Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus confirms launch of F-sport trim level (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-10 | 09:33 AM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
You have GOT to be ****ting me. Seriously?
I think you sum up my feelings perfectly.
Old 03-31-10 | 09:55 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Andy
That article is a bit late as the F-Sport has been available for at least 3 months or so in the UK. I saw my first one in the showroom when I took my IS in for a service in January.
It's pretty disappointing - bigger wheels and sports seats and that's about your lot. No increase in performance - you get the choice of 2.5 litre petrol or 2.2 litre diesel in standard tune plus no suspension or handling mods. All in all just a cosmetic exercise - for a rather eye-watering £29,365.

Come on Lexus - get your finger out!
Originally Posted by UpSideDown
Have seen a black one at my dealers show room. The only things I like on this "version" is the alcantara IS-F front seats and the IS-F trunk spoiler. The "F" grill was a big disappointment. It looks and feels cheap (compares to the regular one or the real IS-F grill. It wobbles a bit when you push it lightly with your hand. And the blue F badges on the fender looks really odd. The wheels are the regular ISP 18" wheel. Nothing special with them. There are none f-performance parts on this car and not even the GFX kit.
Ouch. Thats sad that the first iteration of this is fail, but hopefully there will be a better version on the 3G IS. Something more akin to the LS Sport would be awesome and it needs to be available globally.

Btw is the LS Sport available in the UK?