Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

KBB online study: Hyundai owners research their own brand more than others

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-10, 04:42 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
lmfao.....

Anyway considering the buying of loyalty with incentives and 6 months no payments and buying the car back etc etc is it surprising.

I do believe though, if they have the first sign of trouble (again), people will flee quickly.

why are you laughing?

value oriented buyers will most likely buy value oriented cars. these buyers chose hyundai because most likely they thought hyundai was a better value. and i really don't think another witchhunt will happen anytime soon. Hyundai should be fine as long as they learn from toyota's mistake.
Old 03-15-10, 04:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Then why are you here?
Come on. We have a LOT of non-Lexus owners here on CAR CHAT, including me. One well-respected CL moderator, BTW, is also among them.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-15-10 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-15-10, 04:58 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

well, i was here long before. i was here actually 7-8 years ago. but i lost my username/password, so i didn't bother to retrieve the name. back then i was driving my mom's ES300. that was the reason i came here in the first place.
Old 03-15-10, 04:59 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by (Cj)
I'd wait for a real study that outlines actual sales to say that Hyundai has REALLY surpassed Honda and Toyota in this regard.
Toyota, I can believe.....their sales are down quite a bit, of course, from the recent bad publicity.
Old 03-15-10, 05:00 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Come on. We have a LOT of non-Lexus owners on CAR CHAT, including me. One well-respected CL moderator, BTW, is also among them.
You and the well-respected CL moderator are not a Hyundai or any other brand forum informercial.

Last edited by Joeb427; 03-15-10 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-15-10, 06:03 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Mods, I would recommend changing the thread title as it is misleading and inaccurate.

This study doesn't mean much since this is just saying that people that own Hyundais are going to a website to research newer Hyundais. It doesn't mean they're actually buying them.

I'd wait for a real study that outlines actual sales to say that Hyundai has REALLY surpassed Honda and Toyota in this regard.
Exactly. Look at this quote:

According to the latest Kelley Blue Book www.kbb.com Market Intelligence data, brand loyalty for Hyundai recently surpassed that of Honda and Toyota, leading Hyundai's brand loyalty to the No. 1 spot among car shoppers on Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com.
So this is market data based on online visitors, NOT based on actual buyers.

I'll wait for a real study like the JD Power owner loyalty survey.

Originally Posted by joe80
You should read the article first.

This Kelley Blue Book Market Intelligence data analysis examined site traffic to used-car trade-in pages and new-car pricing report pages on Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com, and compared loyalty data from Q4 2009 to February 1 - 28, 2010. The Kelley Blue Book Values data within this release represents month-over-month used-vehicle depreciation percentages.
You just proved Cj's point, as well as mine.

This "study" is still based on site traffic, NOT actual owner loyalty.

so you guys never actually believed toyota being #1 before? toyota and honda was perennial #1 & 2 by KBB, you know?
Ever looked at JD Power owner loyalty data? That is more influential in the industry than KBB's "market intelligence data" .
Old 03-15-10, 06:21 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Mods, I would recommend changing the thread title as it is misleading and inaccurate.
Premature might (?) be a better term than inaccurate.

I'll wait for a real study like the JD Power owner loyalty survey.

Ever looked at JD Power owner loyalty data?

Power's OK, but Consumer Reports, IMHO, does an even better one.
Old 03-15-10, 06:30 PM
LexFather

why are you laughing?

value oriented buyers will most likely buy value oriented cars. these buyers chose hyundai because most likely they thought hyundai was a better value. and i really don't think another witchhunt will happen anytime soon. Hyundai should be fine as long as they learn from toyota's mistake.
I'm laughing b/c really who cares? To me it seems most like the brand here but the constant threads about cars I know I'll never buy (nor most here) are getting old.

I'm not going to argue about Internet traffic awards.

Old 03-15-10, 06:38 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I think most people only buy Hyndai because it does offer more for the buck. Price it on par with Toyota/Honda and it wont sell.

Fortunately for Hundai, they are able to undercut their competition because of numerous factors, that were discussed on this board multiple times.
Old 03-15-10, 06:47 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joeb427
You and the well-respected CL moderator are not a Hyundai or any other brand forum informercial.
I know seriously. In his Kia Optima posts he posted 50% of the comments to his own post. It's just getting to be too much. I don't mind the guy but he goes WAY overboard, like a literal Hyundai/Kia infomercial.
Old 03-15-10, 06:51 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

lol

only in a lexus forum i get bashed for posting hyundai/kia AUTOBLOG articles.
Old 03-15-10, 06:52 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Come on guys... Joe is clearly a Hyundai/Kia fan, but his posts are generally balanced. He doesn't spew nonsense about Lexus and other brands, like some other members do.
Old 03-15-10, 06:53 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

I know seriously. In his Kia Optima posts he posted 50% of the comments to his own post. It's just getting to be too much. I don't mind the guy but he goes WAY overboard, like a literal Hyundai/Kia infomercial.

just don't read it dude.
Old 03-15-10, 06:54 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Och
Come on guys... Joe is clearly a Hyundai/Kia fan, but his posts are generally balanced. He doesn't spew nonsense about Lexus and other brands, like some other members do.

only bad mouthing from me was LFA which i'm not the only one who just can't believe its outrageous price. i love most lexuses.
Old 03-15-10, 06:55 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy

not my title. click the link. tell that to KBB or autoblog.

Quick Reply: KBB online study: Hyundai owners research their own brand more than others