Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Officially Official: 2011 BMW X5 goes all turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-10, 01:57 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by STIG
Didn't mean to make you upset or anything. More power to you, my friend. If I were to have an X5 for a daily commuter, I don't think I want to deal with shifting in a big family SUV after a long stressful 8-hour work day in a city like San Fran. That's all I was trying to say.

May be I am just getting older.
I'm with you, my SC is a 6spd now was 5 spd and there's no way I could daily it with the DC Area traffic I deal with. I'm all for shifting and having fun but just can't deal with it everyday. My auto TL does the trick for daily traffic duties
Old 02-08-10, 01:59 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STIG
Didn't mean to make you upset or anything. More power to you, my friend. If I were to have an X5 for a daily commuter, I don't think I want to deal with shifting in a big family SUV after a long stressful 8-hour work day in a city like San Fran. That's all I was trying to say.

May be I am just getting older.
I respect that. Is a long, stressful 8-hour day in San Fran different from a long, stressful 8-hour day in Charleston? Just kidding. Anyway, my grandfather drove stick until he was 67, mostly in the St. Louis area which is also more hilly and congested than most people realize.

I'm 24, and yes, some days I think an auto would be nice. But at this point in my life I can only have one car, and in that case I still prefer manual.
Old 02-08-10, 02:20 PM
itsmarcjs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
well, my first X5 //M sighting was just a poser
dual exhaust, some aero package?, with badge in this order: //M X5

I knew the //M's have quad exhausts, so this guy was waiting for tip quad tips to come in

looked nothing like this at all
Maybe you saw one with the M-sport package. I have it on my 4.8 and looks very similar to the M. All the the black pieces are body colored and have unique wheels. I prefer my car's looks over the revision. I just wish i had the power and lights.
Old 02-08-10, 05:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by itsmarcjs
Maybe you saw one with the M-sport package. I have it on my 4.8 and looks very similar to the M. All the the black pieces are body colored and have unique wheels. I prefer my car's looks over the revision. I just wish i had the power and lights.
the package doesn't come with the //M badge right?
Old 02-08-10, 06:17 PM
itsmarcjs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
the package doesn't come with the //M badge right?
That would be true! lol

I just don't know what to think with this refresh. I'm trying to justify my recent addition. This car is SEX, but knowing that 70k was spent on it and now comes an even faster version...ugh
Old 02-08-10, 06:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by itsmarcjs
That would be true! lol

I just don't know what to think with this refresh. I'm trying to justify my recent addition. This car is SEX, but knowing that 70k was spent on it and now comes an even faster version...ugh
don't look back, just enjoy it. that's all i can say. cars are getting better and better, and sometimes it just happens that you get something and next thing you know the new one is coming. but hey, you love yours now