Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Red Acura Legend Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-10, 04:57 PM
madmax2k1
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks very clean, but it has more wheel gap than a Jeep.
Old 02-10-10, 05:04 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
The car looks pretty similar to an Accord of that era, to me. According to wiki they did base the Legend on the Accord... but it doesn't specify in what way. You even still have manual driver's seat adjustments and according to wiki a 0-60 time just under 8 seconds with a well driven manual transmission.

I'm not knocking it... I'd drive it. I think it's very cool that you've kept it in that great of shape. I'm just amazed to see how far we've come in 20 years.
I don't believe the first Legend was based on the Accord. The Accord back then was very small, smaller then a modern civic where the Legend was a good deal larger then an Accord. The original Legend was a partnership between Honda and Sterling/Rover and I believe had its own larger platform designed to accept a V6 among other firsts for Honda. A V6 was not even available for an Accord until 96 or 97. 0-60 in under 8 sec for a v6 luxury coupe or sedan was very good performance in the mid 80's. The Legend may not look that great to some these days but back then it was a very impressive car and revolutionary with many firsts.

The 2nd Gen Legend did have its own unique platform with a longitudinal engine layout and was much larger and completely different from an Accord.
Old 02-10-10, 05:55 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by 88Legend
Wow I didn't think my car would be so popular.

Well the people that have lexus are older like 30s and 40s so I guess that is why everyone says "I remember those cars" You lexus guys know more about this car and appreciate it more than the people do on the Acura legend forums! Yeah the Legends are great cars but the 2nd gen Legend has serious HG problems but the G1 doesn't.

Yeah my Legend was about 30K back then so it was probably between the ES250 and LS400. My car has heated and power mirrors, a computer that reads current gas mileage, average gas mileage, distance to empty, all the fluid levels, and tells when to change the oil and when to service the car too. It has more features then some Lexus!

Yeah I have only had it for about for about 6 months but I have spent all of those months bringing it back to new condition and doing maintenance.

The timing belt, water pump, tires, and alternator were replaced a year ago and it also had a full tune up 10K miles ago. It runs flawlessly. It has only 168K miles. They make those seat covers for Lexus too and if anyone wants more info on them, let me know.

My s/n on the Legend forums is C27A1Legend'88.
Your car looks great and it is nice to see someone take such good care of it and put the effort to restore it and keep it stock(please don't modify it).

I vividly remember when I was in 4th grade riding in my parents brand new 87 Accord sedan and seeing a new white Legend sedan on the road, my dad told me was an Acura, a new upscale brand from Honda which intrigued me to find out more about Acuras. I paid alot of attention to Legends after that.

That experience still did not compare to when I saw my first NSX, a silver one passed us and I was shocked, never seen a car so low, exotic, and futuristic looking and could not believe it was an Acura. The next day I bought every car magazine I could that had articles on the NSX.

Hope you enjoy your classic Legend for many years, I would not even sell it.
Old 02-10-10, 07:37 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Very very nice Acura Legend man, super clean for it's age, still looks brand new.
Old 02-10-10, 08:28 PM
88Legend
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I plan to keep my Legend for a very long time. And I am going to keep it stock for the most part. I might change the shift **** and small things like that though. You Lexus guys know more about my car than the people on my Legend forum. That is quite funny.
Old 02-10-10, 09:48 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

holy crap...that is clean!
a friend of mine actually has (may have sold it by now) a white KA7 Coupe TypeII 6MT with barely any miles. Used to be a car used for promotions and pamphlets for Honda apparently.

Something about those Legends...I dunno what, but I want another one one day.
Old 02-10-10, 11:07 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
holy crap...that is clean!
a friend of mine actually has (may have sold it by now) a white KA7 Coupe TypeII 6MT with barely any miles. Used to be a car used for promotions and pamphlets for Honda apparently.

Something about those Legends...I dunno what, but I want another one one day.
That would be a KA8. The KA7 is the Sedan. I had the same TYPE II KA8 6-Speed myself in black/black. Great car.
Old 02-10-10, 11:09 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I plan to keep my Legend for a very long time. And I am going to keep it stock for the most part. I might change the shift **** and small things like that though. You Lexus guys know more about my car than the people on my Legend forum. That is quite funny.
Many of us who posted here were former Legend owners and came from the Legend Forums. In fact, some of us go way back to the very first Legend forum if you ever heard of Legend.org.
Old 02-10-10, 11:21 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Many of us who posted here were former Legend owners and came from the Legend Forums. In fact, some of us go way back to the very first Legend forum if you ever heard of Legend.org.
I remember that site!!!! Forgot about it till now lol. I think I was still on dial up...if not just got cable.
Old 02-11-10, 12:03 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

What a treat to see your car! It is very rare to see one without bumper damage or mismatched panels.
A personal note... I have always liked the first Legend. It was THE car to have in high school. Everyone's rich parents were getting it and I was puhsing my mom to upgrade from her Maxima. She finally dived in with a new 1992 LS. We loved that car and so did everyone else. She then traded in for a '96 RL which was very plush and quiet, but not as sporty as the Legend. After that, Acura started going poopoo with their designs and we haven't had a Honda product since. It was a nice run while it lasted. The Legned truly is a legenday car in automotive history.
Old 02-11-10, 06:22 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
She then traded in for a '96 RL which was very plush and quiet, but not as sporty as the Legend.
Ah, now ye sound like an Acura Legend lubber.
Old 02-11-10, 08:16 AM
bboarder71
Driver School Candidate

since most of them may have owned a legend in their past. don't worry your dealing with a bunch of college kids on .org right now.
Old 02-11-10, 09:49 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That car looks like it was kept in plastic all of these years! Heck you even have the oe spec Michelin tires on this car! Beautiful!

I was in love with this car when it debuted in 1987. I still remeber the "precision crafted performance" commericals Acura had on the tubes back then. This was the high roller choice of vehicle in NYC back in the late 80's. Keep it stock & prestine for another two decades +!
Old 02-11-10, 09:51 AM
LexFather

Mike, the Acura badge or logo (Engineering Calipers) Was developed for the debut of the Acura NSX in 1990. Both the 91 NSX and 91 Integra ere the first Acura's to have the logo badge.
I honestly didn't know that Chris, thanks!! Anything else about the car you can share?

Please hang around, we talk about all cars here and a lot of people bring some great knowledge. We also have an environment where a lot of people own different brands instead of just Toyota/Lexus.

This has been a great thread as the Neanderthals that usually innudate Honda/Acura threads are noticeably absent in positive threads here. If we discuss something like a useless press release, they come to sling poo here as they bathe in it.

Your car is fantastic and I am also a member of Legend.org. Leon just sent me an e-mail the other day as a matter of fact.

Old 02-11-10, 10:53 AM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh yes I was there when they made the transition to acura-legend.com

There's a reason for everything such as my username.

Quick Reply: Red Acura Legend Coupe