Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Thread: Infiniti QX56 (now QX80)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-10, 10:38 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

What buzz? Nissan fans, b list rappers and 4 other people? At least they have a booth there, Dallas, Atlanta, LA and other cities had no Infiniti booth.
B list cities..
Old 03-31-10, 10:41 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

This thing as unattractive as it is, will eat up the sales of the GX 460 and LX 570. And i've seen the GX 460 in person finally a couple of times it looks better imo not by much though.
Old 03-31-10, 10:47 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LexusChris
This thing as unattractive as it is, will eat up the sales of the GX 460 and LX 570. And i've seen the GX 460 in person finally a couple of times it looks better imo not by much though.
Getting past looks, you get a lot here for the money and with the usual discounts and move to blingage I think its going to be well received as people are blind and will buy just about anything. Quite frankly I am not super impressed with the GX or LX as I felt the boundaries were not pushed enough compared to the previous models (which were great vehicles).

Is it coming in AWD and RWD or just AWD? Since its 6,000 lbs it smartly qualifies for business depreciation credits.

Bottom line its not for me or many of us but we all know people that this appeals to and I predict it will do well.

Old 03-31-10, 10:48 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusChris
This thing as unattractive as it is, will eat up the sales of the GX 460 and LX 570.
I wouldn't go that far. The last gen didn't sell at all even though it was at a much more attractive price with a ton more horsepower than the GX. The GX will probably continue to sell well. Not many people buy Infiniti CUV/SUVs (see: EX/FX).
Old 03-31-10, 11:04 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

The GX and the QX are both unattractive IMO. However out of the two monstrosities I prefer the Infiniti. The QX I think with a blacked out grill and a darker color may be saved. The GX on the other hand comes off awkward and more Toyota like than Lexus like.
Old 03-31-10, 11:12 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GFerg
The GX and the QX are both unattractive IMO. However out of the two monstrosities I prefer the Infiniti. The QX I think with a blacked out grill and a darker color may be saved. The GX on the other hand comes off awkward and more Toyota like than Lexus like.
The GX is surpassing its modest 14k sales goal thus far. I think some will cross shop and well, you get a bigger, seemingly more luxurious package than the GX here around 60k. I am sure the QX will appeal to the Escalade bunch and the GX to those that don't want the bling.

The FX 50 and QX56 have nearly the same base MSRP but are very different.

Old 03-31-10, 11:22 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow! You do get a lot for the money! Kudos to Infiniti for that.

But there is a great reason why LX costs so much more; offroad technology that's worth every penny. Its just doesn't get any better than Land Cruiser for offroading and LX upgrades luxury on top of that. Lexus is stupid for not offering it in Europe, instead they are selling Toyota LC V8 (4.7) for the price of Lexus LX570. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Old 03-31-10, 11:33 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The GX is surpassing its modest 14k sales goal thus far. I think some will cross shop and well, you get a bigger, seemingly more luxurious package than the GX here around 60k. I am sure the QX will appeal to the Escalade bunch and the GX to those that don't want the bling.

The FX 50 and QX56 have nearly the same base MSRP but are very different.
Im not surprised that the GX is hitting its goal. I think people still prefer modest safe designs over bling. But I really do not see them being crossed shopped that much. Only thing I find comparable is the price. It seems to be larger than the GX. I think Escalade, Navigator, and certain Range Rovers will be the core market for the QX.
Old 03-31-10, 12:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yes, i will also say both the gx and qx aren't attractive at all. but if i have to choose, i will choose the gx. the weird curve lines on the qx are just too weird.

and to me, lx looks better overall way above the two
Old 03-31-10, 01:34 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GFerg
Im not surprised that the GX is hitting its goal. I think people still prefer modest safe designs over bling. But I really do not see them being crossed shopped that much. Only thing I find comparable is the price. It seems to be larger than the GX. I think Escalade, Navigator, and certain Range Rovers will be the core market for the QX.
Yeah in reality the GX and QX are not in the same class and probably won't be cross-shopped.

The QX = Japanese Escalade/Navigator
The GX = Japanese Land Rover
Old 03-31-10, 01:44 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

are they really going to add those ugly azz buick vents on the side....FAILED

on that note, i like it, not an LX but its ready to roll...im sure people looking @ this will not be thinking about an GX. GX, 4 Runners and highlanders have the same buyers
Old 03-31-10, 02:07 PM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Very nice. An upgrade from the tank box.
Old 03-31-10, 02:15 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the face of nightmares...

nevertheless, this will sell much better than the turd of last generation.
Old 03-31-10, 02:28 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

i think the GX looks good...seen a few on the road already
Old 03-31-10, 02:38 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

side profile isn't bad.

overall a very sleek look compared to the LX, partly because of the higher belt line, which makes the windows look smaller in proportion to the door sheet metal.

And it's really not that curvy if you look at it.

edges are softened, but it's not like there are curves everywhere.

cover the front, and it looks like the next iteration of a range rover.

the blacked out A pillar goes well with dark tint.

after staring at the curves on this QX, the LX looks dated.

If i were buying a large SUV, I'd definitely get the QX over the LX, and then send the bish to the custom body shop for a face lift.

Last edited by dunnojack; 03-31-10 at 02:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Official Thread: Infiniti QX56 (now QX80)