Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2010 Range Rover!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-10, 12:29 PM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but it's hard to call it i guess (i hate to compare the two) getting a new car is kinda like getting a fancy cell phone. because i have the blackberry storm 2 and i never had a problem with the phone. i know guys who on their 3rd and 4th storm 2 in a matter of months. same story with the iphone, some people love them and some people have nothing but problems with them. if this make sense, in which it doesn't????
Old 04-07-10, 12:43 PM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I have heard that out of all Range Rovers the 03 and possibly 04 are the most reliable due to them having a BMW motor. I say most reliable, but that doesn't mean they're bulletproof. Many of them have problems with the air suspension which costs a fortune to fix. I would have a Range Rover right now if it weren't for the reliability issues. I drive a ton and can't have a car that I need to worry about. Lexus should teach Range Rover a thing or two about building a reliable car.
Old 04-07-10, 01:51 PM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Str8 VIP
but it's hard to call it i guess (i hate to compare the two) getting a new car is kinda like getting a fancy cell phone. because i have the blackberry storm 2 and i never had a problem with the phone. i know guys who on their 3rd and 4th storm 2 in a matter of months. same story with the iphone, some people love them and some people have nothing but problems with them. if this make sense, in which it doesn't????
You hit the nail on the head. A problem Range Rover is a problem Range Rover, period. You will always hear about these, owned by people who are fed up and tired of all the problems and how it should be a lemon. Yes, this is of course more than the average car, but it is realy hit or miss.

Originally Posted by COOLIS
I have heard that out of all Range Rovers the 03 and possibly 04 are the most reliable due to them having a BMW motor. I say most reliable, but that doesn't mean they're bulletproof. Many of them have problems with the air suspension which costs a fortune to fix. I would have a Range Rover right now if it weren't for the reliability issues. I drive a ton and can't have a car that I need to worry about. Lexus should teach Range Rover a thing or two about building a reliable car.
I loved the engine in my 2003, it was amazing, but the build was carried over from the Ford years and BMW did nothing to improve that. I had the same engine in my BMW X5 (2001) and I loved it both times (a better performing package in the X5 though).
Old 04-07-10, 09:50 PM
LexFather

Whats the difference between a 4.0 and a 4.6

Old 04-07-10, 10:01 PM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Whats the difference between a 4.0 and a 4.6
i think Jay-Z already gave the best answer....... "Imaginary Player"

i guess it's hit or miss, hopefully the new one or "build" alot better, it such a shame if that series turns out to be a POS. if anyone haven't checked the new Range Rovers you should, can't wait to see it in person
Old 04-08-10, 06:33 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I helped diagnose a Range that every morning, the air suspension was deflated and the truck was on the floor.

We searched for the air leak, and found a faulty air shock, front left.

Dealer only part, $1,300 for just the shock at wholesale, shop price. Would hate to see the retail price on that one. (What you'd pay if the dealer were to change it.)

So yea style, class and all that. I agree it's got it.

But you pay for it.
Old 04-08-10, 08:30 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Sport is unreliable
but Range Rover Classic has better reliability
Old 04-08-10, 07:42 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

These 3rd generation (MKIII) Range Rover's are much improved over previous generations. However they still have their issues as any RR owner/enthusiast will tell you. Some are little gremlins others can be major issues such as the front differential recall which was for all BMW 4.4 7-Series sourced engines (2003-05) models. Great engine but they definitely had their share of issues, i.e. radiator hoses. The much maligned EAS (Electronic Air Suspension) has improved over the course of the current generation. In past years, owners would convert to coils as a less expensive alternative to repairing it. Hell I even considered it on my previous RR.

The Jaguar V8 4.4 and 4.2 supercharged models 2006- present are much better in terms of reliability. However when compared to other luxury SUV makes they're still the worst in terms of reliability. Overall each generation has gotten considerably better as that is pretty much the concept of any car but RR still has a way to go. Even these new 2010s have had their share of problems as owner or member of RRNET Forum will tell you.........That said, I still love them and am strongly considering getting one at the close of the year.

Words of wisdom: Get a warranty or have a great inexpensive mechanic as a friend.
Old 04-09-10, 11:24 PM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

well i guess the Esclade always an option, but the interior on those looks cheap to me. hopefully the upgrade the interior on the new models