Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

KBB online study: Hyundai owners research their own brand more than others

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-10, 06:57 PM
LexFather

He's not getting bashed the obvious is being stated. That said everyone let's move on and comment on the article.

Again comment on the article. Thanks

Old 03-15-10, 07:09 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

thread title edited

Old 03-15-10, 07:15 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by joe80
lol

only in a lexus forum i get bashed for posting hyundai/kia AUTOBLOG articles.
The Toyota bias can get so blind at times. Many will shoot you down unless you sing Toyota praise....even if its from a reputable source like KBB or Autoblog for that matter. I am typing this right now knowing that they will most likely attack me, like they did the OP and even mmarshall who knows more about cars than 99% of the members on the forum. Many hear that toyota is not number one for a second and then the responses becomes "who cares I would never buy that car" or that the info needs to be taken from a different source. Toyota is not infallible .....clearly shown in the recent events

People who call themselves enthusiasts need to realize that they will need to continue to learn about the market considering its dynamic nature . Toyota will not be on top for ever boys and girls

Hyundai is building steam faster than most of the Japanese brands I came up with and I happy to see that the Koreans are putting some serious pressure on the Japanese. I feel like Toyota is particular has been slipping a little since 2005 in terms of quality and Hyundai is there to pick up the slack. I am sure that the current events are going to get a lot of consumers to look elsewhere. Consumers were paying the premium toyota prices because it was reliable and safe. Now the safety issue is bringing question into the mind of many people out there. This will result in consumers seeing that Hyundai is a real alternative to Toyota and will switch brand loyalty. In this economy people are being more frugal and shopping around a bit more for the best deal. Hyundai is a better value than a Toyota in more than a few cases and when you add the media hype and recall issues this may be just what Hyundai needs to steal some of the toyota customers

I have been driving a Hyundai Sonata for the last 5 days ( and an Armada) and I am telling you that the car is just as nice as a camry or accord hands down. I think that the ride quaiity in the Hyundai is better than the Camrys I have driven in the past. The interior is comparable, size similar, handling similar, but Hyundai gives a far better warranty

Hyundai deserves respect for the distance it has come in the last few years with their warranty program, excellent and competitive products, and rapidly changing image amongst foriegn car buyers. Why buy a stripped Toyota when you can get a nicer Hyundai????? This is the question that many economy buyers are saying as they pull the trigger on their new vehicles

Last edited by I8ABMR; 03-15-10 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-15-10, 07:29 PM
LexFather

Thumbs down

^^^ thanks for ignoring the warning and adding to a made up rant . This is a Lexus forum of course there will be bias. That said to claim it's blind is beyond ridiculous a it's clear we do not stand nor post threads/posts all pro Toyota and anti everything as you are making up.

Now exit the thread since you came to stir the pot and not comment on the topic.

Now for the last time everyone post about the topic.

Last edited by LexFather; 03-15-10 at 07:33 PM.

Old 03-15-10, 08:36 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You know, I finally read the fine print and the article title (and hence this thread's title) is quite misleading.

But Hyundai likes to use certain headlines to their advantage, like being the most fuel efficient car company in the U.S and such...
Old 03-15-10, 08:51 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
You know, I finally read the fine print and the article title (and hence this thread's title) is quite misleading.

But Hyundai likes to use certain headlines to their advantage, like being the most fuel efficient car company in the U.S and such...

this isn't a hyundai article. it's by AUTOBLOG and by KBB. not from hyundai.

and hyundai is the most fuel efficient car company in the U.S. if a car company want that title, then they shouldn't make thirsty V8 trucks.
Old 03-15-10, 09:14 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by joe80
this isn't a hyundai article. it's by AUTOBLOG and by KBB. not from hyundai.

and hyundai is the most fuel efficient car company in the U.S. if a car company want that title, then they shouldn't make thirsty V8 trucks.
Lol thy barely are the best in mpg without trucks. Not exactly bragging rights. So I guess we should not have thirsty v8s and big trucks? Wait the F150 is the best selling vehicle 30 years in a row or So...

Yet Kia makes a big thirsty Borrego (which I like).

Hyundai has no answer to hybrids until the new sonata. I'm sure we will hear all about it.

Old 03-15-10, 09:21 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

again, there is nothing misleading about the title. Hyundai beat Honda for being the most fuel efficient company. Honda held that title before hyundai. when honda held the title, did people call honda out? misleading? no.

it's just a average mpg on their cars. nothing more, nothing less.

genesis - the best fuel economy
sonata - the bst fuel economy
accent - top 3
elantra - top 5
azera - top 5(refresh)
tucson - top 5

and hyundai will only get better
Old 03-15-10, 11:05 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Actually people did call Honda out at that time, because Honda never was, and still is not a full line automaker.

Hyundai is also not a full-line automaker in the US.