Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

will toyota/lexus become the next audi?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-10, 04:55 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by norapat01
I have less faith on Toyota/Lexus/Scion now that they quality went down the drain. Their built quality has gone down compare to before. The Corolla used to be pretty decent interms of interior material, but the new ones....you can tell that they are cutting costs.

I'm not a Toyota/Lexus nut hugger or anything, I would say that I probably wouldn't trade-in my 350Z in for an IS350 if these recalls were to come up 4 months ago.
you want to talk about cheap interiors, maybe you should take a look at the nissan line-up's interiors. seriously...

and not that i'm a nissan/infiniti nut hugger or anything, but i would say that i probably wouldn't trade-in my is350 for a 350z (or now, a 370z) if this were to happen when i decide to go for some spirited driving. see below...

http://www.caranddriver.com/features..._3a12.0_page_8

thanks for reading.
Old 02-10-10, 04:58 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

will toyota/lexus become the next audi?????
according to this thread, without a doubt.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ed-lights.html
Old 02-11-10, 02:15 PM
norapat01
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
you want to talk about cheap interiors, maybe you should take a look at the nissan line-up's interiors. seriously...

and not that i'm a nissan/infiniti nut hugger or anything, but i would say that i probably wouldn't trade-in my is350 for a 350z (or now, a 370z) if this were to happen when i decide to go for some spirited driving. see below...
lol, I can't imagine anyone would want to trade their IS350 in for a 370Z. I wouldn't either I was thinking about a 370Z before I get rid of my 350Z, but after I drove an IS350....the 370Z is out! Eventhought the handling of the IS350 isn't as good as a 350/370, I feels like you got more car for the money: power, comfort, class, luxurious interior, premium leather...what not to like, right?

But seriously, if you compared Toyota and Nissan...car to car...in the same class, you wold see a big different. Toyota has to put a black sticker on the door jam of Corolla's, so that when you shut the door you wouldn't see the body color between the door jam. Sentra body line is much tighter and there are weather strip around the door, so it doesn't need to have those black stickers.
Old 02-11-10, 02:25 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not likely and btw, Audi is doing well.
Old 02-11-10, 03:43 PM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hughh
Here's a goos article by car guru Ed Wallace on the whole Toyota situation:

Dragging Toyota Through the Media Muck
The Toyota recall is not as serious or dramatic as the media, tort lawyers, and its competitors make it out to be, writes Ed Wallace

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...029_528234.htm
Awesome find! That definitely ranks among the top-5 must-read articles I've seen on the Toyota/Lexus floormat hysteria.
Old 02-11-10, 03:52 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

What is with all of these threads about the recall, seriously...give it a little time to blow over, eventually the media will find something else to fear the public with. By that time, Toyota will have completed their recall and will be selling cars like candy on a daily basis.

I can't believe this recall jolted so many CL members to actually start this many threads. We need a combination thread...