Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Man-Made: Buiilding the Veyron

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-10, 01:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

No actually there are a few others. Some magazine writers and of course private owners have been to the VW track to go ***** out
Old 02-12-10, 04:26 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not disputing the video results, Ive seen it. I'm just relaying what was learned by watching the program. The car is computer controlled to not go past 253mph because as stated "the car would want take off" There is no way to control the car safely after that speed. So my guess is they had to pick a cut off point to limit the car and 253 was it. So if we have a video of the car going 253 and an engineer telling us its limited to 253 and why, then its reasonable to assume without the limiter the car would go faster. How long or how far without disaster is a totally separate issue. (one that I wouldnt mind witnessing, lol)
Old 02-12-10, 09:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks again. I just found it on the channel guide and its set.

For those who dont know its on thursday the 18 on the National geographic HD channel at 2PM -4PM depending on where you are in the country
Old 02-13-10, 05:05 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
I'm not disputing the video results, Ive seen it. I'm just relaying what was learned by watching the program. The car is computer controlled to not go past 253mph because as stated "the car would want take off" There is no way to control the car safely after that speed. So my guess is they had to pick a cut off point to limit the car and 253 was it. So if we have a video of the car going 253 and an engineer telling us its limited to 253 and why, then its reasonable to assume without the limiter the car would go faster. How long or how far without disaster is a totally separate issue. (one that I wouldnt mind witnessing, lol)
Quote: "Could easily do over 253 mph"

This is not a true statement, plain and simple.

1. The car may very well have an electronic limiter at 253 but it was never hit by James May, at 253.

2. "easily" means that the car is capable of going much faster, and it's not. 253 was it. That is all the car could muster with over 1,000 HP and over 800 HP of aerodynamic drag. No limiter involved. That's all the car could do. It could not go any faster, limited or not.

3. No one is calling *you* a liar. But, you did post some info on the car without a source or a link. Wherever that info came from, it's not a good source. It also makes one question the rest of the info in that list.
Old 02-13-10, 08:13 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I saw it...awesome piece. Like you said it gave me a renewed respect and appreciation for an already amazing machine.
Thanks for the heads up the other day

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
You know whats funny is how when I mentioned this car as my car of the decade people freaked. I think its only because they dont know enough about this vehicle. One member actually slammed me for chosing it then stated that he didnt even know what the car was.
That is not what happened. You ASKED a question and you got different ANSWERS. Some agreed with you, some said the Prius, some said other cars.

Why are you bringing up that thread here?

Old 02-13-10, 08:36 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I saw it and hope to see it again. I kept switching channels because something else I like was on.
Much of the info we already knew but didn't know the wing was soooo important to stability and stopping the car from high speeds.
This is prolly the best car on the planet but why could Bugatti make it look a little better. I wouldn't call it ugly but it isn' pretty either. Some reduction of girth around the midsection would improve the looks tremendously.

The other thing that really interested me was the wheels. Very expensive and prolly way over priced. Since they were specially made for the car it would be hard to put on aftermarket wheels. That means that whenever I get rich enough, I can't get one. I won't drive a car i can't put wheels on.
Old 02-13-10, 09:49 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thanks for the heads up the other day

That is not what happened. You ASKED a question and you got different ANSWERS. Some agreed with you, some said the Prius, some said other cars.

Why are you bringing up that thread here?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-decade-5.html

post #70 is what I was referring to. Its relevant because we are talking about the veyron and its engineering magnificence . So with all due respect I remember this better than you
Old 02-13-10, 10:10 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-decade-5.html

post #70 is what I was referring to. Its relevant because we are talking about the veyron and its engineering magnificence . So with all due respect I remember this better than you
I still don't understand why you HAVE to bring it up (a negative moment to you) in this thread. This is a forum, people will post their opinions.

People can watch the movie, drive the car and they STILL might not agree with your thoughts on it.

Old 02-13-10, 10:34 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Last edited by I8ABMR; 02-13-10 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-14-10, 09:38 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Completely amazing.