Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Chryslers production plans leaked

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-10, 12:37 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Chryslers production plans leaked

Chrysler, now led by Sergio Marchionne and the rest of the management crew brought in by Italian automaker Fiat, has big plans in place that will replace just about every single vehicle the American automaker currently offers. Judging from the purported list of new vehicle launches secured by the Mopar fanatics at Allpar, it would seem that new Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles will be hitting the market all through 2010 and well into 2011.

Looking over the list of 2010 production start dates, the first date to get excited about (barring the March 29th Viper production launch, of course – we're talking about for the mainstream market), is May 10th, which is when the thoroughly recreated Jeep Grand Cherokee will begin rolling down the assembly line. In mid-August, the 2011 Wrangler will make its initial appearance, and we're really hoping for a new powertrain combination for the venerable off-roader.

Towards the end of 2010, we should begin seeing the heavily revised Pentastar minivans along with the new Avenger and Sebring replacements, though the Chrysler midsizer seems likely to get a new moniker to erase memories of the current car. Finally, the three LX-based cars – those being the Challenger, Charger and 300 – will go into production in November, followed closely by the North American 2012 Fiat 500. Keep it together, Chrysler.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/04/f...rtedly-leaked/
Old 03-04-10, 04:59 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I think that all Chrysler brands, except Jeep, will soon be eligible for orphan car shows. As it was for AMC, the Jeep brand will be the only likely surviver after being sold, likely to an Asian buyer. Fiat is in way over their head.
Old 03-04-10, 06:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

whats funny is that when I first read the article and read the title saying that their plans leaked the first thing that came to mind was........ does Chrysler have plans???

They need a plan for Jeep. The brand name is so old and known but they cant design one with Toyota reliability to save their lives. Jeep wrangler is the worst vehicle I have ever driven in my life. In my opinion the car is garbage. I rented a couple of them in Hawaii and could not believe that the interior was about as nice as my moms old 81 Datsun 210 station wagon, it also had a transmission with 3 speeds. I couldn't drive the car over 70 - 75 because the car just couldn't handle it and the roof looked like it was going to be ripped off. The only good thing I would say about the Jeep is that it had a impressive turning radius, but generally it was not my cup of tea. The first night I was there I drove the jeep. As soon as we got 20 miles away I called to see if they had a corvette convertible and they said they did but by the time I went out for dinner , dropped my luggage off, and went back they had rented it. DAMN!!!! Now the Vette is not treat on the inside but is light years better than a Jeep wrangler

Last edited by I8ABMR; 03-04-10 at 06:49 PM.