Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Officially Official: 2011 BMW X5 goes all turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-10, 10:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
well, my first X5 //M sighting was just a poser
dual exhaust, some aero package?, with badge in this order: //M X5

I knew the //M's have quad exhausts, so this guy was waiting for tip quad tips to come in

looked nothing like this at all
don't even bring up about the m3 poser i saw the other day -- when i was side by side with him in my real m3
Old 02-08-10, 10:57 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
don't even bring up about the m3 poser i saw the other day -- when i was side by side with him in my real m3
more reason for you to roll down your window and give him a big:....then a .....and if he hasn't hung his head in shame, then.........
Old 02-08-10, 11:29 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Back on topic, the x5 is nice and the base turbo engine is awesome. But while the base price looks great, its gonna take closer to 60k to get it reasonably equipped.
Old 02-08-10, 11:40 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Well you guys should of upped the ante with the premium package that would give you those options. Cheaping out my man lol..
So you want to insult Och without knowing the details of his purchase? Och has been fantastic sharing his new BMW experience without losing the big picture or changing his attitude.

Everyone back on topic please about the new X5.

Old 02-08-10, 11:46 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the first X5 first came out, I thought it was really cool that they offered it with the manual transmission. I wish they would do that with this one. It's a great all-around vehicle, and BMW deserve credit for the standard turbo engine and base price reduction.
Old 02-08-10, 11:48 AM
LexFather

Well you guys should of upped the ante with the premium package that would give you those options. Cheaping out my man lol..
Originally Posted by AdrianXT
When the first X5 first came out, I thought it was really cool that they offered it with the manual transmission. I wish they would do that with this one. It's a great all-around vehicle, and BMW deserve credit for the standard turbo engine and base price reduction.

I'm a huge huge fan of this SUV. I will have to check out the new turbos.

Old 02-08-10, 11:55 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
So you want to insult Och without knowing the details of his purchase? Och has been fantastic sharing his new BMW experience without losing the big picture or changing his attitude.

Everyone back on topic please about the new X5.
Ummmm No one is insulting Och. As far as the details of his purchase, he has threads on e90post in which I responded. Now we can back back on topic.
Old 02-08-10, 11:57 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I'm a huge huge fan of this SUV. I will have to check out the new turbos.
The 2011 X5 turbo 6 or diesel will be a real good deal as a pre-owned 3 years from now.
Old 02-08-10, 11:58 AM
LexFather

Ummmm No one is insulting Och. As far as the details of his purchase, he has threads on e90post in which I responded. Now we can back back on topic.
Since you cannot follow directions from moderators, you exit this thread.

This is Clublexus, not e90post. Now WE can get back on topic.

Old 02-08-10, 12:48 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why in the world would you want a X5 SUV in the manual transmission?
Old 02-08-10, 12:51 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
trust me, save that money. i have the what-so-called premium audio upgrade in my m3 and it's still a complete piece of crap. i think the upgrade was like 1800? totally garbage, not even close to what the ML system in my gs350, and that already is considered as a not-so-good ML system among lexus lineup
Yup, I paid 1900$ or so for the so called premium and it is worse than the one I had in Camry many years ago. Let's not even bring in the ML from lexus. Just not in the same league.
Old 02-08-10, 01:02 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by STIG
Why in the world would you want a X5 SUV in the manual transmission?
Because I like manual transmissions. It's entertaining. If you love cars as much as I do, you'd understand. I will drive manual as long as I am physically able.

BMW wants to fill every niche, I think they should offer a manual on all their models... (I'm only half-kidding about that).

In this price class and type of car, I do believe an auto should be standard, but a manual should be a special-order option, even if it is extra cost.
Old 02-08-10, 01:19 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Because I like manual transmissions. It's entertaining. If you love cars as much as I do, you'd understand. I will drive manual as long as I am physically able.

BMW wants to fill every niche, I think they should offer a manual on all their models... (I'm only half-kidding about that).

In this price class and type of car, I do believe an auto should be standard, but a manual should be a special-order option, even if it is extra cost.
I like driving and have a six speed. That doesnt mean I want all my cars in the manual transmission. If you live in the city, you will understand what i mean.
Old 02-08-10, 01:27 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by STIG
I like driving and have a six speed. That doesnt mean I want all my cars in the manual transmission. If you live in the city, you will understand what i mean.
I endure 40-mile, 2-hour (total both ways) commutes in and around Charleston's stop-and-go traffic. There are also more hills here than you think. It's OK, I'm more hardcore than most people. Is that what you mean?
Old 02-08-10, 01:52 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I endure 40-mile, 2-hour (total both ways) commutes in and around Charleston's stop-and-go traffic. There are also more hills here than you think. It's OK, I'm more hardcore than most people. Is that what you mean?
Didn't mean to make you upset or anything. More power to you, my friend. If I were to have an X5 for a daily commuter, I don't think I want to deal with shifting in a big family SUV after a long stressful 8-hour work day in a city like San Fran. That's all I was trying to say.

May be I am just getting older.

Quick Reply: Officially Official: 2011 BMW X5 goes all turbo