Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

video of IS-F, NSX-R, Evo X rallyart, STI and nismo 370Z...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-10, 06:25 PM
AK-47
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

personly, I just want to share this nice video to our fourm mermbers here. I don't mean to show bad things about the IS-F here. but I defently thinks that the NSX-R should of win the race, but comes to think of it, it also comes down to the driver too.
Old 02-19-10, 06:30 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by AK-47
personly, I just want to share this nice video to our fourm mermbers here. I don't mean to show bad things about the IS-F here. but I defently thinks that the NSX-R should of win the race, but comes to think of it, it also comes down to the driver too.
Thanks for sharing its a great vid.

I would easily pick the NSX-R out the bunch. While it may not be fastest, it is by far the lightest and purest here. It was purpose built for the track. It sounds and looks great still.

The NSX-R is about feel and purity, not about the fastest track times. It is BY FAR the most involving.

The rest in comparison are simply suped up cars from lesser powerful versions and share parts/engines with other vehicles in some cases.

Not the NSX-R.

Old 02-19-10, 06:49 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thanks for sharing its a great vid.

I would easily pick the NSX-R out the bunch. While it may not be fastest, it is by far the lightest and purest here. It was purpose built for the track. It sounds and looks great still.
+1 as I would luv to own a NSX one day and as you noted the R takes it to the next level for those who spend more time on the track then the highway.

As for the rest of the cars, not withstanding the track results the IS-F would still be my choice of them if I wanted a high powered 1st class daily driver.
Old 02-20-10, 07:58 AM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MR_F1
erm..... was anybody expecting an IS-F to win an NSX-R, EVO, STi or Nismo 370Z ?
actually yes to everything except the NSX. the evo, sti aren't that fast and the nismo is definitely not much faster than a non-nismo 370z.
Old 02-20-10, 07:59 AM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UDel
I could not get the video to play but I still would expect the IS-F to possibly beat a EVO, STi, and certainly beat a Nismo 370Z at a track. I would expect the IS-F to destroy a 370Z as the Nismo model was not really any faster then a stock 370 in a recent comparison and they reported it felt bigger and heavier when pushed.

Unless the track was more suited for a awd turbo car I would still expect the IS-F to due well against a EVO and STi. I would not expect a EVO to be able to beat a NSX-R either.
oh snap, you read my mind.
Old 02-20-10, 08:03 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I'll take any of those cars really. Entertaining video. Output was expected though. That EVO has a crap load of power for its weight.
Old 02-20-10, 10:36 AM
Oleg400
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
erm..... was anybody expecting an IS-F to win an NSX-R, EVO, STi or Nismo 370Z ?
A fast pig vs anorexic pigs who'd win?
Old 02-20-10, 10:41 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

That nismo looks so sweet!
Old 02-20-10, 10:48 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by speedflex
Dude, way to give it away.
LMFAO
Old 02-20-10, 04:12 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

This was a completely lopsided and strange comparison. Who compares an NSX-R to an IS-F? A mid-engine super sports car being compared to a high performance sedan?

They may as well have used an HKS Supra in this comparison .

They did NOT use a standard NSX, standard STI, or even standard Evo. The TOM'S parts on the IS-F provided only minor benefit. The TOM'S parts on the IS-F were nowhere as extreme as the parts on the other cars. This is also considering the fact all the cars in the comparison were lighter than the IS-F, and smaller.

This is just another comparison in a long line of lopsided Best Motoring comparisons.
Old 02-20-10, 04:35 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

The video is provided as a form of entertainment. There are always these kinds of videos out there that will compare random cars. It gives us a perspective on automotive performance and how it there can be more than one way to be fast (ie not with just hp numbers).

Best Motoring has always done these kinds of tests anyways.

If you take a comedian too seriously, you'll never find him funny...

so relax...
Old 02-20-10, 04:38 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Many years ago Best Motoring used to have very meaningful comparisons, and people who remember those comparisons are probably upset by the lopsided comparisons they often do these days.
Old 02-20-10, 08:55 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

according to the video..

Evo has 300ps
NSX has 280ps
ISF has 423ps

ISF was placed at the front of the pack and was blocking/holding back everyone for quite sometime. Once everyone had a chance passed it... good bye. If it was placed at the end and not holding up traffic, the result would have been worse. On the street, it has the performance & luxury you can't beat.

The NSX is a legend...I am a great fan but it has way passed its prime. It still has that looks even after that many years.. It's definately a classic.

On the track the EVO is a force to be reckoned with.

forget what hp the WRX STI and 370Z have since I don't care much for these two.
Old 02-20-10, 09:34 PM
HarrierRX300
Lead Lap

I couldn't get the video to work?
Old 02-21-10, 11:12 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
This was a completely lopsided and strange comparison. Who compares an NSX-R to an IS-F? A mid-engine super sports car being compared to a high performance sedan?

They may as well have used an HKS Supra in this comparison .

They did NOT use a standard NSX, standard STI, or even standard Evo. The TOM'S parts on the IS-F provided only minor benefit. The TOM'S parts on the IS-F were nowhere as extreme as the parts on the other cars. This is also considering the fact all the cars in the comparison were lighter than the IS-F, and smaller.

This is just another comparison in a long line of lopsided Best Motoring comparisons.
Maybe. But it's still fun fodder to watch.

Quick Reply: video of IS-F, NSX-R, Evo X rallyart, STI and nismo 370Z...