Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus confirms launch of F-sport trim level (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-10, 10:35 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus confirms launch of F-sport trim level (UK)

Lexus confirms M-sport rival

29 March, 2010

Lexus has confirmed the launch of its F-sport trim level set to rival BMW’s M-sport cars and Audi’s S-line spec level.

The additional specification grade joins as part of a host of upgrades for the entire IS range.

F-sport cars now include a boot-lid spoiler, 18-inch alloys, sports seats, aluminium pedals and a leather interior.

The entire range also sees improvements in fuel economy and emissions, while the SE trim level gains 17-inch alloys.

Prices for the revised range start at £24,350.Lexus has confirmed the launch of its F-sport trim level set to rival BMW’s M-sport cars and Audi’s S-line spec level.

The additional specification grade joins as part of a host of upgrades for the entire IS range.

F-sport cars now include a boot-lid spoiler, 18-inch alloys, sports seats, aluminium pedals and a leather interior.

The entire range also sees improvements in fuel economy and emissions, while the SE trim level gains 17-inch alloys.

Prices for the revised range start at £24,350.
Old 03-29-10, 11:46 AM
LexFather

Good find. ...I wonder what the sport seats look like.

Old 03-29-10, 12:08 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Great news - shows movement for Lexus in a really positive direction for performance seekers and enthusiasts.
Old 03-29-10, 01:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

great move, definitely in the right direction!
Old 03-29-10, 01:16 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

I'm just hoping we see something like this at Lexus US. Maybe an F-Sport trim will debut with the next gen GS?
Old 03-30-10, 01:42 AM
Haitwun
Pole Position

So... GS-F to rival the M5 and E63 AMG? LS-F to rival the S class AMG and 7series?

What about a CT-F? That would be cool
Old 03-30-10, 02:18 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont know why they dont mention suspension upgrade, that should be a given, plus sportier steering wheel, and more interior upgrades like suede headliner...
Old 03-30-10, 07:46 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Haitwun
So... GS-F to rival the M5 and E63 AMG? LS-F to rival the S class AMG and 7series?

A GS-F would be badass. An LS-F would be badass too (which would take a step up from the LS460L Sport)..........though I don't know if Lexus would dethrone the LS600 hybrid in favor of the LS-F as the flagship variant of the LS
Old 03-30-10, 11:26 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's fine with LS-F and LS600HL. Different approach.
Mercedes has S600 and S63 S65!
Old 03-30-10, 12:42 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

A logical step with top tier premium cars.
Old 03-30-10, 01:07 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Haitwun

Originally Posted by Blackraven
A GS-F would be badass. An LS-F would be badass too (which would take a step up from the LS460L Sport)..........though I don't know if Lexus would dethrone the LS600 hybrid in favor of the LS-F as the flagship variant of the LS
Originally Posted by blacksc400
That's fine with LS-F and LS600HL. Different approach.
Mercedes has S600 and S63 S65!
This thread is about F-Sport packages/trims not about a GS-F/LS-F.

But yeah, a GS-F and LS-F would be nice, and as blacksc400 pointed out an LS-F can coexist with the LS600hL just fine (just like how a GS-F can coexist with the GSh...)

Ok, now back on topic. More F-Sport packages across the board (including non-F cars like the CT/HS/RX) would be awesome and it would make Lexus more top tier and premium.
Old 03-30-10, 02:47 PM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

That article is a bit late as the F-Sport has been available for at least 3 months or so in the UK. I saw my first one in the showroom when I took my IS in for a service in January.
It's pretty disappointing - bigger wheels and sports seats and that's about your lot. No increase in performance - you get the choice of 2.5 litre petrol or 2.2 litre diesel in standard tune plus no suspension or handling mods. All in all just a cosmetic exercise - for a rather eye-watering £29,365.

Come on Lexus - get your finger out!

Last edited by Big Andy; 03-30-10 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-30-10, 09:07 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Big Andy
That article is a bit late as the F-Sport has been available for at least 3 months or so in the UK. I saw my first one in the showroom when I took my IS in for a service in January.
It's pretty disappointing - bigger wheels and sports seats and that's about your lot. No increase in performance - you get the choice of 2.5 litre petrol or 2.2 litre diesel in standard tune plus no suspension or handling mods. All in all just a cosmetic exercise - for a rather eye-watering £29,365.

You have GOT to be ****ting me. Seriously?
Old 03-30-10, 09:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think this is a good move for the Euro market. Lexus needs to do all it can to expand there and satisfy the consumers there.
Old 03-31-10, 12:21 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Big Andy

Have seen a black one at my dealers show room. The only things I like on this "version" is the alcantara IS-F front seats and the IS-F trunk spoiler. The "F" grill was a big disappointment. It looks and feels cheap (compares to the regular one or the real IS-F grill. It wobbles a bit when you push it lightly with your hand. And the blue F badges on the fender looks really odd. The wheels are the regular ISP 18" wheel. Nothing special with them. There are none f-performance parts on this car and not even the GFX kit.

Quick Reply: Lexus confirms launch of F-sport trim level (UK)