Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I feel bad for this guy, but at least he is being honest.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-10, 08:16 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default I feel bad for this guy, but at least he is being honest.

Some guy is selling his s55 AMG on eBay and this is what he put in description

Source:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Here we have is the most expensive piece of crap car i've ever owned. It has soo much problems that is stressing me out and driving crazy. I will never buy this brand again. But if you happens to be a Mercedes mechanic and are in the market for a fixer upper, then this is a great deal for you. So here are the problems that I know of. At somewhere about 60k miles somekind of axle bushings was worned out and had to be replaced, cost me about $1500.00. At the same time, the car suspension was going up and down on its own sitting idle. Mercedes Benz diagnosed it and said that the valve blocks for the ABC system (active body control) needs to be replaced. That will cost another $3700.00. I did not have it replaced because the car was not going up and down on its own while driving. Just recently the ABC pump went out and needs to be replaced. That will cost another $2500.00. Now its got problems with somekind of electronics that will not let me use the windshield wipers and blinking tailights. I am thinking is the SOS or the teleaid system. I don't know how to turn it off. ABS light also comes on SRS light is also on. BAS is also on. There is also more problems but I forgot what. It is sad to say that I regreted for buying this car. It is a very expensive car with soo much problems it not even funny. This might cost my divorce, because my wife was the one who pushed me into buying it. I can't afford to let it go too cheap either, because it need to pay my brother back the money that I borrowed to buy the car. So please someone take this crap from us and maybe save our marriage. Thank you for looking and good luck. Oh' somekind of sensor was also replaced not too long ago that cost me $500.00. My wife and kids also got stranded a few times because this problem. A deposit of $250 within 48 of auction end is required. Car can also be pick up in Las Vegas. The price you pay for the engineer and design of these cars is outrageous. I was soo stupid to have paid soo much for this piece of crap. I cannot say enough to describe how negative I feel about this car. It is also a fun and fast car to drive and I enjoy driving it without the problems. Before you bid on this car please do your research. You have to have alot of money and not worry about car trouble to buy this. Thanks
Old 02-07-10, 08:22 AM
Red Bully
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

supercharged turbo not to swift
Old 02-07-10, 08:34 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

So a guess he bought it around 60k+ being 5+ years old and its an AMG, what did you plan for, trouble free driving for the next 40k miles?
Old 02-07-10, 08:51 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i think benz is better now tho....still thats lot of money...amg baby
Old 02-07-10, 09:05 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This is why I always said that AMG cars are more expensive to own than real super cars, ie Porsche, Ferrari, and so on. Even if you happen not to have any trouble with yours, it will still depreciate so ridiculously fast that your cost of ownership is sky high. And if you buy a used one that already depreciated, it will most likely break down a lot and cost you tons of money to repair.
Old 02-07-10, 09:31 AM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these babies are like my hot wife. you gotta have money to maintain her. you have to be ready to give what she wants at anytime.

the real price of buying used is for example:

40k(price of the car) + 20k(1/2 of the price of the car to fix the damn thing) = 60k( the actual price of the baby)
Old 02-07-10, 10:41 AM
2turbo4u
Lexus Test Driver

Poor ebay poster
Old 02-07-10, 10:45 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

haha those 220 bodies have SOOOO many problems.
Old 02-07-10, 10:50 AM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

This sounds silly, but I've always been wary of eBay users (and anywhere else online) with poor spelling and grammar in their description of the items they're selling. I'm not implying that he's lying, though.

Also, taking pictures of an S class in front of a shopping mall isn't what I would do, even if it belongs to me. I'd at least try to photograph the car in a nice location (with some decent interior shots, too) because this at least gives viewers the impression that I actually own the product. My impression, given the poor quality photos, is that this guy asked an S63 AMG owner if he could photograph his car as the owner was about to leave. I'm sorry, but that's just the impression I am getting.

Well, I'm just a bit wary of buying stuff from eBay in the first place, so maybe this is just silly old Dustin talking gibberish as usual.
Old 02-07-10, 11:41 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

sounds like my E55, it has never ending problem. I was driving Enterprise rental more than I drive my own car. I don't remember what was NOT replace on the car lol.. Luckly everything was cover under warrenty
Old 02-07-10, 11:47 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by splitfire
sounds like my E55, it has never ending problem. I was driving Enterprise rental more than I drive my own car. I don't remember what was NOT replace on the car lol.. Luckly everything was cover under warrenty

Nothing unusual about his issues and its always sad to hear.

Old 02-07-10, 01:15 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

even though the CLS and the CL are nice looking cars. i would never buy them.
Old 02-07-10, 01:35 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

This is why you get an aftermarket warranty. They are not close to Lexus reliable and anyone getting into one should understand this. Though for some odd reason mine has been absolutely bulletproof-knock on wood. Perhaps because everything has been replaced once or twice already. But that motor sure does make up for a lot and when Lexus builds a decent looking powerful sedan (I'm too old for an IS-F) I will pick it up.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 02-07-10 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-07-10, 03:42 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If he had trouble free diving for 60K miles before all this started to happen I'd say he got a pretty good car. Problems all seem minor and considering what he thinks is wrong the car the repair costs doesn't seem that bad.
Old 02-07-10, 03:55 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

poor guy..

Quick Reply: I feel bad for this guy, but at least he is being honest.