Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The dark side exposed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-10, 11:04 AM
surrealSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the compliment guys,

I bought the car in New Jersey August of last year, to a Gentleman that had no idea what it was worth, given the condition of the car it would have sold for nearly 14-17k. He posted it for 9.5k on the forums and little did he know, have gotten tons of messages of interested. I knew this wasnt going to last too long so i called him and discussed arrangements, unfortunately i lived in vegas but fortunately my brother lives in New York and was kind enough to look at the car for me, my older brother also have had his share of M3s, E46 M3 and currently own the same M3 i was looking at with less option. He also as the passion for owning and finding nothing but the best. now as we spoke on the phone he told be that he realized that he lowballed himself offering the car for 9.5k and in my head agreed with him, but common tactics was to say it was priced accordingly not knowing the real condition it was really in. he decided to start taking bids on it! OH NO!

so i arrange a meet between my older brother and himself, and was very anxious to hear from my brother. he calls after a very long test drive and tells me all the specs. my brother is one to find the little smallest imperfections and did not find 1. the car was loaded out of the factory with every single option, also came with forged BBS LTW lightweight wheels which was a huge upgrade from the factory. Harmon Kardon sound system, power seats, OEM BMW motorsport X Brace etc.not one faulty function found. 90k miles with all inspections done at the dealer 5-10k before schedules, 2 binders FULL of maintenance records and receipts of parts. This thing was the real shebang. every increment of the cars history was in in time frame and mileage. it was just the perfect kept car.

now i was just not interested in a Dakar Yellow car and was really looking to get a red or white 4door m3. but given the condition this car was in, i learned to love the dakar yellow and knew i had the taste to pull off the ultimate killa bee. i called him and spoke to him and he told me he has people across the country that have interests in the car scheduling an appointment sunday that weekend and have bought airfare tickets already to come look at the car. I offered to leave a 1.5k deposit that first weekend and told him id give him 10.5k and will have the rest of the money to him by monday that week. And he definitely took the bit and sold me the car. i started getting massage PMs on the forum including the potential buyers, offering me 14k, 15k, 16k.

anyways that was just a short story told, it truely was a pretty rare find given its a 98 4door, 5SPD and condition. although it was found in Jersey it was clearly on southeast car for most of its life, no rust at all. the car was always garaged kept and weekend driven, nothing more.

Last edited by surrealSC; 02-24-10 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-24-10, 11:10 AM
surrealSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by infiniti24
***THIS IS A RANT***

You know what.......people on this forum are going from rude at times to just down right hateful

I posted a thread about my M3 I bought last year and people said nice car enjoy it etc

You post a thread not even a full year later and People give you grief

Why cant you just be nice and say something positive.

If the mods want to move it to OT fine

But the OP wanted to share his new car with us fellow SC drives not the IS drivers or the GS or LS.

He wanted to share something he enjoys with the same people who own the same car as him. People with a common interest.

This is the reason I hardly get on here any more its so negative

So anyways nice color and a great find looks like the PO took good care of it. Enjoy it

Ive all ways liked the color better on BMW then Subaru
thanks this shows exactly what my intentions were,

Again my intention in putting it in the SC300/400 section was to share common interests not to be told that it shouldnt be in what i now realize according to some people * A LEXUS ONLY * forum. now i think that was pretty rude.
Old 02-24-10, 11:17 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Great story! My wife also has a 98 E36 M3/4 5 speed. Hers wasn't in as quite a nice condition as yours when we bought it but was more heavily modified (which of course she entirely replaced/upgraded within a year ).

BTW, I'm sorry to have to agree with many of the others... a post about BMWs belongs in car chat (or digital photography, depending on your intent) and that is where I moved it earlier today. We keep the Lexus model forums full of topics just about that specific model and we have other sections of Club Lexus to share your non-Lexus content, regional and club meets, for sale items, etc. Otherwise it becomes one big jumble of random stuff...

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-24-10 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-24-10, 12:19 PM
RawkusX187
Lexus Test Driver

Trader!!! jk...my first love was the E36 M3 coupe
Old 02-24-10, 05:26 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Very sweet e36 M3, and I also like your SC. Also really great job on the photos they are breathtaking!
Old 02-24-10, 05:28 PM
LexFather

Congrats, it looks lovely with the mods (and even stock).