Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Red Acura Legend Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-10, 06:14 AM
[VTEC]TL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. Don't really see too many of those left on the road.
Old 02-10-10, 06:22 AM
Milla...

I haven't seen that year that clean since well, the day they came out. Wow now that I'm thinking about I haven't seen an 86-87 Integra in about 10 years now.
Old 02-10-10, 06:35 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Love that car. Not sure if this car had it, but the Sterling (Legend clone) had powered rear seat. I thought that was pretty cool and definitely ahead of its time.
Old 02-10-10, 07:07 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I was in high school, and I talked my boss into buying one of these to replace his 1980 Olds Cutlass. It was sweet!
Old 02-10-10, 07:55 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Thanks for sharing. I normally rag on the Legend pretty hard, but yours is certainly one that has aged incredibly. It's rare to have one without rust on it.

Originally Posted by [VTEC]TL
Nice. Don't really see too many of those left on the road.
I never see my Prelude anymore. Probably cause they all rusted as soon as you drove em off of the lot. I did find one at a Subaru dealer last year. I was tempted to offer em $500 for it, but being a grad student I have no money to invest in fixing one up, nor do I have enough skill to handle engine repairs on my own.
Old 02-10-10, 08:58 AM
bboarder71
Driver School Candidate

Thanks ben for posting a pic of mine.

Looks great man you have kept that in amazing shape. whats your name on acuralegend.org i am trying to think of it but drawing a blank
Old 02-10-10, 09:44 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

As the Lord be my judge, I was JUST boring my wife to death last week talking about how revolutionary this car was!!!

I was telling her that Acura started the luxury offshoot genre, and now they barely exist at the upper echelon....its just sad.

Anyways this car is in excellent shape. I'm amazed at how handsome this one, and the second gen are to me. My buddy actually had one of these with 17" wheels, lowering and Remus exhaust........SICK.
Old 02-10-10, 09:44 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GSteg
Love that car. Not sure if this car had it, but the Sterling (Legend clone) had powered rear seat. I thought that was pretty cool and definitely ahead of its time.

Damn bro, you know your stuff. In Brooklyn the Sterling 827SL was official PIMP status back in the day.

The Legend didn't have the powered rear seat.
Old 02-10-10, 09:47 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DPRSupra
CHris (CK6Speed)...88Legend, you guys are really making me miss my Legends...is it time to restart the hunt for the 6 Speed Legend GS again?!?!?!

Hells yeah, either red, white or cashmere metallic FTW.

If I had money to blow, I'd just buy one of these, mod the hell out of it and park it. JUST to say I did it!

I was only 15 when the 94 Legend Coupe came out so I could only dream of having one back then. The car cost like 40k!!

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 02-10-10 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-10-10, 09:54 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not trying to be negative here but one of the things that's most interesting to me is to see how much nicer cars have gotten for the $$. That car was Acura's equivalent to the RL these days and look how much nicer the current RL is in basically every single possible measure.

The car looks pretty similar to an Accord of that era, to me. According to wiki they did base the Legend on the Accord... but it doesn't specify in what way. You even still have manual driver's seat adjustments and according to wiki a 0-60 time just under 8 seconds with a well driven manual transmission.

I'm not knocking it... I'd drive it. I think it's very cool that you've kept it in that great of shape. I'm just amazed to see how far we've come in 20 years.
Old 02-10-10, 10:14 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

22 years to be exact. This car represents the genesis of the Japanese luxury makes aka premium luxury brands from japan. Before there was a Lexus or Infiniti there was Acura ( started 1986)
Old 02-10-10, 10:18 AM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow thats a SUPER clean legend...it looks killer!
very very very few gen 1 legend coupes that clean still exist...good work!
i miss the legend...acura really went south when they killed the legend off...the legend coupe has always been one of my favorite cars (my dad had a 95 6mt LS coupe when i was a kid...still miss that car...he now has a 2006 TL that is nice but isnt a legend)
the legend was truely ahead of its time....the current acura models just can never do what the legend did back in the day

one day i will find my gen 2 LS 6MT coupe
Old 02-10-10, 10:19 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Threxx
I'm not trying to be negative here but one of the things that's most interesting to me is to see how much nicer cars have gotten for the $$. That car was Acura's equivalent to the RL these days and look how much nicer the current RL is in basically every single possible measure.

The car looks pretty similar to an Accord of that era, to me. According to wiki they did base the Legend on the Accord... but it doesn't specify in what way. You even still have manual driver's seat adjustments and according to wiki a 0-60 time just under 8 seconds with a well driven manual transmission.

I'm not knocking it... I'd drive it. I think it's very cool that you've kept it in that great of shape. I'm just amazed to see how far we've come in 20 years.
But the RL looks like an Accord today We all can agree cars today are amazingly better than cars of the 1980s in regards to tech/features.

I do believe this was Rover/Sterling based, not Accord based. The Integra was Civic based. The current Rl shares the Accord global platform.

Old 02-10-10, 10:26 AM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice! For a while I really wanted a mid-90's Type-II Legend coupe.
Old 02-10-10, 10:34 AM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
But the RL looks like an Accord today We all can agree cars today are amazingly better than cars of the 1980s in regards to tech/features.

I do believe this was Rover/Sterling based, not Accord based. The Integra was Civic based. The current Rl shares the Accord global platform.
hmm
i was under the impression that the sterling was based off the legend
i believe the legend was fully in house designed by honda as its own project..

Quick Reply: Red Acura Legend Coupe