Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

VORSTEINER: M3! Can I Has... PLEASE?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-10, 03:15 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
It's snobbish and judgemental because uou have classified every ISF that has aftermarket wheels as cheap. That is so far from reality it's beyond belief.
A poor choice of wheels could cheapen the look of the car but it won't be cheap.
You don't have to like wheels but don't classify all ISF's as being cheap because they have aftermarket wheels. That's judgemental.
I never said it looked cheap buddy, some other members have. Don't get so hasty, it's all OPINION

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Well you sound like a Ferrari Purist (btw not criticizing you). Maybe more than any other brand you have some Ferrari guys that firmly believe it better stay stock as Enzo meant it. They HATE any mods done to Ferraris. I have no issue with this philosophy and I completely understand how you(they feel) that "special" cars should stay stock as the factory did all the work and sells you the car.

Clearly most people keep their cars stock, including "special" ones. However some want to make it "more special" and they are entitled to that.

Hell we have people all the time post here "why the hell do you want to make a Lexus ride worse" in regards to any wheel or suspension changes on ANY Lexus.
My F is in no way near the caliber of a Ferrari, and it never will be! There are just certain cars I would rather visually leave stock, mostly being the specialty division variants...whether it be the F, M, RS, etc.... I get your point though, and I am in no way against modding (ie: my SC college car). It is IMHO a very difficult task to make such vehicles "more special". That doesn't mean it's impossible. I can only name less than a handful of F's that look better than factory
Old 04-01-10, 03:17 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Hell we have people all the time post here "why the hell do you want to make a Lexus ride worse" in regards to any wheel or suspension changes on ANY Lexus.
Yeah, some people don't like what we do to our cars.............but they are always on the site looking at them. Go figure!
Old 04-01-10, 03:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

It's snobbish and judgemental because uou have classified every ISF that has aftermarket wheels as cheap. That is so far from reality it's beyond belief.
A poor choice of wheels could cheapen the look of the car but it won't be cheap.
You don't have to like wheels but don't classify all ISF's as being cheap because they have aftermarket wheels. That's judgemental.
i agree. having wheels can make it or break it, no doubt. but having wheels automatically cheapens the car? that's laughable, and i don't see any ground. people who don't really know what's isf and what's is350, they most certainly do NOT recognize the stock wheels on isf. they will only say it's some very dark color dirty wheels.

and same thing for m3, specially those with 18" stock wheels. people who don't know about the car, definitely won't know it's m3 vs 335.

so what's the point? what makes stock wheels vs aftermarket wheels a "way" to cheapen a car?
Old 04-01-10, 03:22 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by nysupraman
I never said it looked cheap buddy, some other members have. Don't get so hasty, it's all OPINION

My F is in no way near the caliber of a Ferrari, and it never will be! There are just certain cars I would rather visually leave stock, mostly being the specialty division variants...whether it be the F, M, RS, etc.... I get your point though, and I am in no way against modding (ie: my SC college car). It is IMHO a very difficult task to make such vehicles "more special". That doesn't mean it's impossible. I can only name less than a handful of F's that look better than factory
And to me what makes the IS-F different is it does offer BBS wheels OEM. It would be tough for ME to swap them out. They are fantastic stock.

Yeah, some people don't like what we do to our cars.............but they are always on the site looking at them. Go figure!
lol

Originally Posted by rominl
i agree. having wheels can make it or break it, no doubt. but having wheels automatically cheapens the car? that's laughable, and i don't see any ground. people who don't really know what's isf and what's is350, they most certainly do NOT recognize the stock wheels on isf. they will only say it's some very dark color dirty wheels.

and same thing for m3, specially those with 18" stock wheels. people who don't know about the car, definitely won't know it's m3 vs 335.

so what's the point? what makes stock wheels vs aftermarket wheels a "way" to cheapen a car?
I dunno gonna grab dinner and get a beer

Old 04-01-10, 03:31 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Great pics... very well done..
Old 04-01-10, 05:03 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The warts on the hood and the defective tail pipes are not helping to look.
Old 04-01-10, 06:16 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the trunk, but I'm not feeling the wheels.