Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: What bike do you ride?
Suzuki
32.35%
Yamaha
17.65%
Honda
26.47%
Other
23.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Who rides motorcycles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-10, 12:25 AM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my baby
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/non...750-clean.html
Old 03-30-10, 01:32 AM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PEARLIS250
It's always the rider. It's all about how much of a risk ur willin to take u would of beat me on my 1000 if u ride hard. I'm more of the cautious rider. I probably should of bought a 750 but I didn't wanna go through the upgrading process
yeah i know what you mean bout the the upgrading process, the 2005 R6 was my first bike so we was together for about 3 years and she was all i knew. i was so use to the bike i thought to myself there is no need for me to upgrade, i guess i got stuck in my ways. Yamaha only offer the R6 and the R1 i always thought about taking that jump to the "1" but to be honest with you im kinda scared. because i got outta trouble a few times just because that throttle was pretty forgiving. Besides i already fell once and thats not a good feeling. imagine just from putting ur butt on a toliet seat
Old 03-30-10, 01:36 AM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Slow_Sc3;5357417]My 2006 cbr 600rr

thats my first time ever seeing that, im use to the Repsol version
Old 03-30-10, 05:19 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Horrible poll. No Italians.

yeah! he even forgot kawasaki; he got 3 of the big 4....

Old 03-30-10, 05:42 AM
nikko2jzge
Driver

My 2001 F4i.
Attached Thumbnails Who rides motorcycles?-f4i.jpg  
Old 03-30-10, 07:56 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gave it up over 15 years ago, took up convertible sports cars as replacement toys. 2 years ago a close family member was killed while riding, the car driver was found guilty of manslaughter.

I rode Yamaha and Honda motorcycles back then.
Old 03-30-10, 08:59 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Though the average biker on CL is probably very careful and knows what he/she is doing (especially PhilipMSPT), my late uncle, who was a surgeon and made his living patching people up, once told me that there were four things that regularly kept him in buisness......motorcycles, skateboards, chain-saws, and power-lawn mowers.
Old 03-30-10, 09:16 AM
Janizary
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Been a motorcycle rider since I was a pre-teen, so about 35 years now.

Started riding on dirt bikes and an old Trident of my uncle's (don't know the year, 'old' would suffice).

Sold my last dedicated 'street' bike a bit back (Kawasaki Concourse Touring bike), though I have had many bikes down through the years (VFRs and CBRs, mostly).

Currently, the only 'streetable' bike I have is a dual-sport used principally for trail riding (KLR-250D). My passion is dual-sport riding and for that I use my '03 Kawasaki KLX-300. Its getting a bit long in the tooth, but still runs like a champ.
Old 03-30-10, 09:55 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
That's cool.

Which Duc were you thinking of?
999R I think? And a 750 I think... they looked the same but ones faster... I'm not 100% on that it was about a year ago.
Red of course lol. Oh I did see a white one in the showroom
Old 03-30-10, 09:59 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Yea I'm sorry I like the ninja to I suck I wish I could add but I don't think I can
Old 03-30-10, 10:32 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

999R I think? And a 750 I think... they looked the same but ones faster... I'm not 100% on that it was about a year ago.
Red of course lol. Oh I did see a white one in the showroom
I like the 999R. Too bad that for some reason, it didn't sell well (the design was a bit too futuristic for some, but exotic rockets should be).

White Ducs such as the 848/1198 are becoming more popular. Ducati is making a lot of pearl white bikes, and I would like a pearl white Multistrada in the near future.

Yea I'm sorry I like the ninja to I suck I wish I could add but I don't think I can
Ninjas are nice bikes. They're light and super easy to control. Smaller displacement bikes = easier wheelies.
Old 03-30-10, 11:34 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

I think that is the white one I was lookin at... maybe the one I was lookin at had a red stripe??? its been a while... the sevices on ducati's are like 1k? Is this true? That's kinda why I didn't get one... oh and they are double the price of mines... very nice though. If I had a ton of monry I would of got a ducati no question... but I don't so I coulndnt
Old 03-30-10, 01:50 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think that is the white one I was lookin at... maybe the one I was lookin at had a red stripe??? its been a while... the sevices on ducati's are like 1k? Is this true? That's kinda why I didn't get one... oh and they are double the price of mines... very nice though. If I had a ton of monry I would of got a ducati no question... but I don't so I coulndnt
Service isn't that bad compared to Japanese bikes.

Regular maintenance such as oil change is about the same.

However, for Ducati, most bikes need valve maintenance every 7500 miles, which is about $200 to inspect, and another $300 if it does need an adjustment (if it's out of spec). So if you need a valve adjustment with regular maintenance (oil change) at 7500 miles, it can cost around $700-800.

And you said you saw a red/white striped 999R?

Old 03-30-10, 02:12 PM
jaseman
Pole Position

Been riding since I was 10 y/o, so that's almost 30 years now.

Ridden or owned all sorts of things in that time. Dirtbikes, cruisers, sportbikes, tourers, you name it.

My current bikes:

2003 Kawi MeanStreak - Hard Krome 3" Staggered Straights, Thunder Mfg. Tornado intake, TechFlusion TFi fuel controller, Progressive shocks and fork springs.

1990 Kawi ZX-10 - Sotck except for the jet kit and Corbin seat. Makes a great sport-tourer, and still gets up and goes for a 20 year old bike.

2004 Honda 599 - Actually my wife's, but she doesn't ride anymore since we got the baby. Great bike, just physically too small for my 6'2" frame. It's for sale BTW

And of course, to show my dedication to riding
Old 03-30-10, 02:20 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Nice tat and bike jaseman... I love my motorcycle but not that much lol... looks goodthough and expensive

The ducati I saw was white with a small red stripe. Ill see if I can find a pic when I get home and post it up ... it was at a shop in san rafeal ca. Right off of 101

Quick Reply: Who rides motorcycles?