Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Spoon racing is already developing parts for the CRZ!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-10, 01:40 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

....how does this two door econo hatch relate to the 5 door CT or luxury sedan HS?

Either way it looks like an Odyssey that someone stepped on and then put in a shrink machine.
Old 03-10-10, 01:41 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I would bet 100 bucks that the CRZ tuned will outperform a Prius/HS250. No matter how you look at it this is evolution for tuners. They are working hybrids. Thats awesome. I would have expected you to be excited about that. Guess not
Toyota and Lexus do not market nor intend to have the Prius/HS 250 be sporty cars. Honda has deliberately marketed this car as a fun hybrid and has the audacity to say it is somehow the successor to the CRX. I would hope a small 2 seater drives sportier than a tall 5 door and a tall sedan. Its a shame its SLOWER than the HS. That is a joke.

What we get is ugly, based on a previous car, with the old and half *** hybrid IMA system.

Do I think its great to have another hybrid available? Yes.

Is this another ugly joke? Yes.

I mean we already got the failure Insight now we are getting a CR-Z using the SAME engine/hybrid tech? It makes sense fiscally but its an utter dud to me.

Old 11-04-10, 10:42 PM
MugenZF1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

b4 u guys talk bout the crz in and put it down do some research

this things puts out 533+ on a hybrid plant 1.5

http://stickydiljoe.com/2010/11/02/e...bisimoto-cr-z/
Old 11-04-10, 10:57 PM
MugenZF1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Oleg400
At least it looks a CRAP load better than what Lexus came up with. HS looks fail CT looks fail etc... Looks a crap load better than the CT 200h. The day Honda does create a V8 or a new NSX you will probably try and take a dump on that too. All the unicorn crap and everyone pointing and laughing at Honda was soo 2009, 2010 is the year of Toyota.
I like it looks cool.
Originally Posted by blacksc400
Not feeling it, the CTH looks much better.
I am a heavy modder, but I don't understand modifiing a Hybrid, totally defeating it's purpose. What? make it looks fast?
do research b4 u go on talk **** about a car. and correction to u oleg honda does have a v8 its call a mugen legend max

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car...max-auto_shows
Old 11-05-10, 12:32 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Any car can be modded to make power. What's pathetic is the stock output. Some people rather not modify brand new cars.

While the Bisimoto CR-Z is impressive, I would hope it makes power with upgraded forged pistons and valvetrain. Modified, I like the way the CR-Z looks.

At the point of having so much power from the IC engine, the IMA system becomes useless unless it is modified as well. Having an additional 13hp to a 500whp car makes no real difference at all.
Old 11-05-10, 12:35 AM
MugenZF1
Driver School Candidate

^ yup that is true the ima is probably gonna be something they gonna work on but who knows we will see
Old 11-05-10, 12:38 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MugenZF1
b4 u guys talk bout the crz in and put it down do some research

this things puts out 533+ on a hybrid plant 1.5

http://stickydiljoe.com/2010/11/02/e...bisimoto-cr-z/
Sorry but you are posting about a car that debuted this week and then complaining about posts made months ago? The car didn't EXIST.

Originally Posted by MugenZF1
do research b4 u go on talk **** about a car. and correction to u oleg honda does have a v8 its call a mugen legend max

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car...max-auto_shows
This is not how one introduces themselves around here please watch your tone. You are then talking about a V-8 not produced and never will be produced on a concept from 5 years ago.

Originally Posted by GSteg
Any car can be modded to make power. What's pathetic is the stock output. Some people rather not modify brand new cars.

While the Bisimoto CR-Z is impressive, I would hope it makes power with upgraded forged pistons and valvetrain. Modified, I like the way the CR-Z looks.

At the point of having so much power from the IC engine, the IMA system becomes useless unless it is modified as well. Having an additional 13hp to a 500whp car makes no real difference at all.
This. Its heavily modifed, shall we post every modifed vehicle? It is impressive but no one is going to buy a 21k CR-Zzzzzz to dump at least 10k in an engine.

What are performance figures? 0-60? 0-100? 0-150? Skipdad? Etc?