Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

VORSTEINER: M3! Can I Has... PLEASE?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-10, 07:37 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
putting wheels make it look cheap? that's a first. smart people or those who care will know if it's m3 or 3 series, just like they can tell if it's isf or is2/350
I can't tell if it's a 250 or 350 unless I see the badge on the back. And I've owned both. =\

Anyways, to contribute to this thread - that front bumper looks like a Jay Leno chin.
Old 04-01-10, 08:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Infra
I can't tell if it's a 250 or 350 unless I see the badge on the back. And I've owned both. =\

Anyways, to contribute to this thread - that front bumper looks like a Jay Leno chin.
isf looks a lot different than is2/350
Old 04-01-10, 12:48 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
This just my opinion but saying that aftermarket wheels make an ISF look cheap is like saying they make our GS look cheap. What's the difference?
The choice of wheels is so important....more so for certain cars. A bad choice can do harm but you're saying any wheel change makes an ISF look cheap. Not only do I not agree I think your comment is insulting to all of us.............including yourself............I guess you just don't know that you insulted yourself.

You're still a cool guy in my book. Everyone says something off the wall at some point.
I don't think you've got the point here. The IS-F is a specialty vehicle not the ordinary 250/350. In which case, if you put wheels kits and such on it, it begins to look like its counterpart (modded of course) instead of itself- the F. The GS on the other hand doesn't have a specialty F version, so modding them will make them each unique in themselves.
Old 04-01-10, 12:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by nysupraman
I don't think you've got the point here. The IS-F is a specialty vehicle not the ordinary 250/350. In which case, if you put wheels kits and such on it, it begins to look like its counterpart (modded of course) instead of itself- the F. The GS on the other hand doesn't have a specialty F version, so modding them will make them each unique in themselves.
my point is, if someone can't tell between isf vs is2/350, or m3 vs 335, or c63 vs c300/350 BODY style, then wheels make no difference either way
Old 04-01-10, 01:06 PM
LexFather

This just my opinion but saying that aftermarket wheels make an ISF look cheap is like saying they make our GS look cheap. What's the difference?
The choice of wheels is so important....more so for certain cars. A bad choice can do harm but you're saying any wheel change makes an ISF look cheap. Not only do I not agree I think your comment is insulting to all of us.............including yourself............I guess you just don't know that you insulted yourself.

You're still a cool guy in my book. Everyone says something off the wall at some point.
I agree 100%. So this looks cheap?? People want to customize their cars, it doesn't matter if its a Kia Rio or a Rolls Phantom. Now choice of wheel is one thing but outside of Ferrari Purists what car should not be customized?

my point is, if someone can't tell between isf vs is2/350, or m3 vs 335, or c63 vs c300/350 BODY style, then wheels make no difference either way
I agree 100% as well.

A rule of thumb I was told is the wheels should compliment the car. You should NOT notice the wheels first. But that is to taste, some like huge rims, huge lips, chrome, spinners etc, I really don't care.

Except staggered on FWD

Old 04-01-10, 01:06 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

BBS LMs would help the overall look of this car.
Old 04-01-10, 02:08 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by sleeper408
BBS LMs would help the overall look of this car.
BBS LMs fix any car.

Old 04-01-10, 02:15 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

putting wheels make it look cheap? that's a first. smart people or those who care will know if it's m3 or 3 series, just like they can tell if it's isf or is2/350
yup smart people........i rest my case. You need to realize 99% of the population dont care about cars like we do. I stand by my position
Old 04-01-10, 02:15 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 amen to that 1sicklex lol
Old 04-01-10, 02:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

word.LOL
Old 04-01-10, 02:45 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I understand the point perfectly well. I just don't agree. Not only that I think it's snobbish and judgemental. Taste is an individual thing. Personally, I would put wheels on whatever car I own. If I had a Ferrari, it's gets new shoes. Period. Zonda....new shoes. Bugatti Veyron......double wide shoes. As for the ISF, it is sweet but in no way are wheels a detriment if chosen well.
This one has wheels and a lip. It looks hot. Period!

Old 04-01-10, 02:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
yup smart people........i rest my case. You need to realize 99% of the population dont care about cars like we do. I stand by my position
don't worry, those 99% of the people don't give a damn about wheels neither, they probably think your gs is just another avalon
Old 04-01-10, 02:58 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I understand the point perfectly well. I just don't agree. Not only that I think it's snobbish and judgemental. Taste is an individual thing. Personally, I would put wheels on whatever car I own. If I had a Ferrari, it's gets new shoes. Period. Zonda....new shoes. Bugatti Veyron......double wide shoes. As for the ISF, it is sweet but in no way are wheels a detriment if chosen well.
This one has wheels and a lip. It looks hot. Period!

I don't see how it's snobbish and judgmental? No doubt about it, that F looks real good with the wheels and drop, but quick glance...is it a modded ISx50 or an F? Every part of a special vehicle makes it special! You start taking that away, it becomes less of an F. Let's see you get that Ferrari and Bugatti and start changing it into something it's not. You can understand all you want, but like you said taste is an individual thing, you don't have to agree, it's a matter of opinion.
Old 04-01-10, 03:04 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's snobbish and judgemental because uou have classified every ISF that has aftermarket wheels as cheap. That is so far from reality it's beyond belief.
A poor choice of wheels could cheapen the look of the car but it won't be cheap.
You don't have to like wheels but don't classify all ISF's as being cheap because they have aftermarket wheels. That's judgemental.
Old 04-01-10, 03:06 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Anthony
+1 amen to that 1sicklex lol

I don't see how it's snobbish and judgmental? No doubt about it, that F looks real good with the wheels and drop, but quick glance...is it a modded ISx50 or an F? Every part of a special vehicle makes it special! You start taking that away, it becomes less of an F. Let's see you get that Ferrari and Bugatti and start changing it into something it's not. You can understand all you want, but like you said taste is an individual thing, you don't have to agree, it's a matter of opinion.
Well you sound like a Ferrari Purist (btw not criticizing you). Maybe more than any other brand you have some Ferrari guys that firmly believe it better stay stock as Enzo meant it. They HATE any mods done to Ferraris. I have no issue with this philosophy and I completely understand how you(they feel) that "special" cars should stay stock as the factory did all the work and sells you the car.

Clearly most people keep their cars stock, including "special" ones. However some want to make it "more special" and they are entitled to that.

Hell we have people all the time post here "why the hell do you want to make a Lexus ride worse" in regards to any wheel or suspension changes on ANY Lexus.

Quick Reply: VORSTEINER: M3! Can I Has... PLEASE?