, 02:31 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

looks like bigger G37 w/ Maxima mixed in as well... the interior looks "Flagship" Worthy IMO, nice!
Old 03-22-10, 06:51 AM
ktiger
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=(Cj);5332367]I'm not sure what you're price range is, but if I were you I'd check out the new LS Sport

I have driven the LS sport and as stated previously I like the exterior styling. In Baton Rouge the Lexus, Infiniti, and BMW dealers are located within 3 blocks of each other so you get a chance to really do a thorough comparison. The LS does not handle like the 750 or the M IMHO.
Old 03-22-10, 12:12 PM
Haitwun
Pole Position

That is going to cost a pretty penny.
Old 03-26-10, 09:34 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I checked out the M37 tonight and all I can say is what a letdown in person. I think it may be even more boring and G37 like in person then in pics. My girlfriend and her friend thought it looked just like the G37 sedans on the lot but they are not really into cars. I was hoping the grill would be bigger and more in your face to look distinctive from the G37 but it seemed more toned down in person, it really just looked like a G37 with a bigger grill and curvier fenders. Overall a very forgettable uninspired design. I walked around it trying to like it or find an angle I liked but couldn't. One of the big problems is it did not really look upscale or sporty at all and could easily be mistaken for a Nissan. The Maxima sedan is nicer looking and more groundbreaking then the new M but the M does have a much nicer interior. I was highly looking forward to the new M because I like the current M and was hoping for a great design but they dropped the ball making it look so much like the forgettable G37 sedan.

The worse thing is they had two current M45 Sports parked a few spaces next to it and they looked much better and stood out more, they looked larger, more upscale, and more aggressive then the new M37.

Maybe the M56 with the bigger wheels and other touches will help things out but I can't get over how boring and uninspired they made the M37 look and that is going to be the most popular M model sales wise.
Old 03-27-10, 08:13 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UDel
I checked out the M37 tonight and all I can say is what a letdown in person. I think it may be even more boring and G37 like in person then in pics. My girlfriend and her friend thought it looked just like the G37 sedans on the lot but they are not really into cars. I was hoping the grill would be bigger and more in your face to look distinctive from the G37 but it seemed more toned down in person, it really just looked like a G37 with a bigger grill and curvier fenders. Overall a very forgettable uninspired design. I walked around it trying to like it or find an angle I liked but couldn't. One of the big problems is it did not really look upscale or sporty at all and could easily be mistaken for a Nissan. The Maxima sedan is nicer looking and more groundbreaking then the new M but the M does have a much nicer interior. I was highly looking forward to the new M because I like the current M and was hoping for a great design but they dropped the ball making it look so much like the forgettable G37 sedan.

The worse thing is they had two current M45 Sports parked a few spaces next to it and they looked much better and stood out more, they looked larger, more upscale, and more aggressive then the new M37.

Maybe the M56 with the bigger wheels and other touches will help things out but I can't get over how boring and uninspired they made the M37 look and that is going to be the most popular M model sales wise.
I think a lot of people are going to have the same reaction. At least with the M37.
Old 03-27-10, 04:55 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I better take a look at one of these in person, the pics aren't doing it for me.
Old 03-27-10, 05:05 PM
Dez
Driver

Not a good-looking car by any means.
Old 04-13-10, 11:02 PM
LexFather

And the deals start already...

Also another so so review...

http://www.insideline.com/infiniti/m...and-video.html

Vehicle Tested:
2011 Infiniti M37S

Base Price:
$46,250

Price as Tested:
$57,115

Engine:
3.7-liter V6

Gearbox:
Seven-speed automatic

Power:
330 hp @ 7,000 rpm; 270 lb-ft of torque @ 5,200 rpm

0-60 mph:
5.9 seconds

Fuel Mileage:
21.5 mpg (observed)

What Works (pros):
Strong performance; class-leading interior form and function; easy-to-use electronics; good seat comfort; strong structure.

What Needs Work (cons):
Invisible styling; rough ride; heavy steering; down-market engine note; needs more refinement to compete against BMW and Mercedes.

Bottom Line:
If you want a larger and more expensive G37S, this is your car. If you want more than that, look elsewhere.

Old 04-13-10, 11:37 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Wow, $499 lease deals already. Infiniti sure is setting the bar pretty low. That is much, much cheaper than a lease deal on a GS350.
Old 04-13-10, 11:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

already 3k off msrp? @_@ i thought the car is just out
Old 04-13-10, 11:51 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
already 3k off msrp? @_@ i thought the car is just out
I've barely seen the car in my area and the deals are already this big .

I wonder what will happen when new 5 Series is fully on sale in North America, and the next-gen GS goes on sale ? $399 lease deals?
Old 04-14-10, 12:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well to be fair we don't know the fine print on the 499 lease yet, want kind of down is attached.

but car is just barely out and already 3k off msrp that says something. (i am surprised)
Old 04-14-10, 03:55 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Day One: Nobody.

Day Two: Nobody.

Day Three: Nobod...Wait, maybe her. Nope. Nobody.

Day Four: Nobody.

Day Five: Nobody.

Day Six: Nobody.

It's been seven days. Seven. And nobody has noticed this 2011 Infiniti M37S we've been driving.

ooooo. that hurts. and that's with the special body cladding and styling.
As poorly as the 3GS sells, at least a fixed up one will get looks.

and performance is mediocre for the M37..... probably due to its near 2-ton weight.

the M blends in well with the crowd, and is unnoticed because from far away, the back looks like a camry. from the front, it sorta remotely looks like a hyundai.

I wouldn't be surprised if the S version became a rattlebox within a year of purchase, with its harsh ride

Can't wait to see first month's sales numbers. I predict a failure
Old 04-14-10, 04:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

if first month sale is already failure, then it's really bad...
Old 04-14-10, 08:10 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

57k!! good gawd!! that's expensive.. damn... and it looks too much like G. this is a total fail. last gen was much better.

Last edited by joe80; 04-14-10 at 08:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Prices on All-New 2011 M