Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2010 Range Rover!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-10, 03:19 PM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Range Rover!!!!

i've been checking out the 2010 range rover and gotta say that truck is pretty damn awesome. i always admired the range rover but hate to say been a Esclade fan at heart so never paid to much attention to the range but untill today. To me the exterior pretty much looks the same to the ones pior 2010 but the interior recieve a whole new face lift. the instrument panel is all digital and the supercharged version 510 bhp!!!! As i was looking at the Range Rover HSE and the Range Rover sport i asked myself, whats the differences between the two. besides the interior anything else that sets the two apart? i believe the Sport have a tighter suspension and more have a hatchback apperence in the rear?

Does anybody own one?, (Range Rover in general) have any input on how both cars handle and relieablity as well?
Old 04-06-10, 03:42 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Reliability?

I don't own one, but I have only heard horror stories regarding its reliability.

I believe it ranks as having the worst reliability when compared to all other car makes available in the U.S. Even most motorcycles have better reliability than Range Rover...
Old 04-06-10, 03:46 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Some good examples:

UFC fighter gets Range Rover as a gift, it breaks down on the way home

Furious driver dumps his £50,000 Range Rover outside showroom... emblazoned with a list of its 'faults'

Worst 10 Cars for Repair Costs (THREE of which are Land Rovers)

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 04-06-10 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-06-10, 04:01 PM
MrBruin09
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Ranger Rover HSE is bigger overall then the Range Rover Sport. It also has a lot better interior too. It is like comparing audi Q7 to audi Q5

My brother has a Supercharged one, but he is leasing it. These cars have the worst reliabilities around.
Old 04-06-10, 04:04 PM
LexFather

I agree not reliable but I love it inside and out. Exudes class and it is very British still. I am a big fan especially with the new engine upgrades.

Old 04-06-10, 04:25 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

The Range Rover Sport tho similar in looks to the Range Rover is built on the LR4 platform. Of all the models tho, the Sport is by far my favorite
Old 04-06-10, 05:20 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The Range Rover is the S-Class of SUVs. The Autobiography edition is out of this world!
Old 04-06-10, 05:28 PM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Range Rover sport is built on the LR3/4's platform, while the Range Rover is on it's own platform.

The Sport is a more capable off-road vehicle, while the RR is more targeted towards urban cruising.
Old 04-06-10, 05:50 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I like the Range Rovers despite the reliability issues. It sure would be nice to see some improvement in reliability.
Old 04-06-10, 07:15 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

I've always loved Range Rovers since I was rather young. Then one of my friend's parents got one and I was so excited to be able to check it out in person.

Not long after that, however, when I asked about it I was told that the brakes had failed and were way too expensive to fix. Answer? New car.
Old 04-06-10, 07:35 PM
Milla...

The range is one suv I will always love from a distance as it's the nicest suv made (looks & off road ability only), these are pure garbage or should say absolutely beautiful garbage. Two of my friends couldn't get past two years of ownership, sad, very sad and it hurst my feelings. I'm always one for taking risks with the cars I like but the range is just pathetic.
Old 04-06-10, 08:23 PM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

"aww man say it ain't so, lies, lies, lies is all i see. shame on you all"

enough of that, man it's sad to see so many problems with such a beautiful car. . its funny because my girlfriend keep getting into car accidents so i suggest she get a truck, maybe a Range Rover. Man, after reading everyone bad experience even i wouldn't look at a Range Rover the same again. i mean come on did you see the 2010 interior work on the HSE model!!! i had to change my pants twice and this before i seen the 0-60mph take off!! i guess all of that beauty not worth the price (on repairs that is)
Old 04-07-10, 08:29 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

I have a Range Rover, 2006 Supercharged Full Size. I LOVE IT! It is the best car I have owned in terms of style, function, and presence. I am not one to comment on reliability because I have had no major issues, at least with this model. I regularly take it to the dealership for preventative maintainence, because of my past experiences.

This is my third Range Rover, had a 2003 HSE, and a 2001 4.6 and they were both terrible and in the shop more than any other cars I have owned, the 2003 more than the 2001 (not sure if that has anything to do with BMW). The Air ride is the best feature of the car, but you will curse it if it ever goes out because it completely puts your car out of commission and is EXTREMELY expensive to fix. I had that problem on both my previous models (twice on the 2003).

With that said, I obviously am a glutton for punishment because I went back for a third and I gurantee I will go back for a fourth, probably get a 2011 or 2012. There is something to be said about a car that gives you problems but makes you keep getting them.

Reliability has improved dramatically, since my first, but it still has its issues and it will continue to have that dark cloud hanging over its head. Someone above noted correctly that it is the S-Class of SUV's, it is arguably the best on the planet, but just like the S class, technology has its price. More to maintain, more that can go wrong and more time to repair. In fact, a friend of mine has both a Range and an S class and his S is in the shop twice as much as the Range. Now I think MB's are more reliable, but the added tech is where the issues lie. Wish everyone could be like Lexus in this category.

As for the 2010, I LOVE THEM TO DEATH, I just refuse to be an early adopter of the Tata Motors Range Rover without proven stats. The restyle is minimal, but nice and the interior is to die for. Head and shoulders above anything else out there, IMO (Aston Marton, Bentley and Rolls excluded).

The power in the HSE models of the Sport and Full Size is comperable to my supercharged and the Supercharged versions of both are a blast to drive (My service advisor makes me drive one every time I am in in hopes I will get one so he could get a cut).

As for the Sport, very nice, but a little harsher on the roads than the Full Size, but not by much and it has less interior room and less plush of an interior, although significantly nicer than the previous sports. The Full Size is amazing in every regard, more interior space and luxury, but more like a boat, it floats when you drive it and more comfortable.

As far as offroading, they are equally skilled and second to no other SUV.

Bottom line, Best SUV, Full Size makes more sense to me because it has the best of everything, but make sure you have a warranty (if you are buying a 2010 of course you will) and enjoy it. Yes, more problems than the average car, but then again, I cannot vouch for the 2010. Give it a year and see where it lands, but I bet if you get one, you will never leave.

Now that I have fulfilled my duty as an owner, and written on for days, I bid you adue.
Old 04-07-10, 11:24 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 2010 RR Sport front end is verrrry beautiful! but yes, unreliable.
Old 04-07-10, 12:07 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

it's totally weird because out of the two people that I know that have had a Range Rover,

one is totally bulletproof and reliable (2004)

the other, is probably the worst-made car in the world (same gen)

Quick Reply: 2010 Range Rover!!!!