Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The perfect Lexus line-up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-10, 08:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

good stuff mike

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I just would like to see more coupes, so an ISc, GSc, LSc, and even an ESc. I think a lot of people would want sport coupes as well as the traditional Lexus luxury in a nice big coupe. good idea, as long as all of them are hardtop design. i think lexus should somehow continue the sc430 luxury cruiser as in their own league

I would like to see the 300 return, from the 2006 GS 300. Great engine, ample power and great MPG. Its a great engine that should be used (if it fits). that's a good idea to expand the engine lineup. but definitely not to replace the current 350 setup though

I would like to see an entry level GS, like BMW has with the 528. Bring back the GS 300 for those that want a GS but don't care or want power. It can help with sales. agree, can most definitely use more engine lineup, especially if even better gas mileage

I would like to see the SC become a Jag XK. yup, that'd be great

I would like to see a sub car below the LFA. LFC is fine I would like to see a LFA convertible and hybrid. lfa, i am actually not sure about spending more time on the lfa. lexus can focus on more other stuff first. but from the lfa, can definitely create something that competes with say the sl63 / sl65

The LS should have a 350 V-6 next time. The 350 makes more power than the old 400/430 with just some torque lacking. Or make a LS 400h hybrid as the entry model. i am still a believe of NO v6 in flagship, that just cheapens the car. but a ls450h can definitely be a good idea

I would like to see more hybrids and not just one hybrid for a lineup. Offering multiple hybrid engines for one model (GS 250h, GS 400h etc). yup, that'd be a great idea actually!

I would like to see AWD on these coupes as an option.

I would like to see as CJ and others have suggested, an official F-sport package, like the LS sport or what BMW/AMG offers with their sport models. It seems like people do not want to add one part here or there. Also packages usually are cheaper and include some other items. no kidding. stop doing all these half *** body kits on the sport version. they look nothing but ugly...

Of course the F lineup expanded. very very much needed!!!!

I don't desire a cute ute. If Lexus feels it makes sense, they usually are right. No one wants wagons, PERIOD. Sorry. Caddy just dropped the price of the wonderful CTS wagon b/c of low sales.
Old 02-05-10, 12:36 AM
dsp979
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jruhi4

IS - Not much to add to previous commentary. I'd hope the 3rd-gen would be smaller and lighter than the 2nd-gen, more akin to the 1st-gen, but with a livable back seat thanks to slimmer, smartly contoured and comfortable front seats. A 4-cylinder version for other markets is fine by me, but I wouldn't bother with it for North America. Also, a quartet of body styles (sedan, coupe, retractable-hardtop convertible and sportwagon son of SportCross) is a must.
+1

And make sure to offer a manual transmission in all engines and body styles offered. Unlike jruhi, I would welcome a turbo 4, just like the JDM Altezza. The Toyota Altezza was the main reason I got the IS300. I wanted a sporty rwd sedan to replace my fwd Nissan Maxima, which definitely earned the 4DSC designation.

I'd ask for cable throttle, but i know this is falling on deaf ears.
Old 02-05-10, 05:05 AM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxNine
And make sure to offer a manual transmission in all engines and body styles offered...I'd ask for cable throttle, but I know this is falling on deaf ears.
Amen to this!
Old 02-05-10, 08:02 AM
LexFather

With the IS now being GS based, I doubt it can get lighter. Platform shared cars are rarely light, especially the smaller cars. Turbo 4 sounds interesting...

Old 02-05-10, 08:10 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
good stuff mike
I would like to see the SC become a Jag XK. yup, that'd be great

Jag XK like SC means useless back seat again, I much prefer the next SC to be a 2-seater roadster like the SL

Last edited by Gojirra99; 02-05-10 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-05-10, 08:15 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Jag XK like SC means useless back seat again, I much prefer the next SC to be a 2-seater roadster like the SL
The back seats aren't that useless...

Old 02-05-10, 08:26 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
The back seats aren't that useless...

Yup, I've seen "Mean Girls" too
Old 02-05-10, 08:28 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Yup, I've seen "Mean Girls" too
I don't get it.
Old 02-05-10, 08:35 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I don't get it.
Rent the movie, it's not bad either
Old 02-05-10, 08:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i did better, i had 2 people in back seat. but that didn't take away the fact that it's stupid

andrew, yeah i don't really care much about the rear seat. basically just make something (a new model or upgraded sc, though i prefer new model) that's 2 seat roadster up there with sl
Old 02-05-10, 09:29 AM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
With the IS now being GS based, I doubt it can get lighter. Platform shared cars are rarely light, especially the smaller cars. Turbo 4 sounds interesting...
Unless the 4th-gen GS which will precede the 3rd-gen IS is itself made a smidge smaller and lighter...