Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Which car would attract more ladies?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-10, 10:54 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
A good education, high-paying job, and a decent level of fitness combined with a decent clean premium car will help.
well said brother. I think it hilarious that guys think the car is going to get them laid.....maybe in high school by the skankiest of the skanks. women want security. That means a nice home and fat *** bank account. If you think differently I am afraid you need to date women and not girls
Old 03-14-10, 11:05 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know. The GT-R is not that popular and it looks kinda like the mitsu eclipse... girls can't tell the difference.

R8, AMG, M badges...those are stuff the recognise.

Also, if your car is drastically different from stock and looks nice, They'll dig it.... and to get laid? That would be the person and not the car.
Old 03-14-10, 11:07 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I agree that women ( other than my wife and sister in law) do not appreciate what the GTR really is. They would see the Nissan badge and say well its just a Nissan.

The badge power is strong with the ladies usually and thats because they have heard of the expensive brands....again money and security is what they desire. The car is a symbol of that money and security.
Old 03-15-10, 04:38 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When i lived in Phoenix, girls always liked big trucks the best.
Old 03-15-10, 11:00 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Faymester
Lady says:

Buying your car to attract girls = sad, don't do it.
It IS sad - but it's just as sad that it works... eh?

Originally Posted by TommyJames
Based on my experience, women go for status and security, not speed.
Absolutely. A Camaro is fast. Who cares? Same thing as a motorcycle. It's not the speed - it's the exclusivity of the vehicle. If you have something that most guys cannot afford, than you are a better bet for status and security than most other guys are.. Real simple.

Originally Posted by hidfanatic
I don't know about you guys but I think the Audi r8 tops all in terms of attracting girls...
The Audi R8 is certainly up there...

A good education, high-paying job, and a decent level of fitness combined with a decent clean premium car will help.
Sure, that'll work. But I guarantee you that more often than not - and a lot more often than not - a woman will take the guy with the more expensive, exclusive vehicle. Take two men who are equal in appearance and personality - and without knowing more - the man with the more expensive car wins the girl. It means while both are attractive and pleasant to be around, ONE is more successful and likely to be financially independent.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
well said brother. I think it hilarious that guys think the car is going to get them laid.....maybe in high school by the skankiest of the skanks. women want security. That means a nice home and fat *** bank account. If you think differently I am afraid you need to date women and not girls
It's actually NOT hilarious at all. You just said it yourself. Women want security. This means money. If you just meet two guys and you have to choose one over the other - they're both equally attractive and you're just as comfortable with one than the other - WHY would you choose the guy with the $20k car over the one with the $80k car? The guy with the $20k car probably rents an apartment. The guy with the $80k car probably has that nice home you mentioned AND the "fat ***" bank account you admire so much...

The ONLY logical reason to choose the guy with the cheap car, at this point, is because you feel too insecure with the guy who's got money.

I'm married. And I've been with some of the hottest women. So this all means crap to me at this point in my life. I just find it very silly when women blab on about how ridiculous it is for men to buy cars to impress them when most women are, indeed, so impressed with a man's material things (expensive car, clothes, jewelry, home, big bank account, etcetera).
Old 03-15-10, 11:20 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
I

It's actually NOT hilarious at all. You just said it yourself. Women want security. This means money. If you just meet two guys and you have to choose one over the other - they're both equally attractive and you're just as comfortable with one than the other - WHY would you choose the guy with the $20k car over the one with the $80k car? The guy with the $20k car probably rents an apartment. The guy with the $80k car probably has that nice home you mentioned AND the "fat ***" bank account you admire so much...

The ONLY logical reason to choose the guy with the cheap car, at this point, is because you feel too insecure with the guy who's got money.

I'm married. And I've been with some of the hottest women. So this all means crap to me at this point in my life. I just find it very silly when women blab on about how ridiculous it is for men to buy cars to impress them when most women are, indeed, so impressed with a man's material things (expensive car, clothes, jewelry, home, big bank account, etcetera).
Thanks for posting Sal, said it for me.

Only on the internet do people try to act that people don't buy things to impress other people and that other people are not impressed by such things.

Superficial yes but it is reality.

Old 03-15-10, 11:22 AM
GTSLEX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Stock with a drop and it looks fantastic!

I think the GT-R makes its presence known when somebody sees it in person. Its a large vehicle and is sporty and aggresive looking. if this had a premium badge... pcar,m,amg women would be all over it like white on rice.
Old 03-15-10, 11:26 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GTSLEX
I think the GT-R makes its presence known when somebody sees it in person. Its a large vehicle and is sporty and aggresive looking. if this had a premium badge... pcar,m,amg women would be all over it like white on rice.
It doesn't have a premium badge and most people don't know or even care what it is.

Of course us enthusiasts luv it.
Old 03-15-10, 11:30 AM
GTSLEX
Lead Lap

I think people buy cars as a status symbal. you can buy a camaro,mustang,sti,evo,z and it may perform similar to to premium cars but they are a dime a dozen. People buy pcars,m,amg because its more exclusive. Whether they are gold diggers or not, it sends a message to all women, but it could be bad or good.
Old 03-15-10, 11:32 AM
GTSLEX
Lead Lap

It doesn't have a premium badge and most people don't know or even care what it is.

Of course us enthusiasts luv it.
Hence my comment "if this had a premium badge... pcar,m,amg women would be all over it like white on rice"
Old 03-15-10, 11:33 AM
jaseman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I've been married for 8 years, and been with her for close to 12. So the last thing I'm doing is trying to pull girls with my vehicles. That said...

Most people, women or men, don't know jack about cars. They only know the badges, and unless they own one, could usually not tell the difference between a 3 or 5 series. Or a 911 and Caymen, or whatever.

If a vehicle IS going to attract a member of the opposite sex, it's going to be for one of a few specific reasons:

1. Financial status. This has been hit upon here already. An expensive looking car says you have money and power, be it true or not.

2. Cool factor. We who know cars have a very different idea of what cool is than the general public. To the average girl/guy on the street, HP, technology, handling, etc. mean nothing. Convertibles are cool to them, and so are 'sporty' looking cars. If she thinks it "cute", it'll impress her more than how big the turbo is, how much money you sank into it, or how fast it is around the 'Ring.

3. Image. What does she think the vehicle says about you? Nothing screams 'manly bad-***' more than a truck or motorcycle. If she's attracted to the rough and tumble type, these are your two best options. Period.

So out of the original list? the 911 or Benz. If she lives in an already fairly well-off area, the 911. If not, the Benz. But really, do you want a girl who is only attracted to you for the car?

On the same subject, when I owned the Miata, I got more looks when cruising around then I ever did in the Lexus, or any other car/truck I've ever owned. Women think their cute and fun, and want to ride around in a convertible. But nothing turns heads like the motorcycle. Lot's of women like the rough/outlaw/bad-boy image that is associated with 2-wheels. It's the perceived sense of danger and excitement. Even though most of us lead a normal life.
Old 03-15-10, 11:41 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GTSLEX
I think people buy cars as a status symbal. you can buy a camaro,mustang,sti,evo,z and it may perform similar to to premium cars but they are a dime a dozen. People buy pcars,m,amg because its more exclusive. Whether they are gold diggers or not, it sends a message to all women, but it could be bad or good.
Well even MEN buy it for status. The GT-R will only have 315 models for 2011. They are selling okay but nothing great. Meanwhile people continue to lineup for 911s, Turbos etc.

The bottom line is no matter how great a car, the higher the asking price, the more badge means. We have even discussed how Lexus with the LFA is going against names like Ferrari and Lambo which is badge on a level rarely seen.

Old 03-15-10, 11:44 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

You guys are right on target.. We agree.. More often than not, the man is the bread-winner of the family. If not for various other reasons, at the very least, because the woman is going to be a mother and drop-out of the work environment for at least some time...

That being said, there's a saying that goes something like this.. All men pay for sex directly, or indirectly, one way or another... You're either buying drinks at the bar, dinner, movies, jewelry, cars, houses, whatever. You're either spending days, months or years paying - or you're spending 30 minutes at the Jack Shack and keeping it real simple.

An expensive car is just another way of paying for it. It's all about supply and demand. A woman can walk into a mall wearing a shirt that says, "I'm ready, willing and able - let's get it on", and she'll have a number of interested parties in less than 60 seconds. Unless you're a guy who's a rock star / movie star, try that and see what happens... Good luck..

The car helps - whether you like it or not - period. As mentioned, yes, it's cold and superficial - but it's a fact of life...

Thanks for posting Sal, said it for me.

Only on the internet do people try to act that people don't buy things to impress other people and that other people are not impressed by such things.

Superficial yes but it is reality.
Originally Posted by jaseman
OK, I've been married for 8 years, and been with her for close to 12. So the last thing I'm doing is trying to pull girls with my vehicles. That said...
Old 03-15-10, 11:47 AM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

It IS sad - but it's just as sad that it works... eh?
Not really sad. It's called instinct. It's bourne into us that we seek out those who are the wheat, as opposed to the chaff. Some just do it with more tact than others and aren't as superficial while doing so. Driving a well maintained but not upper 5 figure car is just as respectable, in other words.

Absolutely. A Camaro is fast. Who cares? Same thing as a motorcycle. It's not the speed - it's the exclusivity of the vehicle. If you have something that most guys cannot afford, than you are a better bet for status and security than most other guys are.. Real simple.
You may be, provided you have the intelligence to keep them. Or, you could be like some of the music "artists" who get paid in cars, have handlers who actually know how to manage money, and end up as paupers because of it. Much like doing repairs on a vehicle requires more skill than brute force in most cases.

The Audi R8 is certainly up there...
Agreed. Love this ride. R8 V-10 with Stark 4 as the license plate would be cool, too.

Sure, that'll work. But I guarantee you that more often than not - and a lot more often than not - a woman will take the guy with the more expensive, exclusive vehicle. Take two men who are equal in appearance and personality - and without knowing more - the man with the more expensive car wins the girl. It means while both are attractive and pleasant to be around, ONE is more successful and likely to be financially independent.
You gave the variable, though - without knowing more. Perhaps the man with the more expensive car spent all of his savings to have the image he wanted to project, versus the guy who saves, can afford whatever he really needs, and is happy with a decent vehicle. It's not a guarantee that driving a nicer or even more exclusive ride is a sign of financial independence. See reference to the people above.

Security doesn't just mean money, mang. What about if the guy is out catting around on her while she takes care of the family? Is she secure? Absolutely not. Is he secure? Nope - he's not only opened himself up to losing what money he might have, but likely put himself at risk because he's out catting around. Much more likely to get someone else pregnant, get an STD, or worse. And yes, I do know people who drive $80K cars and don't have crap in the bank, live in a rental house, and are happy. It's about their priorities sometimes. Rental house = no maintenance on his part. No money in the bank because he doesn't feel the need to save more than his 401(k) and wants to enjoy it while he's young. Has a decent job, makes okay money, but certainly isn't in a great position to provide for someone else (or a family), and that's okay for now. If the situation changes, he's prepared to make changes, it will just take more time.

That's not logic. That's instinct. Her gut tells her she's not secure with him. Logic would tell her to get more information.

I just find it very silly when women blab on about how ridiculous it is for men to buy cars to impress them when most women are, indeed, so impressed with a man's material things (expensive car, clothes, jewelry, home, big bank account, etcetera).
And yet, guys are sitting here asking which car will help them get the womens who are supposedly the ones who are superficial. I think it works both ways. Men are attracted to shiny things that make noise, go fast, and make them feel alive when using them. Womens are attracted to men who can afford the shiny things they like. That's instinct.

I enjoy nice things. I literally couldn't care less if someone else is impressed by them - they're mine, not theirs. I know others are impressed by such things, and while I enjoy nice cars and things, if the person who owns them or anything else is a douchebag, there is about the same level of impression as when I pull a finger out of a bowl of water - none. Live your life for you. Buy what you want. If you are lucky enough to share it with someone, be happy. Not sure why that's such a hard concept...

Big Mack
Old 03-15-10, 12:00 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Hey, Big Mack. Good input - you make a lot of sense. The only thing I don't agree with is where your point is going.. The "car" itself "gets" the interest. It doesn't "hold" the interest. That's the job of the man himself. His personality. His actual level of success. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

I think what we're really talking about here, and correct me if I'm wrong, is what gets a girl/woman's initial interest. If you can't hold onto her interest after that, than you're S.O.L. But that's another discussion altogether...

Quick Reply: Which car would attract more ladies?